Let's change up the pace here. Most underpowered, less played spec in the game?

cycao

Unless you're completely oblivious to the forums (not smart) you should know that the hot topic a few, seldom played specs have received buffs and they're vengeance, bodyguard and of course operatives. I think it would be safe to say that these specs were needing some attention and now that they have gotten some what are other specs which are terribly underperforming?

Believe it or not balance its starting to get to a point where I didn't think it would be possible as more and more specs are being made viable (not including ranked here as it IS still early to tell if the recent buffs are enough to have these 3 specs able to work themselves into arenas).

Please lets not make this into a X class/spec is OP as this is a legit thread trying to draw attention to seldom played specs.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though it received a pretty decent buff, commando/merc heals still aren't where they should be imo. They're still way too easy to shutdown and the few abilities we have to counteract that are both on two minute cooldowns.

Otherwise Watchman Sentinels and Balance Shadows aren't that common in pvp. (Although I love Watchman on my sentinel. Datleap)

Even though it received a pretty decent buff, commando/merc heals still aren't where they should be imo. They're still way too easy to shutdown and the few abilities we have to counteract that are both on two minute cooldowns.

I agree while the changes are quite nice.. and the single target healing burst has always been amaze.. They def take more effort to heal with in pvp then operative or even sorc. Such LOS issues during long casts and such.. at least on a sorc or operative you get get some heals on the guy before he LOS's you like a n00b :p

As a stealth class (Infiltration Shadow) I have the least trouble with Lightning Sorcerers and Vengeance Juggernauts.

For Vengeance in particular, their spec is built around the leap and if they can't get that initial jump off they're pretty much sitting ducks. Easiest class in the game to kite, IMO.

However, in the hands of a competent player, they can be a nightmare. There's one famous Ven Jugg in particular. I faced him in a warzone, but I swear he used Saber Reflect twice within the span of 20 seconds. Don't want to make unfounded accusations, but it was blatantly obvious. As I mained a Vigilance Guardian for a while, I know there's no reset on that ability.

Still, good Vig/Ven players are rare and tend to take people by surprise when they show up.

watchman sentinel/anni mara.

madness sin/balance shadow.

These two specs def came to my mind first.

As a stealth class (Infiltration Shadow) I have the least trouble with Lightning Sorcerers and Vengeance Juggernauts.

For Vengeance in particular, their spec is built around the leap and if they can't get that initial jump off they're pretty much sitting ducks. Easiest class in the game to kite, IMO.

However, in the hands of a competent player, they can be a nightmare. There's one famous Ven Jugg in particular. I faced him in a warzone, but I swear he used Saber Reflect twice within the span of 20 seconds. Don't want to make unfounded accusations, but it was blatantly obvious. As I mained a Vigilance Guardian for a while, I know there's no reset on that ability.

Still, good Vig/Ven players are rare and tend to take people by surprise when they show up.

The great thing about veng jugs is even if a stealth opens up on you there is still the chance to start your main rotation via push. Not saying it's always going to be an option but that's what is great about PvP which is creating something out of nothing.

TK Sage / Lightning Sorc. I love the animations, hate the easily interruptible casting. I think balance / madness are pretty decent.

Yeah I honestly have not really touched my sorc since I got him to 55 but as I have been an avid madness sin I agree that is the spec of choice for sorcs. I feel that the damage is there for lighting but as arsenal it is truly subjective to interrupts.

Bee Tee Dubs providing examples or more in depth feedback is more than welcome in this discussion.

anni mara, madness sin, heal sorc, tank pt, leth op all should be buffed next patch.

Lethality is good, damage-wise, quadruple cull usually melts people. They just need a survivability buff, same as concealment. Although, I'd be okay with lethality having more survivability than concealment, since they're not as reliant on stealth.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

healy sorcs

^^the one underpowered spec that received no love at all, as only DPS sorcs got the pushback protection buffs...apparently healy sorcs are still too busy making them pay with their non-existent CC to h2f

seeing how much better off they are than mercs/mandos for healing (pve gods as well), I can't stir up much pity for sorc heals. of course, you can't bring anything but you know what into arenas. so we have a common complaint. but that's another story. :)

Edited by foxmob

Lethality is good, damage-wise, quadruple cull usually melts people. They just need a survivability buff, same as concealment. Although, I'd be okay with lethality having more survivability than concealment, since they're not as reliant on stealth.

Agreed. Buff defense screen talent and move evasion CD lowering talent from heals to leth tree.

I just deleted my 55 lethality op it sucks so bad not woth the character slot and frustration