Class Changes: Virulence Sniper/ Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Below you will find the planned changes for Virulence and Dirty Fighting coming in Game Update 5.3.

Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.

Sniper

Virulence

• Cull deals 25% less damage
  • Weakening Blast deals 11% more damage, costs 5 energy, and is no longer triggered by weapon damage from Cull
  • Increased Lethal Shot weapon damage by 13% and reduced its poison damage by 35%
  • Toxic Surge deals 20% more damage
  • In addition to its previous effects, Lethal Takedown now also reduces the energy cost of Takedown by 3

Gunslinger

Dirty Fighting

• Wounding Shots deals 25% less damage
  • Hemorrhaging Blast deals 11% more damage, costs 5 energy, and is no longer triggered by weapon damage from Wounding Shots
  • Increased Dirty Blast weapon damage by 13% and reduced its bleed damage by 35%
  • Bloody Mayhem deals 20% more damage
  • In addition to its previous effects, Dirty Shot now also reduces the energy cost of Quickdraw by 3

DevNotes: The changes to the Virulence Sniper / Dirty Fighting Gunslinger are meant to bring the discipline down to its target DPS. The damage reduction to Cull / Wounding Shots and the changes to Weakening Blast / Hemorrhaging Blast and Lethal Shot / Dirty Blast brought Virulence / Dirty Fighting slightly below its target DPS, so we increased the damage of Toxic Surge / Bloody Mayhem to get it back to the target.

The change to Lethal Takedown / Dirty Shot addressed a situation where it was better to use Lethal Shot / Dirty Blast while the target was under the effect of your Weakening Blast / Hemorrhaging Blast.

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like that Weakening/Hemmorhaging costs energy now, since the spec needed resource management assistance. If I already have to use my autoattack a few times in the rotation because I'm not getting enough energy back from resource procs, that isn't good.

The Takedown/Quickdraw and Lethal Shot/Dirty Blast changes are good though; provides more incentive to take advantage of the Lethal Takedown/Dirty Shot proc.

The change to Lethal Takedown / Dirty Shot addressed a situation where it was better to use Lethal Shot / Dirty Blast while the target was under the effect of your Weakening Blast / Hemorrhaging Blast.
I though the intention was for us to use lethal shot inside the WB window, and takedown outside... Edited by briceharbinger

Hey folks,

Below you will find the planned changes for Virulence and Dirty Fighting coming in Game Update 5.3.

Really, damage of cull down by a quarter? May i enquire the reasoning, since Cull is the only ability that deals any real damage....

Just for clarification, the energy reduction to Quickdraw/Takedown is that cumulative (so 3 dirty blasts/lethal shots would reduce it's energy by 9) or is it just a proc that reduces energy cost by 3 regardless of how many Dirty Blasts/Lethal Shots we use?

Just for clarification, the energy reduction to Quickdraw/Takedown is that cumulative (so 3 dirty blasts/lethal shots would reduce it's energy by 9) or is it just a proc that reduces energy cost by 3 regardless of how many Dirty Blasts/Lethal Shots we use?

Lethal takedown is the proc we get when cull makes TD useable above 30% and resets its cooldown. Its not a stacking buff.

m8, we just gotta discover our true role as snipers. We're gonna still be the tanks with the best dps.

No lie, I was able to tank nim raptus for a solid minute when one of the tanks died and we couldn't rez them lol.

I got an average of about 890 lost

My calculations were pretty rudimentary and only kinda guessed what the energy changes would do so I underestimated a bit.

I am confused about this. Lethal Shot has always been better to use under Weakening Blast because of its poison damage. It makes no sense to not have the incentive to use lethal shot in a WB window because it has poison damage that is increased during WB. Basically, from my understanding, you don't want us to have the extra poison damage from WB then?

Lethal takedown is the proc we get when cull makes TD useable above 30% and resets its cooldown. Its not a stacking buff.

Ok. I should probably pay more attention to the terminology of the classes, lol. I got Dirty Blast and Dirty Shot mixed up. Thanks.

Also, quoting myself from an earlier thread.

Virulence/Dirty Fighting has resource management issues; reduce the cost per tick of Cull/Wounding Shots to 4 and the cost of Takedown/Quickdraw and Lethal Shot/Dirty Blast by 5 each. Alternatively, make Lethal Takedown/Dirty Shot additionally make the next Takedown/Quickdraw free.

The DPS changes I'm fine with though.

I am confused about this. Lethal Shot has always been better to use under Weakening Blast because of its poison damage. It makes no sense to not have the incentive to use lethal shot in a WB window because it has poison damage that is increased during WB. Basically, from my understanding, you don't want us to have the extra poison damage from WB then?

What they want is for us to be able to meet their "Quasi-Sustained" damage output levels.

Also, I am gonna need to check the Series of Shots useage now given that the lethal shot nerf is pretty major. Corrosive mine useage might also be a bit lower, idk yet.