Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Limariko
01.28.2019 , 12:52 AM | #8701
Everyone here probably already has it bookmarked but the F*** Yeah Malavai Quinn tumblr's a good one to go for fanworks.
My Referral link for the clicking: http://www.swtor.com/r/p2FZFM

You get stuff, I get stuff. It's a fair deal- Take It!

grania
01.28.2019 , 05:17 AM | #8702
Quote: Originally Posted by Limariko View Post
Everyone here probably already has it bookmarked but the F*** Yeah Malavai Quinn tumblr's a good one to go for fanworks.
I know about it but haven't checked on it in awhile. Thanks for the reminder

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

Sarova
01.28.2019 , 05:52 PM | #8703
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
-edit-
Our new fanart is in the works!
Will it be work safe? Oh wait...that's JennyF's department.
Belated Happy Quinn Day all

For those who are interested I completed Iokath on both a light and dark-sided Warrior for the letters from Quinn in which he mentions Vette being dead. The letter we used to get for a light-warrior has been removed from the game I think its now only available to non-romanced Quinns of dark-side warriors. To test this out, I've made a male Warrior (so the temptation to romance Quinn & not get the letter is removed) to level through and do Iokath again. The things we do for "research" It will be interesting to see (and fraps) his return from a friendship perspective. Since I am the only person in the universe who kills Vette, I haven't been able to Google any letters from Quinn that mention this. When I get there, if a letter arrives, I'll post it.
Fix Vector's Eyes || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Goreshaga
01.29.2019 , 02:55 AM | #8704
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Since I am the only person in the universe who kills Vette
You're not, i always choose Torian over Vette.
Don't know about Quinn's mail though as my only SW who's past KOTET is stuck on the faction choice on Iokath right now, but considering that one is a testing dummy to see the DS choices, i don't really feel like testing DS choices anymore knowing the the next DS choices are killing Quinn and letting Theron die

Sarova
01.29.2019 , 12:53 PM | #8705
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
You're not, i always choose Torian over Vette.
Don't know about Quinn's mail though as my only SW who's past KOTET is stuck on the faction choice on Iokath right now, but considering that one is a testing dummy to see the DS choices, i don't really feel like testing DS choices anymore knowing the the next DS choices are killing Quinn and letting Theron die
This is where being pure darkside on my Warriors went to hell. I can't bring myself to even watch the Quinn death. I watched the Theron death just to see if I could do it on my most recent Warrior and decided nope
Spoiler

The only character I usually love but I went properly darkside on and killed was Aric on my super darkside Inquisitor. If you choose the right options he makes a comment for which the only response is death. I only did this once though - he's mostly too nice to kill. I'm glad I'm not the only won letting Vette die
And since I went slightly off topic: Abs brings us back
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Goreshaga
01.29.2019 , 01:09 PM | #8706
This is where being pure darkside on my Warriors went to hell. I can't bring myself to even watch the Quinn death. I watched the Theron death just to see if I could do it on my most recent Warrior and decided nope
Spoiler

The only character I usually love but I went properly darkside on and killed was Aric on my super darkside Inquisitor. If you choose the right options he makes a comment for which the only response is death. I only did this once though - he's mostly too nice to kill. I'm glad I'm not the only won letting Vette die
And since I went slightly off topic: Abs brings us back
Yeah, that's why that character is taking the dust, if Quinn had a kill option during the Quinncident i'd probably have used it on some of my SW, but something like a decade after the fact, it's utterly stupid, so i really don't feel like doing it. And Theron, well the kill option is stupid as well, and he's my fav, so nope, nope nope, not going to do it. So i guess my pure DS SW will jut take the dust forever now, i don't care, pure DS is somewhat funny on the very firt playtrough, but after that, the pure DS characters look pretty silly.

Never killed Aric, never killed Kaliyo either actually, i never picked the choices that would grant me the option, and even if i don't really like Kaliyo, i think it's better that way.

