Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malgus after Onslaught. !(Spoilers allowed!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Malgus after Onslaught. !(Spoilers allowed!)

LanceDefender
11.18.2019 , 02:26 PM | #1
Yes, I know there were post about it, but would like to create another with few questions.

1. What do you think will Malgus do in next story patches?
2. How do you think why and for what purpose Malgus wanted ships and a droid at the end of Onslaught?
Just to escape, to prepere revenge or something entirely different?
3. Am I only one that would love to make Malgus a new Emperor of Empire? Do you think it will be possible?

FlameYOL
11.18.2019 , 02:57 PM | #2
I think we're heading for another Sith civil war.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

rashencyberspeed
11.18.2019 , 02:59 PM | #3
It's pretty obvious to me that Malgus is going to be the Big Bad of the current story. He obviously has his own agenda separate from Acina/Vowrawn, and he will likely end up as an enemy to both the Republic and the Empire.

LanceDefender
11.18.2019 , 03:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
It's pretty obvious to me that Malgus is going to be the Big Bad of the current story. He obviously has his own agenda separate from Acina/Vowrawn, and he will likely end up as an enemy to both the Republic and the Empire.
Again? Please no!!!!
Can we finally get an option to join him? He is awesome character and I don't want to kill him again.

Minzurion
11.18.2019 , 07:50 PM | #5
My guess is for the four possible ways:

Loyal to the Empire: You will either help Malgus defeat Acina/Vowrawn or kill him
Saboteur of the Empire: Malgus finds out (somehow) that you were working for the Republic and you have to kill him. Despite the rescue of Acina/Vowrawn. You are exiled and can no longer enter Empire territory.

Loyal to the Republic: Malgus is the new Emperor. Deal with it.
Saboteur of the Republic: Malgus is the new Emperor, thanks to you. He makes that official so you are now Republics Most Wanted. You can't enter Republic territory without being shot at.
Click this referal link. For 7 days subscription.
Read the Referal infos.
May The Force Be With You!

SerraShar
11.19.2019 , 12:10 AM | #6
the way Onslaught end, it suggest that he was biding his time and escape from Acina controle .

So two things come to mind :

1) He maybe trying to reach the original Body of the emprore and this *weapon* and take the power for himself . Cose as he is..he has no chance against the 'Outlander'' and the Empire .

2) That damn robot thats cryptic like hell . Anyone think, he is behind it with the help..of whats his name ? That guy you supposedly kill in Revan FP ? He got a scare on his face and all ? (well true we killed that idiot, but I do recall the droid, seem like its the same droid) . (also, if Malgus didnt die, maybe that idiot didnt either, or Maybe Jadus is behind the droid ?)

Personally I don't want to join him, I want to kill him and for him to stay dead for good lol

I mean if you think he is cool and awesome, fair enough . I never though much of him . Marr was better to me, he was impressive in comparaison to Malgus . And his coup d'teta on Ilum (while I agree with his philosophy) , the timing stink!!!!! and 'Join him'' to me mean I become a side kick . Forget it, I aint nobody side kick! I have had it, with the poor Sith Lord always having someone on top to boss us . I wanna Boss someone for once!
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

LanceDefender
11.19.2019 , 06:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Minzurion View Post

Loyal to the Empire: You will either help Malgus defeat Acina/Vowrawn or kill him
Saboteur of the Empire: Malgus finds out (somehow) that you were working for the Republic and you have to kill him. Despite the rescue of Acina/Vowrawn. You are exiled and can no longer enter Empire territory.
I like that idea very much my friend and I hope for.

Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
the way Onslaught end, it suggest that he was biding his time and escape from Acina controle .

So two things come to mind :

1) He maybe trying to reach the original Body of the emprore and this *weapon* and take the power for himself . Cose as he is..he has no chance against the 'Outlander'' and the Empire .

2) That damn robot thats cryptic like hell . Anyone think, he is behind it with the help..of whats his name ? That guy you supposedly kill in Revan FP ? He got a scare on his face and all ? (well true we killed that idiot, but I do recall the droid, seem like its the same droid) . (also, if Malgus didnt die, maybe that idiot didnt either, or Maybe Jadus is behind the droid ?)

Personally I don't want to join him, I want to kill him and for him to stay dead for good lol

I mean if you think he is cool and awesome, fair enough . I never though much of him . Marr was better to me, he was impressive in comparaison to Malgus . And his coup d'teta on Ilum (while I agree with his philosophy) , the timing stink!!!!! and 'Join him'' to me mean I become a side kick . Forget it, I aint nobody side kick! I have had it, with the poor Sith Lord always having someone on top to boss us . I wanna Boss someone for once!
For me best sith in swtor are/were Marr, Malgus, Jadus and even Acina and Vovrawn as well.
I think that reviving such important and recognizable character for only two (short and not so much story impacting for future, I would say JUS and Onslaught should be recognized as prelude) expansions and then simply killing him wouldn't be only a waste of potential, but waste of limited Bioware resources.
Of course, option to kill him is acceptable, but forcing to do it would be even worse that Kotfet story.

SerraShar
11.19.2019 , 06:48 AM | #8
Quote:
For me best sith in swtor are/were Marr, Malgus, Jadus and even Acina and Vovrawn as well.
I think that reviving such important and recognizable character for only two (short and not so much story impacting for future, I would say JUS and Onslaught should be recognized as prelude) expansions and then simply killing him wouldn't be only a waste of potential, but waste of limited Bioware resources.
Of course, option to kill him is acceptable, but forcing to do it would be even worse that Kotfet story.
There is also Darth Lachrys . I mean, sure she get killed on the repb side by a butthurt Twilek lol but for shame, I loved her . I would've loved to see her on the dark council .

If its any consolation, I rather deal with malgus then Valk again . I hate Valk!

But something tell me they brough him back to just play bait for Valk return. I'm hoping I'm wrong on this . Cose, like I said...while I never cared for Malgus....He was the dude I always saw when I wanted to do FP . And I hate to see him die in a stupid way like Marr did.......come on BW! You can do better then that !!!!
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

banimoka
11.23.2019 , 01:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Minzurion View Post

Loyal to the Republic: Malgus is the new Emperor. Deal with it.
Saboteur of the Republic: Malgus is the new Emperor, thanks to you. He makes that official so you are now Republics Most Wanted. You can't enter Republic territory without being shot at.
- i want to see something like this where your choice has impact on the story like other bioware games ( *cough* mass effect *cough* )
* give Dual Specialization ( with saved Keybinds / Action Bars / Utility Points )
* give Vaylin ( Light Side Sith Sorcerer / Dark Side Sith Warrior )

myrdinn
11.25.2019 , 02:37 PM | #10
I bet he dies forgotten in some out of the way place... trying to kill whatever it is growing out of the old Emperor's Final Weapon/Mass Mind.

He has let hate rule his life too long, and really... he glowers about the new Empire, but it is not his. Now, focusing on the old Emperor (whom he also hated/admired) and dying in an out of way, almost missed place by the Players? That ends him for the final time. Or ends him as a zombie.

Remember Darth Sion? His final fall? Wherein he realized that his life of pain and rage was one of dependence and not strength?
That is where Darth Malgus is heading, and has been heading since he killed of his Twi lover.