Commando's don't suck you suck at them. (PvP)

shadowopsx

Ok I've been pondering whether to post this or not due to criticism or trolls or whatever. Anyways i just wanted to prove that as a commando we aren't all bad! This link below is a few games that i chose to highlight this, some of these games were pug ranked and some were normal queues. http://shadowops9mm.imgur.com/all/ Haha cheers all!!

Fusrodah!

Edited by shadowopsx

I don't recall the guy's name, but there was an AS Commando doing some normal games over the weekend that just was amazing. If I understand correctly, b/c I only have a Vanguard, AS spec is harder to play as a Commando b/c of the proc rate.

Maybe it comes down to the player. I don't have a Commando so I can't say.

I have to say Commandos do not suck. They and the Vanguards are some of the toughest to face much like Powertechs and Mercenaries. I finally faced Krackcommando with my Sorcerer tonight in PvP. He held off two of us in Voidstar, killing the Operative and I barely came out of that one. We did this twice, the second time the clock ran out on phase one. We lost that match. lol. Krack is a very skilled player; my hat is off to him. I hope to pick his brain sometime to help me level my own commando sitting on Coruscant.

Wait, an Operative (which should never loose to a commando) and a Sorc (who probably shouldn't lose) just barely scrapped by against a commando. I've solo'd mando's who can break 850k in VS because the class is that weak, that was definitely player error, not some semblance of class balance.

Wait, an Operative (which should never loose to a commando) and a Sorc (who probably shouldn't lose) just barely scrapped by against a commando. I've solo'd mando's who can break 850k in VS because the class is that weak, that was definitely player error, not some semblance of class balance.

Ah so according to whom, you? Ah, that’s right; you are the premier PvP player in the entire world. Ah yes, I'm a baddie. I suck so much that I cannot get out of the way of my own shadow. On top of that, I'm a clicker too! So I'm doubly bad. I'll never be as good as any of you, especially you elitists in Prime Defense, QQ, and LD50.

he's talking about my healer. I'd probably kill you too if you didn't at least cleanse every once in a while. of course, you would probably open from stealth. the op did not.

I have to say Commandos do not suck. They and the Vanguards are some of the toughest to face much like Powertechs and Mercenaries. I finally faced Krackcommando with my Sorcerer tonight in PvP. He held off two of us in Voidstar, killing the Operative and I barely came out of that one. We did this twice, the second time the clock ran out on phase one. We lost that match. lol. Krack is a very skilled player; my hat is off to him. I hope to pick his brain sometime to help me level my own commando sitting on Coruscant.

you were trying to dps a healer with what looked like a lightning spam and a healing operative. I have no idea why the op didn't just stop trying to dps and heal himself...or cleanse himself. I'm not amongst the top 5 combat medics. I might krack the top 10...out of like 15. lol

in any case, I don't think healers is what the "commandos don't suck" thread is all about. grav does suck, btw. your dmg is completely dependent on how good the rest of your team is or how little the other team cares about you. no. positioning is not a skill. it's a prerequisite. assault can require some skill, but it's burst is considerably less than their VG cousin. they are, however, a lot more mobile than gunnery and can dot up a lot of ppl for good numbers in reg.

you were trying to dps a healer with what looked like a lightning spam and a healing operative. I have no idea why the op didn't just stop trying to dps and heal himself...or cleanse himself. I'm not amongst the top 5 combat medics. I might krack the top 10...out of like 15. lol

in any case, I don't think healers is what the "commandos don't suck" thread is all about. grav does suck, btw. your dmg is completely dependent on how good the rest of your team is or how little the other team cares about you. no. positioning is not a skill. it's a prerequisite. assault can require some skill, but it's burst is considerably less than their VG cousin. they are, however, a lot more mobile than gunnery and can dot up a lot of ppl for good numbers in reg.

I cannot answer why the Operative didn't try to heal himself. I know I had to do a few times to stay ahead of the dps you were hitting me. Spamming lightning with my hybrid build, procs up Wrath a lot allowing me to hit with Crushing Darkness and Lightning Strike. Since I cannot stop to do Lightning Storm for Chain Lightning proc in the situation we were in, I have to either spam Lightning or Lightning Strike. Since Force Lightning has no cool down it's easier to get my proc hoping it will lead to gaining a Chain Lightning instant cast. Anyway, I enjoyed our encounter. It is refreshing to fight someone in a WZ 1 v 1 (well there were 2 of us until you finished him off). That was some great work on combating both of us Foxmob.