Well, i don't hate Vette, but i like Torian more than her.
He's my BH's lover while Vette is none of my main character's lover, and a nice Mandalorian who can help you with the other Mandalorians, is somewhat more usefull than a lone Twi'lek, even if she has some usefull skills.
And seeing a vid, where she more or less asked the PC to let Torian die to save her, made the choice easier actually. I'd rather fight with someone ready to sacrifice himself for his friends than with someone who is more likely to sacrifice her friends to save herself...
And i still don't understand why Vette is the default choice for Pub characters. Im playing an honorable BH right now, which makes me take a lot of LS choices, and he always approves, so i don't see her as more LS than him

Nice abs
Does that outfit exists with a full jacket ? (as something you can get easily i mean)

Sarova
01.29.2019 , 02:57 PM | #8707
Never killed Aric, never killed Kaliyo either actually, i never picked the choices that would grant me the option, and even if i don't really like Kaliyo, i think it's better that way.
I have killed Kaliyo because it fit my darkside inquisitor, but I wish I hadn't as the story is better with Kaliyo in it and especially after I ran through with my agent. In the reunion with my agent, Kaliyo just seemed like a very sad mixed up young woman ruining/hurting everything before it gets the chance to ruin/her her. Plus I imagine Kaliyo and Aric becoming close as they eventually have a little love-hate banter.

Well, i don't hate Vette, but i like Torian more than her.
He's my BH's lover while Vette is none of my main character's lover, and a nice Mandalorian who can help you with the other Mandalorians, is somewhat more usefull than a lone Twi'lek, even if she has some usefull skills.
And seeing a vid, where she more or less asked the PC to let Torian die to save her, made the choice easier actually. I'd rather fight with someone ready to sacrifice himself for his friends than with someone who is more likely to sacrifice her friends to save herself...
And i still don't understand why Vette is the default choice for Pub characters. Im playing an honorable BH right now, which makes me take a lot of LS choices, and he always approves, so i don't see her as more LS than him
Vette gets on my last nerve and once I heard she was going to be one of the choices to die, well for me that's her finished every single time. I'm forced to run through the whole of kotet on my republic characters because I have no intention of ever allowing Torian to be auto-dead. I was also annoyed that Vette expects you to sacrifice Torian to save her. I don't like that there was a choice; it seems unnecessary given the story line as Vaylin could have caught Vette and killed her anyway. I think the Devs only added a choice so they could add both Torian and Vette to their list of "companions-consigned-to-the-bin-never-to-be-seen-again-in-future-story-lines" and push new unwanted-bu-favoured-by-devs companions on us which I hate (Anri and Tau can sod off - I thought they were both awful).

Nice abs
Does that outfit exists with a full jacket ? (as something you can get easily i mean)
Unfortunately that abs pic is one of many I found via Google. No-one has been able to work out what that armour set or chest piece is which is a shame as if I knew it would become Quinn's new summer outfit.

And since I've failed again in my duty to stay on the topic of Quinn...the thinker (also not mine, I forget whose).
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Goreshaga
01.29.2019 , 03:16 PM | #8708
I have killed Kaliyo because it fit my darkside inquisitor, but I wish I hadn't as the story is better with Kaliyo in it and especially after I ran through with my agent. In the reunion with my agent, Kaliyo just seemed like a very sad mixed up young woman ruining/hurting everything before it gets the chance to ruin/her her. Plus I imagine Kaliyo and Aric becoming close as they eventually have a little love-hate banter.
KOTFEET actually made me dislike the character less than I originally did, so i don't really feel like I want to kill her. Ashara's AA on the other hand had the exact opposite effect, as I already did not like her very much, and ended up trully hating her (i wish she was one of the choice instead of Torian...)

Quote:
Vette gets on my last nerve and once I heard she was going to be one of the choices to die, well for me that's her finished every single time. I'm forced to run through the whole of kotet on my republic characters because I have no intention of ever allowing Torian to be auto-dead. I was also annoyed that Vette expects you to sacrifice Torian to save her. I don't like that there was a choice; it seems unnecessary given the story line as Vaylin could have caught Vette and killed her anyway. I think the Devs only added a choice so they could add both Torian and Vette to their list of "companions-consigned-to-the-bin-never-to-be-seen-again-in-future-story-lines" and push new unwanted-bu-favoured-by-devs companions on us which I hate (Anri and Tau can sod off - I thought they were both awful).
Same, i'm not going to let Torian die.
Yeah that choice was meh anyways, as no matter which one you choose to save it's the same in the end.
I quite liked Tau, Anri not so much, but as my Imps are all going saboteur i've no intention of becoming friend with her anyways.
And i don't need a flirt option on Tau or Anri, thanks, but my girls are already taken, and my only guy interested in women is as well.
And i'd rather have time with my chars LIs than with brand new characters i don't want to become close to as they'll probably end up the same anyways.

