Lana Baniko questions

samhinch

How powerful is Lana in relation to the Sith warrior or the inquisitor? Is she just under a dark counciler in power? What's her title anyway?

What do you think her role will be in the new expansion?

She's a Sith Lord. If I'm not mistaken you can ask her "Why Lana Beniko instead of Lord Beniko?" (paraphrased) when you first meet her (at least Empire side).

As for power, she's probably strong, but not in the same league as the Wrath, the Inquisitor, Darth Marr, Darth Malgus, etc... probably about the same power level as your Force Using companions. (Jaesa, Ashara, Kira, etc...)

Mind you, not all Dark Council members are fighters. She may be able to defeat Darth Vowrawn in one on one combat for example, since he's a master manipulator rather than a fighting machine like Marr, Ravage and the other more physical members. (Of course he'd find out about it long before she can make her move, and have her assassinated, since that's his forte)

She's presumably weaker than the Inquisitor. The inquisitor is one of the most powerful Sith in the empire from a pure ability-to-manipulate-the-Force angle. Similarly, the Wrath is one of the mightiest saber combatants. While there's no real concrete evidence about absolute skill/power for any player character, the PC Sith are equal to the Dark Council, while conversely, Lana Beniko isn't even a Darth. She's just a Lord, which is surprising given that she's in her mid 30's (although she doesn't look it); her codex entry has her active militarily on Hoth pre-Treaty of Coruscant (which is 13 years before SOR), which means she's at least 18-20 + 13 = minimum 31 years old.

I also think, but am not sure, that she might be Darth Marr's new apprentice.

Since the Consular killed the old one on Balmorra. Although Darth Lachris was a cruel hedonist through and through she was also a brilliant strategist and cold calculator (and her codex entry plainly states she is/was Marr's apprentice). Since Marr himself is a much more pragmatic and "good of the Empire"-minded Sith, I can see him finding another apprentice who shares similar views after Lachris' death.

She's presumably weaker than the Inquisitor. The inquisitor is one of the most powerful Sith in the empire from a pure ability-to-manipulate-the-Force angle. Similarly, the Wrath is one of the mightiest saber combatants. While there's no real concrete evidence about absolute skill/power for any player character, the PC Sith are equal to the Dark Council, while conversely, Lana Beniko isn't even a Darth. She's just a Lord, which is surprising given that she's in her mid 30's (although she doesn't look it); her codex entry has her active militarily on Hoth pre-Treaty of Coruscant (which is 13 years before SOR), which means she's at least 18-20 + 13 = minimum 31 years old.

Since the Consular killed the old one on Balmorra. Although Darth Lachris was a cruel hedonist through and through she was also a brilliant strategist and cold calculator (and her codex entry plainly states she is/was Marr's apprentice). Since Marr himself is a much more pragmatic and "good of the Empire"-minded Sith, I can see him finding another apprentice who shares similar views after Lachris' death.

She could have also started serving in the military earlier.

She is the Minister or Sith Intelligence though, so she's not lacking for a position of power.

That's the impression I got as well. And to be honest it kinda made me jealous became my sorcerer has a romance with her and I was hoping Darth Nox would insist on her being by his side. But oh well. There's still hope for that in the expansion.

She could have also started serving in the military earlier.

Except for the part where Lana's codex entry says she was a Sith on Hoth with enough force of personality to make both Imperial and Republic troops shut the hell up and listen. In the middle of a firefight.

That's not something a child does. Absolute minimum she's mid-30's in SOR.

Hopefully you get to execute her for treason.

Don't let her pretty face fool you ;). She's a creepy deceptive Sith who hangs around with republic spies and seems to be able to transfer her loyalty from one Darth to the next with ease.

Heck, I trust Theron Shan more than her because at least I know what his agenda is.

- Arcada

Lana is a Light Sith, but still a Sith. She tends to backstab Theron if he isn't looking and can be utterly merciless. Not to spoiler it but there's a point where she goes from normal to executing someone in the time it took you to read that.

Lana is a Light Sith, but still a Sith. She tends to backstab Theron if he isn't looking and can be utterly merciless. Not to spoiler it but there's a point where she goes from normal to executing someone in the time it took you to read that.

She is not a light sith she has yellow eyes and pretty much majority of the choices were you agree with her is dark side decisions. Hell she wanted to tear apart a jedi's body take out the brain and experiment on it.

She is not a light sith she has yellow eyes and pretty much majority of the choices were you agree with her is dark side decisions. Hell she wanted to tear apart a jedi's body take out the brain and experiment on it.

If you're Imperial, siding with Lana over Theron is usually the LS choice. If you're Republic, siding with Theron over Lana is usually the LS choice. The only exception is at the end of Ziost where Lana is desperate to seize any hope of learning how to defeat the Emperor.

