Can SM Denova be done in augmented war hero?

Certain persons in my guild say I'm not geared enough for denova. Yet I'm in full augmented war hero with the campaign relic from the dailies. Every slot is war hero except I'm using the rakata belt and bracers as offpieces. I lose stats when I equip my rakata pieces actually(I have a full main set of rakata as well minus the head slot). So, can a dps in full augmented war hero do story mode denova?

For story mode that should be fine. If you are unsure check your WH stats against Columi and see if you get the same. Since 1.2 they changed the way that stats are distributed among mods in PvP gear. BM basically used be Rakata with slightly less End + Primary and some expertise. Now you get a lot less end + primary and more expertise. The fact your gear is augmented might offset this loss or it might not, I don't PvP so I don't know the stats. When testing 1.3 on PTS we were doing Lost Island on HM with a nearly full rakata scoundrel healer and a tank in full BM/WH and the healer couldn't keep him alive against the Shaclaw boss before you get to the droid, so my feeling is no.

I have all Orange gear on my Commando. Wrists/Belt also fully modded with at least 58's. My gear is augmented with Aim/End 22's. I reach a tid bit under 2200 Aim buffed and stimmed 75% surge 35% crit, 99.8% acc and 580 pwr. To say im not ready for a Denova run would only be an insult upon yourself. I run SWMonitor for dps and have never lost one OP in total dps or Boss fights in general.

If you where talking about still having your PvP armorings in your gear then its a bit worse. The Mod/Enhancement are great 61's but the Armorings are poor stat wise for PvE. Just swap them out for your Columni or Rakata equivilant Armorings and you shoudl be set.

I miss out on an extra 15%crit chance to my Grav round from my Rakata 2 piece set but I find myself using it less and critting just as often. Full augmented is the way to go. Also when your able to get Black Hole gear or Campaign, find the ones with the best mods and max out your augmented even more. This is better than just using that certain piece.

I have all Orange gear on my Commando. Wrists/Belt also fully modded with at least 58's. My gear is augmented with Aim/End 22's. I reach a tid bit under 2200 Aim buffed and stimmed 75% surge 35% crit, 99.8% acc and 580 pwr. To say im not ready for a Denova run would only be an insult upon yourself. I run SWMonitor for dps and have never lost one OP in total dps or Boss fights in general.

If you where talking about still having your PvP armorings in your gear then its a bit worse. The Mod/Enhancement are great 61's but the Armorings are poor stat wise for PvE. Just swap them out for your Columni or Rakata equivilant Armorings and you shoudl be set.

I miss out on an extra 15%crit chance to my Grav round from my Rakata 2 piece set but I find myself using it less and critting just as often. Full augmented is the way to go. Also when your able to get Black Hole gear or Campaign, find the ones with the best mods and max out your augmented even more. This is better than just using that certain piece.

hmm thats what I was thinking. Either certain people in my guild don't know what they're talking about, or have some kind of grudge against me and don't want me to come.

What you have to remember though is Denova is completely different in SM than KP or EV are. Below is a comparison between WH Weaponmaster Vs. Columi Weaponmaster

WH

Armor 673

Strength 87 (105 assuming augment)

Endurance 111 (123 assuming augment)

Expertise 110 (Irrelevant)

Critical 61

Surge 53

Columi

Armor 627

Strength 93

Endurance 116

Power 53 (replace with crit)

Accuracy 48 (replace with surge)

So overall augmented warhero is better than unaugmented columi.

Edited by MaliksKid

Yes WH augmented is better than columi, but better than properly itemised rakata? I highly doubt it.

Also those pvp set bonuses? once again on the whole the Pve ones tend to be better at sustained damage.

At no point has the OP said whether or not hes a dps. I wouldnt take a pvp geared tank or healer any quicker than i'd take a dps.

Dunno why, I just assumed DPS lol.

Still, on my Shadow I made myself a full set of Battlemaster Force Master augmented gear and the filled it with Rakata and columi mods. You shouldn't be going to Denova really until you've at least gone through EV and KP once and picked up some Columi.

First Op I ever did was 16SM Denova in a mix of aug'd BM/WH.

Of course I got pulled along a bit, and wasn't running a parser so I don't know what my HPS was, but I made it.

