Companions you actually LIKE

psandak

There are tons of threads out there spouting the companions you wish you could kill or never have taken on in the first place, etc.

So, let's change it up. Who are the companions you actually like? Maybe it is one you fell in love with right away or maybe they grew on you as you progressed through their story or maybe it's just the fact that one companion suits your play style of your class particularly well. It does not matter why you like them. Let's feel the love :).

Whenever I think about my various characters' companions, I invariably think about Kira. This is probably because my first character was a JK guardian tank and she best complimented that role until I got Doc, but even after Doc there were times when killing stuff faster was preferable to being invincible. Further I think the romance was great too.

Aric Jorgan is my very favorite companion. I love the grumpy exterior around a heart of gold, the voice, the romance, and how the relationship between the trooper and Jorgan progresses through the game. Plus crap just dies with him around lol.

Lord Scourge - Such an interesting character! Complicated and damn, that voice is just swoon-worthy. He provides a really interesting foil to my LS jk. Would love him as a romance option, but even so, one of my favorites.

Blizz - OMGADORABLE with a rocket launcher. Do I need to say more?

Zenith - Again with the complicated hotness with fabulous voice that's unavailable for a romance option :( Completely ruthless but with laudable goals.

Vector! So sweet! Pretty much the only sane character on the IA ship, lol. Just a rock.

The rest of them that didn't make my "hate them" list or this list fall into the "like" or "don't mind them" category.

There are tons of threads out there spouting the companions you wish you could kill or never have taken on in the first place, etc.

By the way, I could be wrong, but it sounds like you're upset about the "I don't like this companion" type threads. The reason you see so many of them is because having a companion you don't like or who doesn't fit your character is irritating and, beyond that, immersion breaking. Having the game override whether you'd want a character with you or not can be upsetting.

So far, I haven't come across any companions I hate. The only companion that I am not really fond of so far is Skadge. He's just boring and brutish.

I'm absolutely enamored with ever Agent companion except for SCORPIO, which I am just sort of "meh" about, she's cool, just not much to her, yet.

But between the Agent, Smuggler, Consular, and Bounty Hunter, all of which I have gone to 50 with, I am cool with all of them in general. Even the ones my character doesn't really get along with.

I never found a companion to be immersion breaking just because my character does not get along with them. In stories, in reality, there are acquaintances, co-workers, and family that will bug the crap out of you. It would be more immersion-breaking to me if I felt like everyone around me was my soulmate.

Edited by chuixupu

Actually, it's harder for me to describe the companions I don't like. Mostly because I like the majority of them. Takes a lot to get on my "WTH do you think you are, you waste of space on my ship?" list, anyway. I'll narrow it down to my favorite five, then. So in order:

(1) Torian Cadera tops my list. He has a truly impressive sense of honor and dedication. Of all companions, he seems the one who's most centered. This is a guy who knows exactly who he is, what he wants, and how he's going to go about getting it. He's absolutely yummy a character.

(2) Malavai Quinn comes in at a close second. The word I use to describe him is "fascinating". I just think he's the most interesting of the companion characters, from start to finish. He's smart, skilled, tenacious. There's very little about Quinn that I didn't like, in fact.

(3) Vette is just plain adorable. The way my warrior met her was perfection. Every time she talks I think of that initial meeting, "Chirp, chirp, chirp!" I can see her easily fitting into the crazy, hectic world of my Sith warrior, wreaking havoc with just plain awesome humor.

(4) Corso Riggs is the most incredible cowboy of a character. I can easily see him riding bucking brontos for the sheer fun of the effort. That, and he provides the most awesome foil for my smuggler character. He's pure pleasure.

(5) Khem Val makes the list, too. I think of him like he's a fungus. You know, as in, he grows on you. Took a while as he kept threatening to devour my sorcerer, anyway. But there came a point where I sensed that his insulting "Little Sith" was becoming more of a affectionate phrase. That he suffered so much in order to save my sorcerer netted my own consideration. He's awesome.

Just a few, only got far as my Sorc.

Mako and Vette - both cute as a button and generally nice to have around, i always find it hard to be darkside when vette is around.

Kira - More human than most Jedi, also as with Vette and mako she has a nice personality which keeps me from going crazy and killing people.

Khem Val - If you had of asked me a few months ago i would never have said Khem, but as time has gone on and i understand him more he has grown on me.

Ashara Zavros - Same as most of the female companions, she is a little niave though which can be a bit annoying. Yes i'm not a darkside inquisitor but that doesnt make me a jedi.

Talos Drellik - I have a love for history and learning so he was always going to be a favourite of mine, it was nice to get a companion who wasn't a blodthirsty monster, a cold pirate or a naive girl.

Blizz is totally adorable, makes me wish I had a jawa plush toy.

I love how Khem Val is pretty much the 8 foot tall, *** kicking embodiment of the values of the sith empire.

Mako is cool and down to earth, very liekable personality.

Andronikos Revel is a total ******, hes like a blaster-slinging space cowboy and his voice is cool.

I like talos drelik alot because he's a history nerd like me, and one of the few companions in the game that seems like an intillectual type.

1:vette,she is adorable,funny and crazy,she is the complete mirror of my sith jugg.

2:khem val,2 and a half meters tall jedi devouring monster with a surprising sense of humor ("i have a good sabaak face,it was a joke i hate sabaak"),how can you not love him?