She's not some spineless Light V Sith. Her bio is essentially Darth Imperius without starting as a slave or everyone trying to kill them.

Edited by Canareth

If you're Imperial, siding with Lana over Theron is usually the LS choice. If you're Republic, siding with Theron over Lana is usually the LS choice. The only exception is at the end of Ziost where Lana is desperate to seize any hope of learning how to defeat the Emperor.

Actually, it doesn't break down that simply.

There's one choice I remember quite vividly, and it was Theron asking the Rep PC to effectively murder some troopers in their "sleep" in order to keep some information out of Imperial hands - it was a dark side choice to go along with him. That is really the only aligned decision I can remember off the top of my head - but that could just be due to the fact that I'm tired and it's late.

My impression from playing through on both sides is that Lana is Imperial Light Side. (Light Side Imperial characters are generally longer sighted, less violent, more loyal, and far more patriotic.)

I just hope that they don't make her go "darker" (as you point out, she shows signs of dark side corruption, which kind of belies her general behaviour, so she must be dark sided to some degree despite my impression of her) - because right now she's the only love interest for my characters, and they're all light sided regardless of faction. (They're all, with a single exception, lesbians. (The exception is a male smuggler, who I created specifically to romance Theron.)) If she goes darker, it'll be the end of the relationship - and will mean my PCs don't have LIs, unless Bioware introduces some more variety in SGR options.

Edited by Zandilar

I thought her yellow eyes might have just been a part of her species rather than dark side effect. There's no saying she can't be a human who's people have yellow eyes.

She's also likely to have customization options when introduced, though like most companions, I'm not likely to change the way she looks.

I am just saying there is only one instance I recall where agreeing with her is a light side action majority of the time she is pretty much acting like a sith in my opinion and every other time you agree with her its a dark side action. Yeah she is not submerging herself in the dark side like our player characters can do( and npcs) but she is not a light sith.

I don't know how the hell people can think she is light side , How do you think she got the sith eyes? The only way to get those is essentially doing the will of the dark side or committing acts that the strengthen you in the dark side. Yeah she is strong in the dark side and you don't get there by being a light side sith. When its pretty clear going by our stories that they no longer use the dark side if you got light side(skils are just a gameplay mechanic).

Hence no corruption when you go light side since you are doing nothing that strengthens it or you in the dark side. The yellow eyes with the red outline is a part of that corruption its like a mark of the dark side and it just gets worse from there if you keep upping your connection to the dark side.

Well whatever people can think what they want its their stories essentially can't force people to think otherwise.

Edited by lokdron

In Forged Alliance the "Lightside" option she suggests is to kill enemy soldiers without damaging the technology in the so the Empire can figure out how to forcibly implant their cybernetics into people in order to gain an obedient army of unstoppable cyborg soldiers. But it wouldn't really be much of a morality system mechanic to only get two darkside options. Edited by OldVengeance

How powerful is Lana in relation to the Sith warrior or the inquisitor? Is she just under a dark counciler in power? What's her title anyway?

In the new expansion she is suppose to assist the outlander, and may very well be a companion. The answer is simple to her power in relation to the warrior or inquisitor if you play all the way to the end of Ziost. IMO she is just an above average Sith Lord with plenty of influence. Either the Wrath or Nox would handle her pretty easily

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

I am just saying there is only one instance I recall where agreeing with her is a light side action majority of the time she is pretty much acting like a sith in my opinion and every other time you agree with her its a dark side action. Yeah she is not submerging herself in the dark side like our player characters can do( and npcs) but she is not a light sith.

I don't know how the hell people can think she is light side , How do you think she got the sith eyes? The only way to get those is essentially doing the will of the dark side or committing acts that the strengthen you in the dark side. Yeah she is strong in the dark side and you don't get there by being a light side sith. When its pretty clear going by our stories that they no longer use the dark side if you got light side(skils are just a gameplay mechanic).

Hence no corruption when you go light side since you are doing nothing that strengthens it or you in the dark side. The yellow eyes with the red outline is a part of that corruption its like a mark of the dark side and it just gets worse from there if you keep upping your connection to the dark side.

Well whatever people can think what they want its their stories essentially can't force people to think otherwise.

Theron has a do a darkside option as well. Think it was two, but memory doesn't serve me right now.

The instinctive part of me says that can't possibly be true. I play LS characters only, and with most of them I actively avoid making DS choices. Given they've all romanced Lana, and none of them have taken DS hits while doing so...

However. I don't want to rely solely on my memory, so I'm not going to outright say you're wrong. I'm bringing up a new Togruta character (Sith Sorcerer, LS only choices) who has made it to Hoth. When I get to Shadow of Revan, I'm going to make a note of every LS/DS choice and who I am making it in favour of and will post the results here. Might take me about another week or so to get to it (what with uni, real life, and stuff).

