Genuine question - how on earth are you level 50?

AVFCLuke

Still now I'm amazed at how many level 50's there are. I just don't get it? I've been focusing so much on every aspect available to me and what the game has to offer; reading dialogue through quests, spaceship battles, flash points, crew skills etc etc.

I am enjoying my game, just interested on how people leveled up so quickly?

Lets see i have a full time job, wife (no kids) I had 2 small vacations 4 days each, i did not spacebar dialogs (outside few and between cases when people waited for me to do heroics) I did every FP on the way to 50, i did every HM flashpoint at 50. I did all lvl 50 quests, i cleared the raid content on normal... How are YOU not 50 again?

Still now I'm amazed at how many level 50's there are. I just don't get it? I've been focusing so much on every aspect available to me and what the game has to offer; reading dialogue through quests, spaceship battles, flash points, crew skills etc etc.

I work my *** off and hadn't had a vacation in 2 years, so I took a 3 week vacation from early game access through the 2nd of January.

Grouping actually helps, you know. You get a quest, you go there, you kill everything that stands in your way, and go to the next quest. No need to search for parties, just go. You can easily do heroics. You meet people. Get in a guild, have people for flashpoints.

Way easier than just soloing.

Edited by _Flin_

Option 1: They spacebared every convo, because they wanted to be first.

Option 2: They spacebared every convo, because they were in beta and have already done everything.

Option 3: They played 24/7 and turned into zombies.

Edit: I'm just pointing out that some people did do that and this is by no means a complete list. I don't hate 50's and I have nothing against them.

Edited by dosadnik

People who played in the Beta longer than most who played in open Beta's know their way around. Chances are they already heard and read most of the quests and just blasted through it.

Then there are those who don't really care and want to blast past everyone and then pick up after the fact.

Oh, and then there are those who played in the early head start and got the max time of 7 days.

Lots of ways to hit 50 reasonably quick that doesn't involve lack of showers, sex, outside activities, or other fun or fancy things. Not everyone who is 50 today blasted through.

I had to take 2 weeks off from my manager since i had to many free days standing. Also my girlfriend couldn't get off since they had alot of work , so i was home alone for 2 weeks most of the days. I made 15 hours runs a day. Really helps. I did read 80% of the dialogue's to be fair.

I'm 47 and 4 guys in my guild have been 50 for over a week. I very rarely spacebar.

I run every quest, PvP some, and do what space battles aren't grey. My 3 crew skills are all 400. Well I dumped Slicing because it's worthless and picked up Underworld again so I'm actually only about 200 there. I also craft and sell crap on the GTN.

It isn't overly difficult to get to 50 if you have the time.

Option 1: They spacebared every convo, because they wanted to be first.

Option 2: They spacebared every convo, because they were in beta and have already done everything.

Option 3: They played 24/7 and turned into zombies.

Neither. It's been two weeks. That is more than enough.

No, I did not spacebar an singe dialogue. More to that, I even played some dialogues several times. Completed all world questlines, most (I assume I could have missed some) side quests, been to flashpoints, colected all datacrons on every planet up to Taris..

I'm not 50 yet. I'm 47. And I play for around 5 hours a day. Also I'm a zombie and I find you post offensive.

Many people had the opportunity to play during some or multiple beta's and ended up playing the same calss they did during the beta. You can run down quests and get things done MUCH faster when you already know where to go.

So people (like myself ) have a lot of time to game.

Some are motivated to get world first raid kills.

Some people played the game with a friend. (this makes getting quests done substantially faster) and also completed many or all of the group quests which generate good xp and gear.

1 word - addiction

because its that good

i got in 2 days into early access, had a week off work between xmas and new years (though spent most that time with family). spent a lot of time doing fp dalies, have yet to do any pvp or space, skipped bonus series for 2-4 planets, hit fifty at begning of belsavis.

i do not think that flashpoints or world bosses helped me lvl at all, but i would sometimes camp at an orbital station quest giver at the very begning of a planet and wait for soemoen to group with and we could clear a whole planet in 4-6 hours. much quicker than solo, esp for a healer.

what i did in beta, where i lvled really quickly is just do class,planet main, flashpoints, bonus, space and join up with ppl for heroics (dont camp while geting group, quest)... i had to grind xp a lil when i hit belsavis (rep.) and didnt start doing side quests til i was lvl 42 or so... then i found someone cool to share missions with for the rest of the game.

think i was one of the first 10 to hit 50 on the cosmic turbine beta server on the rep side. sawbones scoundrel.

Lets see i have a full time job, wife (no kids) I had 2 small vacations 4 days each, i did not spacebar dialogs (outside few and between cases when people waited for me to do heroics) I did every FP on the way to 50, i did every HM flashpoint at 50. I did all lvl 50 quests, i cleared the raid content on normal... How are YOU not 50 again?

Lets assume during your vacation you spent an average of 10 hrs a day on Swtor. with 8 days, that's about 80 hours.

A casual player who hasn't taken any vacation time may get an average of 2 hrs a day (if that), and few extra hours on weekends. Lets assume 2hrs a day, 5 days a week and 10hrs on weekend (both days). That's 20 hrs a week on the game.

With that consideration, it's not unreasonable that a casual person can take at least 4 weeks to get to 50.

These are just reasonable guesstimates as an example.

Dinged lvl 5 in < 5 days played with 3 professions maxed. Did no PVP, did classquest, normal quests, most bonus series, and all space quests and a lot of idling and GTN on fleet. I spacebared MOST dialog (none of class, none of EPIC missions).

Was fast, should've and could've done it in 4 or less me thinks.

Edited by GoldPush

Dinged lvl 5 in < 5 days played with 3 professions maxed. Did no PVP, did classquest, normal quests, most bonus series, and all space quests and a lot of idling and GTN on fleet.

Was fast, should've and could've done it in 4 or less me thinks.

Well, that's an achievement. Congratulations.

/sarcasm

Edit: Read your post again you'll know what I mean when you do.

Edited by dosadnik