3:guss tuno,he heals me with jedi power : D

4:talos,a history nerd with a passion for ancient artifacts?hell yeah!

out of my stories so far:

Scorpio: Droid reminds me of Data from Star Trek, just homicidal which tickles me.

Risha: A princess with more whit than Leia, mmm mmm mmm and hot to boot.

Avaaki: Mando BA chick with a heart of gold. Too bad she couldn't of been in the BH story. Perfect companion for a merc.

Blizz: Need i say more?

Elara Doorne: Get past the regs, you find a woman with NEEDS. Which my trooper is MORE than happy to fill.

Mako: nice and warm to have around but maybe a little less with the Braden.

Blizz: well duh jawa with rockets.

Bowdarr: Wookiee companion

Xalek: loved his dark side personality

Quinn: I still liked him even after what happened.

Out of all classes there's only a handful of people I hate.

Edited by Newyankalt

Vette, irritating sometimes and her goodie nature is a problem, sometimes, altho I like to click her just to hear that I'm insane

Dark Jaesa, pretty much covers my dark apprentice desire and she would be my love interest if not her accident:

she lost her flower with someones else than me

. There should be option to kill her

for sleeping around without my permission.

Jedi Knight:

T-7

Kira

Scourge

Sith Marauder:

Vetta (I'd hit it)

Jaesa (See above)

Pierce

Sith Inquisitor:

Talos Drellik (archaeologists make me swoon)

The rest I've not experienced enough of to judge, but I don't mid Corso, I really like Mako and I really dislike Aric Jorgan.

I love Xalek. Even though i only have a 49 Sorcerer on a separate server from my main characters, he's a great companion.

Just how silent and cold he is with his blank, expressionless bone-face. He's my Kaleeshbro.

And of course, the ultimate master race, HK-51. Every time he speaks my nostalgia goes through the roof.

/obvious HK-47/51 fanboy

Edited by GhostDrone

My biggest two favorites come from Inquisitor who I thought had so far best set of companions.

My favorite would be Ashara Zavros. It is hard to say specific part of why, more like overall picture. She is perhaps most versatile companion of them all.

Talos Drellik -- Another full package liking. Hard to say specific part, but he just is :p

As added bonus I think those two could have many adventures together as they share interests as well as complement each other.

Honorable mentions:

Mako and Gault from BH. I think people too hard on Gault :p

Warrior storyline I liked Vette most, others not so much with Quinn being still clear 2nd (don't know about LS Jaesa).

Agent so far not really impressed with 3 I have met so far. Plenty of time to change that on other hand.

By the way, I could be wrong, but it sounds like you're upset about the "I don't like this companion" type threads. The reason you see so many of them is because having a companion you don't like or who doesn't fit your character is irritating and, beyond that, immersion breaking. Having the game override whether you'd want a character with you or not can be upsetting.

Not really upset about those threads, I wanted to get people's attention :).

3:guss tuno,he heals me with jedi power : D

Guss was one of those companions that grew on me. Every time I had a conversation with him it made me laugh. Only problem was I leveled my smuggler as a healer so Guss's healing ability was not required.

Doc on my JK was like that too in that he made me laugh.

Blizz - OMGADORABLE with a rocket launcher. Do I need to say more?

I could not agree more.

(5) Khem Val makes the list, too. I think of him like he's a fungus. You know, as in, he grows on you. Took a while as he kept threatening to devour my sorcerer, anyway. But there came a point where I sensed that his insulting "Little Sith" was becoming more of a affectionate phrase. That he suffered so much in order to save my sorcerer netted my own consideration. He's awesome.

That's good to hear. I just started my SI.

Edited by psandak

Blizz. Adorable little fella with a big arsenal of guns. He is funny, and cute, and naive, and all this in a good way, not like some suppoused-to-be-funny annoying characters. Here also comes T7-O1. "T7+blasters = enemy sorry!" :rolleyes:

And Gault, my bounty hunter got along with this sly one-horned bastard really good. I damn love his phrases in combat, like "Thank you, thank you, I'll be signing autographs after the smoke clears!".

I also quite like Elara Dorne, "by the book" soldier with a heart of gold. Probably my favorite female companion so far. I don't know why, but her talks about serving in the Imperial military and leaving her family behind are very touching.

Finally, I really enjoyed running around with Doc. I was so tired of playing without a healer companion, so when I got him on Balmorra I already loved him simply for the fact that he could make all the battles much easier for my sentinel. And his romance was really well-written, sometimes he made me laugh, sometimes I nearly wanted to kill him, but it was never boring. Totally worth it © Tali.

Edited by Yria

I've only played through the Consular, Warrior and Agent stories to the end so my list is limited, but from those stories my favorite companions are, in no particular order...

Zenith, Nadia Grell, Vette, Malavai Quinn, Jaesa Wilsaam (LS), Ensign Raina Temple and SCORPIO.

From the stories I haven't played all the way through yet, I've grown to really like T7, Elara Dorne, M1-4X and Mako. :)

I didn't play all classes yet, but from those I know, my favorite companions are :

- Sith Warrior : Vette, Jaesa (LS) and Quinn (wish I could have him on all my characters :))

- Imperial Agent : Vector and Raina Temple (disliked all the others, especially Kaliyo :mad:)

- Sith Inquisitor : Talos, Andronikos and Khem val

- Trooper : Elara and Aric