Willpower vs Power Augments

Farewellfire

Unlettered mods / enhancements. Power > willpower in the guts. Wp augments.

Besides, 2.0 brings all new stat priorities. Just wait to read more about what's coming.

inaccurate, 14 willpower augment also increases critical chance by a good one percentage.

Here's a chart that you can play around with. Left is BiS with power augments instead of willpower augements, right is the exact opposite.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkNtAK3jzVCgdF81djktV2hDTy1nakZhTy1qeEdydHc&usp=sharing#gid=0

In 2.0 critical rating got a huge nerf so you might be correct about power being better than willpower augs. As it is, however, always go with willpower augs over power.

• 1 month later...

So lets see how much of a bonus power will give you per point:

As far as I know the below values have not changed:

1 WP will give you +0.2 force bonus damage and +0.14 healing bonus.

1 Power will give you +0.23. force bonus and +0.17 healing bonus.

Tanking into account the 5% buff from Force Valor:

1 WP will give +0.21 force bonus damage and 0.147 healing bonus.

WP will also give you a bonus to your crit rate.

Using only power Augments (+32 power) will net you a plus of 8.96 bonus damage and +10.30 bonus healing over WP augments. So for healing it's more effective than for damage.

On the other hand you will loose some crit rating, wich you may have to compensate by using crit mods/enhancements with their diminishing return. What suits you best depends on what you need for your build. If for example you need crits for procs, any bonus the bonus coming from WP augments might be welcome to you.

Regarding mods/enhancements:

On none lettered mods (main stat)+(secondary stat) are >> then on lettered mods. Endurance is lowest.

Same for none lettered enhancements (secondary stat) + (tertiary stat) are >> then on lettered enhancements.

As we don't need to push endurance but always want the maximum of the other stats, the none lettered ones will be optimal.

With the prices of augments as they are, unless you are Gates best is to go with what you can craft. Till now WP > Power for the reasons explained above (vanarion's post explains this nicely) 1% crit > 9 damage bonus. With 2.0 and the strong diminishing returns of crit it reamains to be seen. Although the differences are pretty marginal which brings up back to what you can craft if you can't afford them from gtn. Edited by MusicRider

are numbers accurate? last time I checked, 1 mainstat = 0,0065% crit so +32 augment = 0.2% extra crit chance (by that logic, 14 augments = extra 2.8% crit)

Yes, but crit is on a curve.

So when you already have 3000 mainstat - adding 14 mainstat augments is only about 1.05% crit bonus.

That being said, mainstat aug is better than power still - but just barely - I'm talking like 12 dps better (less than 1 per augment) and that is only because of the buffs to mainstat (sage 6% and the 5% buff).

So lets see how much of a bonus power will give you per point:

As far as I know the below values have not changed:

1 WP will give you +0.2 force bonus damage and +0.14 healing bonus.

1 Power will give you +0.23. force bonus and +0.17 healing bonus.

Tanking into account the 5% buff from Force Valor:

1 WP will give +0.21 force bonus damage and 0.147 healing bonus.

WP will also give you a bonus to your crit rate.

Using only power Augments (+32 power) will net you a plus of 8.96 bonus damage and +10.30 bonus healing over WP augments. So for healing it's more effective than for damage.

On the other hand you will loose some crit rating, wich you may have to compensate by using crit mods/enhancements with their diminishing return. What suits you best depends on what you need for your build. If for example you need crits for procs, any bonus the bonus coming from WP augments might be welcome to you.

Regarding mods/enhancements:

On none lettered mods (main stat)+(secondary stat) are >> then on lettered mods. Endurance is lowest.

Same for none lettered enhancements (secondary stat) + (tertiary stat) are >> then on lettered enhancements.

As we don't need to push endurance but always want the maximum of the other stats, the none lettered ones will be optimal.

This is really helpful. Since the kicker is what the expansion has done to crit, what do people recommend for crit rating. What is the difference between regular crit rating and the crit rating under the force tab. I need to get a lot more crit into my newer gear, and want to know what numbers I should be looking for. Then it is about making the decision between WP or Power augments.