/should add that the Campaign Mainhand (no augment) is a very small upgrade over an Augmented War Hero Mainhand....I just got mine tonight, so I'd know. I did 16HM with WH, and afterwards at the vendor realized that the Campaign weapon gave me like +24 end, +4 power, +30 crit, -8 aim, something like that. Not a huge deal in the big picture.

Edited by jjmartin

Story mode Denova is all about execution and personal ability with gear helping to make things easier. Once you figure it all out it becomes another time to have fun and goof around.

If your guild already knows how to do it and you can follow directions, well there won't be an issue.

If however your guild is still struggling to learn how to do the bosses I can understand why they may be a little hesitant to bring you along. If you don't normally do operations with them and they are unsure of how you perform, asking them to test you in denova may be a little... harsh. Especially since it sounds like you haven't done it before. Nightmare KP is around as hard as Storymode Denova, just something to think about. Either way, make sure you look up the fights and watch how they are done (yes I know you can go in there and experiment, but asking a group to bring along a new person who has no idea how to do the fights is wasting their time as well.)

Can SM Denova be done in Augmented War Hero?

Firstly, yes.

Secondly, it would be really hard. Try and get some Rakata from doing HM EV. A Rakata Augmented-War Hero mix should be able to do Story EC with moderate difficulty. You could just go straight to Story EC, but you'd just be making it harder on yourselves.

I've seen Story EV and KP done with a full recruit 8 man. I've seen HM EV and HM KP done in a BattleMaster Recruit mix, but both times it was highly skilled players succeeding, despite, not because of their gear.'

My suggestion again is go and do HM EV, then do Story EC after some of your group has gotten some Rakata. HM EV should only take you at most 90 minutes - if it takes longer I'd actually advise against attempting Story EC just yet.

Assuming you've done a bit of itemizing augmented WH rivals rakata easy and you're not holding anyone back in SM EC. The only real difference is the armoring slot so you'll lose some main stat and end there. Augments close that gap. With 1.3 and augments for everything augmented rakata will beat you handily but unless they make EC harder you'll be fine. Edited by Tatebomb

The important thing about gear isn't what it calls itself (WH/rakata/whatever) but what its actual stats are. So tell us, what are your stats like in your augmented WH gear? Main stat, bonus damage, crit, multiplier, etc, others if you're not dps.

And you can always compare that with what the equivalents in your guild have and see if they still think you're undergeared compared to them or what.

The name of the gear isn't important, or whether people think its only for PvP or PvE, whats important is what stats it gives you!

Well using http://swtor.askmrrobot.com I compared WH (no augments) with Rakata (Campaign main weapon) Master sets for sith sorcerer and here's what I got

Diff		Rakata	WH [augmented]
[b][u]Primary[/u][/b]			
Strength			0		105		105
Presence			0		225		225
Aim				0		52.5		52.5
Cunning			0		52.5		52.5
Endurance		[color="Red"]-79.8[/color]	1592	1512.2
Willpower		[color="Red"]-146.5[/color]	1458	1311.5
[b][u]Secondary[/u][/b]
Power			[color="Lime"]151[/color]		107		258
Accuracy		0		0		0
Alacrity			[color="Red"]-151[/color]		363		212
Crit				[color="Red"]-191[/color]		556		365
Surge			[color="Lime"]165[/color]		153		318
Defense			0		0		0
Shield			0		0		0
Absorb			0		0		0
[b][u]Melee[/u][/b]
Damage (Pri)		[color="Lime"]26.8[/color]		368.6 - 530.6		408.4 - 570.4
Bonus Damage	[color="Lime"]39.8[/color]		44.6		84.4
Accuracy		0		90.00%	90.00%
Critical Chance	[color="Lime"]0.71%[/color]	22.82%	23.53%
Critical Multiplier	[color="Lime"]7.45%[/color]	68.32%	75.77%
[b][u]Force[/u][/b]
Bonus Damage	[color="Lime"]45[/color]		606.2	651.2
Bonus Healing		[color="Lime"]33.3[/color]		436.7	470
Accuracy		0.00%	100.00%	100.00%
Critical Chance	[color="Red"]-0.15%[/color]	31.82%	31.67%
Force Regen Rate	0		8/s		8/s
Activation Speed	[color="Red"]-3.92%[/color]	10.82%	6.90%
[b][u]Defense[/u][/b]
Health			[color="Red"]-758[/color]		18420	17662
Armor Rating		[color="Lime"]105[/color]		2508	2613
Damage Reduction	[color="Lime"]0.63%[/color]	18.85%	19.48%
Defense Chance	0.00%	5.00%	5.00%
Shield Chance		0.00%	0.00%	0.00%
Shield Absorption	0.00%	0.00%	0.00%

The PVP stats are omitted as there's no question there. For PVE, the above suggests that WH is at least as good as Rakata. Since WH I used for the comparison does not have any augments these stats should be more-or-less preserved after 1.3.