There are some weird eye colours you can choose. For example, pure white eyes for humans. Who has pure white eyes? But I did say in a previous post that "obviously she's dark side, she suffers from early stages of DS poisoning, despite what her behaviour would seem to indicate" (well, not word for word, but I did say something similar).

And while I agree with you that LS characters shouldn't use DS abilities and vice versa, and that it is purely a game mechanic problem that they don't, I don't think it's all clear that this is really what's meant to be happening. If you're a Sith Lord and you're tapping the LS of the Force, someone somewhere is going to pick up on that fairly quickly - which would probably result in that Sith's death. (The Jedi might be more forgiving and exile you, or they might just kill you too if you're a DS Jedi.)

If you start down the DS path and change your mind and tap the LS more and more, would the damage the DS did be cured? Or would you be stuck with yellow eyes permanently?

Just because a person has started down one path, doesn't mean they can't later change their mind and walk a different path. Our characters can do it, so why not NPCs?

Which is just a long winded way of saying - why not allow us to influence our companions a little? If Lana turns out to be truely truely DS in KotFE, then I've lost the one LI for my characters that exists right now. There are only three ways around this - make Lana neutral, allow us to influence Lana in one direction or the other, or give us more variety in SGR companions!!!

The instinctive part of me says that can't possibly be true. I play LS characters only, and with most of them I actively avoid making DS choices. Given they've all romanced Lana, and none of them have taken DS hits while doing so...

However. I don't want to rely solely on my memory, so I'm not going to outright say you're wrong. I'm bringing up a new Togruta character (Sith Sorcerer, LS only choices) who has made it to Hoth. When I get to Shadow of Revan, I'm going to make a note of every LS/DS choice and who I am making it in favour of and will post the results here. Might take me about another week or so to get to it (what with uni, real life, and stuff).

There is at least three times agreeing with her, gets you DS points.

When you are splicing (or whatever) some sensors, you can rewire them to pick up Rep side communications as well. Theron gives the same option and it's DS as well.

You can keep the immortal soldier tech to study for the empire as well. Lana suggests it.

DS points for studying the brain as well.

However, things can be different possibly depending on which side of the line you're on. So far, I've had my 60 Rep and Imp flirt with both, with Rep choosing Theron and Imp choosing Lana. I'm working on doing the reverse to see the differences there.

Some of these can come down to "It's best to keep some friends friends, even if you're sith" if I remember the dialogue right.

Which is just a long winded way of saying - why not allow us to influence our companions a little? If Lana turns out to be truely truely DS in KotFE, then I've lost the one LI for my characters that exists right now. There are only three ways around this - make Lana neutral, allow us to influence Lana in one direction or the other, or give us more variety in SGR companions!!!

I really like the idea of influenceing companions kinda like in Kotor 2. I would absolutely LOVE more options than just Lana or Theron for SGR!

I really like the idea of influenceing companions kinda like in Kotor 2. I would absolutely LOVE more options than just Lana or Theron for SGR!

I'd still love to have the first two they gave us as options as well. Not saying EVERY flirt option available, but Lem and Cy would be nice :)

There is at least three times agreeing with her, gets you DS points.

When you are splicing (or whatever) some sensors, you can rewire them to pick up Rep side communications as well. Theron gives the same option and it's DS as well.

You can keep the immortal soldier tech to study for the empire as well. Lana suggests it.

DS points for studying the brain as well.

However, things can be different possibly depending on which side of the line you're on. So far, I've had my 60 Rep and Imp flirt with both, with Rep choosing Theron and Imp choosing Lana. I'm working on doing the reverse to see the differences there.

Some of these can come down to "It's best to keep some friends friends, even if you're sith" if I remember the dialogue right.

Another one is if you are on the empire side and you get the agent to tell lana the truth of what he was doing instead of firing him/leaving him like Theron or even forgiving him she demands you execute him straight away which is guess what a dark side choice! Let's not forget the agent did what he did because he believes in human decency :p

I assume most sith have some light points here and there but her eyes are pretty telling that she is dark sided and what I have seen of her from the story fits the bill.

Edited by lokdron

Another one is if you are on the empire side and you get the agent to tell lana the truth of what he was doing instead of firing him/leaving him like Theron or even forgiving him she demands you execute him straight away which is guess what a dark side choice! Let's not forget the agent did what he did because he believes in human decency :p

I assume most sith have some light points here and there but her eyes are pretty telling that she is dark sided and what I have seen of her from the story fits the bill.

He was a spy in her organization, that was less about human decency and more about his job. Executing spies isn't an unheard of thing. Not sure I would call it a DS choice, but the game did. Need something to fill those DS/LS choices. :p There was no "Take prisoner" option.