Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Add Cosmetic Aging

Goreshaga
11.18.2019 , 03:06 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Actually! It's been 14 years, not 8. We start in 10 ATC namely and the current year ingame is 24 ATC. But 14 years is indeed not that much time to add a lot of wrinkles.

That said, it would be nice to have appearance customization options that can add wrinkles to our characters for RP purposes.
Yes but do the 5 years in carbonite count as well ? Do the character still age while frozen in carbonite ?
If not, they're physically 5 years younger than their actual age.

I'd not mind a few appearance options to make characters look older though. I'd probably not use them, but they'd still be there for people who want to.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Ylliarus
11.18.2019 , 03:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Bingo! *This* is the reason for it, not the passage of in-game narrative time.
Aye, but if I recall correctly, the feature of having such an appearance customization option has already been asked for, for years :P perhaps one day we'll finally get it in some new appearance customization pack.

Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Yes but do the 5 years in carbonite count as well ? Do the character still age while frozen in carbonite ?
If not, they're physically 5 years younger than their actual age.

I'd not mind a few appearance options to make characters look older though. I'd probably not use them, but they'd still be there for people who want to.
Well, that's the question, isn't it? Because, if all goes well with carbon freezing then indeed, the person shouldn't have their body aging. However, our characters' carbon freezings were supposedly imperfect (although granted it's Valkorion saying it, so we can fully trust him), which had led to the poisoning we need to be cured of by Lana in chapter 3.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

SteveTheCynic
11.18.2019 , 06:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Aye, but if I recall correctly, the feature of having such an appearance customization option has already been asked for, for years :P perhaps one day we'll finally get it in some new appearance customization pack.
For sure. I've been at least following the forums since 2013, and there have been occasional(1) calls for an age slider of some sort during the whole of that time.

I'd guess that by now, it's on the crazier end of the "wall of crazy" because the crew who built that part of the game are long gone, and the "launch-time" code is known to be a crazy mess of tangled flooflah. But hey, if they find a way to do it without breaking things, sure, go to it!

(1) It's by no means "frequent", but it's not "never" either.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Ylliarus
11.18.2019 , 06:48 AM | #14
Aye, I recall. Tbh, I have campaigned for a Dark Side corruption slider in the past as well, although I have long since abandoned that crusade as it's clear it's unlikely to happen. Luckily, we got the yellow Sith eyes as an appearance customization option. Now, if only those eyes could also be made available to the Twi'lek, I'd be happy as a clam... but what I'm trying to say with that is, that while an age slider seems unlikely, wrinkled appearance customization options might be introduced in the future.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Xina_LA
11.19.2019 , 09:13 AM | #15
I'd like to see some age-related cosmetic options, as well.

I get tired of running around CW world where everyone's in their 20's.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

DarkTergon
11.19.2019 , 10:40 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Bingo! *This* is the reason for it, not the passage of in-game narrative time.
with certain (probably only human, not sure TBH) options, you can make a player look aged, I've a couple who look old, one even looks like one of the npc's on hutta, (that gives you the mission to recover the briefcase). More options, especially for other spieces would be great
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

MigkadeGulseak
11.19.2019 , 10:58 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
I've a couple who look old, one even looks like one of the npc's on hutta,
NPCs having wrinkles instantly tells you that they're older. With players, you would be able to tell the difference between chars who are supposed to have dyed white hair as opposed to chars who are supposed to look older than 20/30ish.
Get Free Stuff (incl. 7-day sub) with my Referral Link!
Here -> http://www.swtor.com/r/PYdbWY