Edited by Thanatus
fixed the non-primary stats

Why does your Sorc have more STR, AIM, and Cunning in War Hero than Rakata? (My guess would be you have class buffs on for WH but not for Rakata. You probably want to update the numbers accordingly. ;)) Edited by CitizenFry

Why does your Sorc have more STR, AIM, and Cunning in War Hero than Rakata? (My guess would be you have class buffs on for WH but not for Rakata. You probably want to update the numbers accordingly. ;))

sorry, copied those incorrectly from excel :D

Well using http://swtor.askmrrobot.com I compared WH (no augments) with Rakata (Campaign main weapon) Master sets for sith sorcerer and here's what I got

Diff		Rakata	WH [augmented]
[b][u]Primary[/u][/b]			
Strength			0		105		105
Presence			0		225		225
Aim				0		52.5		52.5
Cunning			0		52.5		52.5
Endurance		[color="Red"]-79.8[/color]	1592	1512.2
Willpower		[color="Red"]-146.5[/color]	1458	1311.5
[b][u]Secondary[/u][/b]
Power			[color="Lime"]151[/color]		107		258
Accuracy		0		0		0
Alacrity			[color="Red"]-151[/color]		363		212
Crit				[color="Red"]-191[/color]		556		365
Surge			[color="Lime"]165[/color]		153		318
Defense			0		0		0
Shield			0		0		0
Absorb			0		0		0
[b][u]Melee[/u][/b]
Damage (Pri)		[color="Lime"]26.8[/color]		368.6 - 530.6		408.4 - 570.4
Bonus Damage	[color="Lime"]39.8[/color]		44.6		84.4
Accuracy		0		90.00%	90.00%
Critical Chance	[color="Lime"]0.71%[/color]	22.82%	23.53%
[b][u]Force[/u][/b]
Bonus Damage	[color="Lime"]45[/color]		606.2	651.2
Bonus Healing		[color="Lime"]33.3[/color]		436.7	470
Accuracy		0.00%	100.00%	100.00%
Critical Chance	[color="Red"]-0.15%[/color]	31.82%	31.67%
Force Regen Rate	0		8/s		8/s
Activation Speed	[color="Red"]-3.92%[/color]	10.82%	6.90%
[b][u]Defense[/u][/b]
Health			[color="Red"]-758[/color]		18420	17662
Armor Rating		[color="Lime"]105[/color]		2508	2613
Damage Reduction	[color="Lime"]0.63%[/color]	18.85%	19.48%
Defense Chance	0.00%	5.00%	5.00%
Shield Chance		0.00%	0.00%	0.00%
Shield Absorption	0.00%	0.00%	0.00%

The PVP stats are omitted as there's no question there. For PVE, the above suggests that WH is at least as good as Rakata. Since WH I used for the comparison does not have any augments these stats should be more-or-less preserved after 1.3.

You have 191 less crit rating, and 146 less willpower and the crit chances are nearly identical? I guess you're that close to the DR limit?

And fractional main stats?

Seems odd.

Edited by Infalliable

If your group can't do Story Mode EC in Columi or above they're doing it wrong. Augmented WH properly itemized would at least as good as Rakata properly itemized outside of maybe set bonuses depending on class. You'd be fine in HM with Properly itemized WH with augments.

Edit: Spelling error >_< I r derpz

Edited by Baconmonster

You have 191 less crit rating, and 146 less willpower and the crit chances are nearly identical? I guess you're that close to the DR limit?

And fractional main stats?

Seems odd.

Yes. Rakata gear is poorly itemized (surprise!) and 556 is way too much critical, WAY too much.

The other night a Guildie was trying to heal for these 3 guys in PvP gear trying to do HM Last Emperor, they spent over 4 hrs in there and these pvp player kept complaining about how hard Bioware made the instance....

Moral of the story, don't PvE in PvP gear...

Edited by Monoth