Can't seem to RE Versatile Armoring 77

DeSchwartz

So far I've RE'd 40 Versatile Armoring 77 and still no schematic for the next level. From what I've read this is a 20% chance right? Am I not RE'ing the right item? What is your worst possible number for REing this one to get a schematic? :mad::mad::mad:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
So far I've RE'd 40 Versatile Armoring 77 and still no schematic for the next level. From what I've read this is a 20% chance right? Am I not RE'ing the right item? What is your worst possible number for REing this one to get a schematic? :mad::mad::mad:

You CRAFT the greens and RE THEM.

REíng box-rewards or FP-boss-thingies won´t work.

You CRAFT the greens and RE THEM.

REíng box-rewards or FP-boss-thingies won´t work.

This also applies to items crafted by a different character, even one of your own different characters. The only way to RE for higher schematics is for this character's crew to craft the item, and then this character REs (deconstructs) the item.

• 1 month later...

Are these chances bugged, or do I just have the worst luck?

Been deconstructing Adept Enhancement 77 for days now with no hit.

Yes, they are crafted on my own char, and i've deconstruct 7 at a time twice with no hit.

Is it better to do one and one ? or several at a time?

Are these chances bugged, or do I just have the worst luck?

Been deconstructing Adept Enhancement 77 for days now with no hit.

Yes, they are crafted on my own char, and i've deconstruct 7 at a time twice with no hit.

Is it better to do one and one ? or several at a time?

Always wished reverse engineering was a low % to start and each failed attempt you'd gain a little % chance up to unlock. That way even if you had horrible luck eventually the odds would be in your favor. After all tearing it apart you should learn something.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay vent time...

Well I just RE almost 2 dozen 292 barrel.....200+ Solid Resources Gone, 200+ Processed Iso Gone, numerous other materials and crafting time gone...for nothing.

Worst damn crafting system in an MMO I have experienced. The whole system actively punishes you for wanting to craft gear instead of chasing RND drops. There is no progression for just crafting an item, the % never changes even if you fail 100 times or craft a 1000 items.

It's clear crafting system was changed in 6.0 to target the super rich, as was Amplifiers. As most players will not be able to afford to take advantage of either system, and some just won't bother regardless. Otherwise end game gear wouldn't be blocked by a Huge Time Sink (Conquest Rewards) I mean 1 piece of gear could eat up easily hundreds of Solid Resources, with only a couple available per week per character. So it could easily take 1-2 months to earn enough mats to just TRY for 1 piece of gear. So its forcing you to spend $$.

I get best gear being locked behind earning them, but I'm not even talking 306 gear...That's sooo much worse.

Those that do any crafting at all are likely mostly doing it for conquest rewards...which with the changes coming....

Next 16 pages of rant deleted...no one would read them anyway lol.

thats how rng works, sometimes you are lucky and sometimes not, in time it all evens out

if its any solace, the profit margins are really small

Doesn't change the fact it's a trash system. Discourages most players from bothering due to the high costs and large chance of loss. A monkey could design better.

If your not going to try and learn the schematics, no point in crafting. It's not about selling and making profit of GTN. I'd just sell Embers and mats if I was just interested in $$.

Edited by DragonSire