I cannot answer why the Operative didn't try to heal himself. I know I had to do a few times to stay ahead of the dps you were hitting me. Spamming lightning with my hybrid build, procs up Wrath a lot allowing me to hit with Crushing Darkness and Lightning Strike. Since I cannot stop to do Lightning Storm for Chain Lightning proc in the situation we were in, I have to either spam Lightning or Lightning Strike. Since Force Lightning has no cool down it's easier to get my proc hoping it will lead to gaining a Chain Lightning instant cast. Anyway, I enjoyed our encounter. It is refreshing to fight someone in a WZ 1 v 1 (well there were 2 of us until you finished him off). That was some great work on combating both of us Foxmob.

hmm. don't look for 1v1s like that. it usually bad for your team. and wz's are objective driven. I kept 2 of you occupied for a while. you'd have been better off letting me kill you or jumping off the bridge. you'd have respawned about 200m ahead of me. and I'd have been back by the start of the bridge with my *erm* giant assault cannon in my hand.

1v1s you want to look for usually involve taking nodes from sole guards. best to have the measure of the person before you go in there though. if you can't burn him fast enough, help will come, and you won't get the node.

my only dps was hammer shot (the mando auto attack which also gives me residual heals) and plasma grenade + hib when the former is off cd and I have enough hp to stand there and cast it. in truth, I should never have gotten a grenade off unless I stunned you before I cast it. umm...speaking of interrupts, you want to interrupt a mando's medical probe, but let the advanced med probe go through as it heals for less (unless he's really low and you think you can execute). i will also drop mortor volley on you if you're going to tether yourself to the ground. but...well...if you see a reticule on the ground, move out of it. As a lone lightning spammer, you'll never solo any healer. they can los you for cast heals and burst from one turret takes too long to build up. so I wouldn't bother.

at the end of the day, though, there's no point in going after a lone healer away from an objective. let me be out there. I'm not helping my team. if you chase me, then I'm keeping you and the op from going after doors. I shouldn't have killed the dude at all, but I like the idea of death by hammer shot (weakest attack in the game next to a sage actually using his light saber!)

Edited by foxmob

hmm. don't look for 1v1s like that. it usually bad for your team. and wz's are objective driven. I kept 2 of you occupied for a while. you'd have been better off letting me kill you or jumping off the bridge. you'd have respawned about 200m ahead of me. and I'd have been back by the start of the bridge with my *erm* giant assault cannon in my hand.

1v1s you want to look for usually involve taking nodes from sole guards. best to have the measure of the person before you go in there though. if you can't burn him fast enough, help will come, and you won't get the node.

my only dps was hammer shot (the mando auto attack which also gives me residual heals) and plasma grenade + hib when the former is off cd and I have enough hp to stand there and cast it. in truth, I should never have gotten a grenade off unless I stunned you before I cast it. umm...speaking of interrupts, you want to interrupt a mando's medical probe, but let the advanced med probe go through as it heals for less (unless he's really low and you think you can execute). i will also drop mortor volley on you if you're going to tether yourself to the ground. but...well...if you see a reticule on the ground, move out of it. As a lone lightning spammer, you'll never solo any healer. they can los you for cast heals and burst from one turret takes too long to build up. so I wouldn't bother.

at the end of the day, though, there's no point in going after a lone healer away from an objective. let me be out there. I'm not helping my team. if you chase me, then I'm keeping you and the op from going after doors. I shouldn't have killed the dude at all, but I like the idea of death by hammer shot (weakest attack in the game next to a sage actually using his light saber!)

Of course, you're right about staying with the objective. However, when I saw your toon, I had to give it a try. We were already behind the eight ball anyway as your team had already gotten across and opened the door. Normally I don't stop to engage like that; I just couldn't pass up the chance. Thanks for the insight though, I appreciate it. Hopefully, we can end up on a team sometime. I look forward fighting with you, not just against you. :D

So what you have proved is that commando's can do 500-700 dps? Hmm lets take a look at any other class in all of swtor that can do 1k+ dps....thanks for letting everyone know that commandos do not in fact suck but do 50% + less damage you so pro ^^

In their present state, commando dps are a waste of an ops slot in ranked. They add nothing that the other rdps can't do better. That includes both numbers and more importantly, objectives. For example, a gunslinger hunkered down at mid in huttball can win the game, commandos have no such ability. Any class can succeed in regs, but that's not indicative of their viability in competitive play. I will say though that I've been playing an arsenal merc on the Pts and the class WILL be viable in 2.0 Edited by EnzoForMe

I agree with pretty much everything Caprica just said. When ranked war zones were first implemented we ran a team with 2 commandos and it was never very successful. Even one heals and the other dps we were better off bringing a gunslinger or dare I say a dps sage (friendly pulls). We were fine when faced anything but the best teams, but back then IBG was on top and it was an eye opener. So, I've been "forced" to consider a focus guardian and/or get some tank gear for him to play.

I can still put out solid damage in normals, but the don't bring enough to the table for any ranked and I would say any mando/merc worth their salt in ranked has been heal spec (which I don't do :jawa_frown: .

Edited by Nitromonger

• 2 weeks later...