Quote:
Unfortunately that abs pic is one of many I found via Google. No-one has been able to work out what that armour set or chest piece is which is a shame as if I knew it would become Quinn's new summer outfit.
That's sad, i'd probably have used a full version of it (so without the abs showing, i'm not too fond of that kind of outfits) on either Quinn or my IA, but my IA is BT4, so if it's a long jacket, that may not look that great on her.

Quote:
And since I've failed again in my duty to stay on the topic of Quinn...the thinker (also not mine, I forget whose).
Nice one too, he nedds some summer vacations though, he's a bit pale

Lunafox
01.29.2019 , 04:08 PM | #8709
KOTFEET actually made me dislike the character less than I originally did, so i don't really feel like I want to kill her. Ashara's AA on the other hand had the exact opposite effect, as I already did not like her very much, and ended up trully hating her (i wish she was one of the choice instead of Torian...)

I wish that too. I didn't like Ashara to begin with and that developed into a visceral amount of hatred for the character by the time her return came around (which sounds extreme for a pixel person, but something about her irritates me to no end.)

For me, it's a hard choice between Vette and Torian, so I let my characters choose. My SW treated Vette like family, kid sister/friend, so of course, she wasn't going to let her be killed...and she viewed that dying in battle is a thing a Mandalorian would be proud of, so it seemed to work out that way for her. My Nox, well, she's a maneater, so, another buff man to the collection is always welcome, which means, 'Nothing personal, but, bye Vette.' I also think my DS Jedi chose Torian because a warrior is of more value than a tricky girl. Not to underestimate Vette's gifts, but that's just how my DS Jedi thinks.

I'm just glad that sticking with the Imperials allows me to retain my Quinn. <3
💥The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!💥

Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Goreshaga
01.29.2019 , 05:58 PM | #8710
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I wish that too. I didn't like Ashara to begin with and that developed into a visceral amount of hatred for the character by the time her return came around (which sounds extreme for a pixel person, but something about her irritates me to no end.)
Same

Quote:
For me, it's a hard choice between Vette and Torian, so I let my characters choose. My SW treated Vette like family, kid sister/friend, so of course, she wasn't going to let her be killed...and she viewed that dying in battle is a thing a Mandalorian would be proud of, so it seemed to work out that way for her. My Nox, well, she's a maneater, so, another buff man to the collection is always welcome, which means, 'Nothing personal, but, bye Vette.' I also think my DS Jedi chose Torian because a warrior is of more value than a tricky girl. Not to underestimate Vette's gifts, but that's just how my DS Jedi thinks.

I'm just glad that sticking with the Imperials allows me to retain my Quinn. <3
Hm, that's a bit different for me at least for my 8 mains, as i consider them all to be part of the same whole story, and my JK as my canon Outlander, so her important choices impact the story for my other characters.
So when the Vette / Torian choice came for her, she choose Torian because in this case as a fighter and the link between the Mandalorians and the Alliance, the Mando was overall more usefull than the tricky Twi'lek, and well, she did not really want to have the Mando girlfriend turning on her either. Though in my HC, both my SW and BH were sent to try to save Vette too, but arrived too late and failed to save her.

Quinn will be a bit tricky in my case, because I HC that my SW, as my JK Commander's bodyguard was on Iokath as well, so technically Quinn should've asked to join the Alliance, the same way he does when a SW sides with the Republic, but after the Ossus choice, my JK sides again with the Republic, and so i don't know what Quinn would do in that case, even more so considering said SW dumped him after the Quinncident and is now with Arcann.
So i absolutely don't know how he should objectively react there, which is a bit sad, as i think he'd be a great asset to the Alliance.
Poor Quinn, i'd not want to be in his shoes