LOL at snipers.

kaksmurfen

tried sniper but found they are real **** for pvp. way to stationary. (lvl 37)

you put up a shield and try to hide behind it...then more or less any other class sees you.

"OH look. a free kill =)

And you have to manage your energy in pvp also. keep it above 60 % so you can actually DO some dmg...

I remember why i kill snipers first in pvp.. they are silly easy to kill and cant harm me when i play my sorc.

and not because iam elite sorc player. iam casual.

The second i hear a sniper shooting in huttball, i hide behind a pillar or wall.

not cuz iam scared of him. but why should i let him hit me when i can easily prevent it.

(tho some times i just kill snipers straight down).

After pillar hiding, i scout for the sniper. and load 2 dots (iam hybrid sorc specc).

and a force lightning and most of time also instant chain + death field..

that should let him see me. so he tries to target me. (wich i see).

i just hide again behind the pillar and he cant do anything. while my dots work on him still.

my first dmg should take him down to about 50 % hp.

he still have me on target, waiting for me to show my head so he can shoot me.

Wich i will do after i shield myself.

pop recklessness for a planed 3.5 k crit death field.

i jump out and do that on him. and hides back again. my shield easily holds his only shot.

so iam still at 100 % hp and sniper is at 35% or less.

now he need to heal up.. so he tries to run away.

i jump out and slow him down (force slow).. and then force lightning him 1- 2 times to get 1 instant darkness. + 1 instant shock...

and hes dead. if not. just more force lightning will do it.

please fix snipers.

dont make them so damn stationary.

Can only make the real dmg when hiding behind a shield... ?? ***.

then l2p, marksmanship at that level is awesome, you dont even need to stay in a position for long with all those isntants but i guess you are another herp derp ima casting mah snipah and keep spamming horribly slow abilities

at lvl 34 i could pretty much kill everyone and sit in cover for no mroe than 3-4 seconds in most situations that involve me being attacked by someone

Edited by Labradoraki

close, except when you pop out I'll flashbang, put a splosion probe on you, ambush, legshot, frag and follow that with a crit instasnipe. as you go to hit LOS again I'll have my interrogation probe on you doign damage while you hide and I flank around to pop you in the back. And I'm engi... not even a marksman spec which could put more dmg down faster on you with less GCDs.

bad players are bad.

Cover is screwed up but snipers aren't broken.

close, except when you pop out I'll flashbang, put a splosion probe on you, ambush, legshot, frag and follow that with a crit instasnipe. as you go to hit LOS again I'll have my interrogation probe on you doign damage while you hide and I flank around to pop you in the back. And I'm engi... not even a marksman spec which could put more dmg down faster on you with less GCDs.

bad players are bad.

Cover is screwed up but snipers aren't broken.

Except he will instantly break your flashbang with trinket and instantly LoS your ambush waiting exp probe to expire, while his dots will be eating you.

Tales are such a tales.

ROFL, for me - BM sniper - Sorcs are about the easiest kill ever... I mean, yesterday I targeted a Sorc and he literally exploded several seconds afterwards... My first hit on him did 6.5k damage - I got a screen, will post after I return from work.

Woo... Death Field for whole 3.5k so scary... That's almost what I do with Snipe...

Really, any Sorc that does not run for the hills the moment he sees my animation on his sorry ***, turns into a pile of bleeding meat in 3 seconds afterwards.

Edited by Gaidax

l2p the class, noob.

Sorry, but for someone who's gonna make a 5 paragraph rant about how a class is bad, when in the first paragraph they blatantly state they don't understand how to use them, I can't help but respond this way.

If I can use a WOW reference, this is like being a marksman hunter in PVP rather than Beastmaster. If you want to be a sniper, you're best bet is probably PVE.

Marks does ok in PVP if it knows it's limitations. You have to run away a lot as a marks :p

The only way they do well is if they aren't noticed so a lot of setting up in weird spots and popping casters on the fringe of areas.

I play that way as engi as well but with a fast frag cooldown and splosion probe i don't hav eto sit in cover quite as much to still do 'decent' damage. I can pop in do one or two things then pop out and move again. lethality doe spretty well in general and is much more mobile.

The poster that mentioned he'll trinket out of my flashbang... he might and if I sit there waiting for him to peak out again whiel I've got dots on me I'd be a bad player too.

fact is, a sorc/sage posting about hwo they 'wreck' snipers/gunslingers is just another "I played against a bad player and owned them so that class must suck" post. Slingers/snipers own light armor enemies if they know what they're doing. Put a heavy armor enemy on me and I'm a lil more worried but clothies? pfft

Snipe (instant, crit)

Ambush (1.5 seconds)

Instant followthroughs without needing cover

Probe (instant)

Run around cover stuttering for snipes.

Series of shots when you get a chance to stand still.

Marksman DPS is not immobile anymore than any ranged dps. The immobility comes from not being able to ambush/snipe before the cover animation ends, and that only happens to people who use the cover bar. You should be spamming snipe/ambush from the moment you hit your cover button. It will go off very quickly, leaving you with a very small stutter in movement (in the case of snipe).

Snipe (instant, crit)

Ambush (1.5 seconds)

Instant followthroughs without needing cover

Probe (instant)

Run around cover stuttering for snipes.

Series of shots when you get a chance to stand still.

Marksman DPS is not immobile anymore than any ranged dps. The immobility comes from not being able to ambush/snipe before the cover animation ends, and that only happens to people who use the cover bar. You should be spamming snipe/ambush from the moment you hit your cover button. It will go off very quickly, leaving you with a very small stutter in movement (in the case of snipe).

Takedown also doesn't require cover. Snipe can be instant out of cover every 6 seconds or so I think.

Snipers are really immobile at first, but later in the tree they become a lot more mobile.