Guardian PvE DPS

The_FeniX

I looked (and searched for variable terms) all over the forums trying to find a Guardian DPS thread. Everything I've found concerns PvP stats and specs. If I missed something, please point me in the right direction.

Anyway, as OT in my ops group, I've found more than enough times where I've complimented my team better by switching to DPS gear, stacking surge, and relying on (almost) auto-crits in my current Vig Tanking build.

Now I hear dual-specs are coming and I'm looking for a build to maximize my DPS in the Vig tree. I had considered Focus, but I never played with it and don't want to change my general rotation all that much. As it stands, I came up with This Build. Now, I have 2 floating points in this build and I don't know exactly where I want to put them.

Speccing into protector would allow me to help mitigate damage to another party member and myself and give a secondary benefit to guardian leaping then force leaping back on the boss. My other wholly DPS option is to dump both point into "Master Focus" to get Master Strike up as much as possible. I remember doing a bit of reading back in the beta that Master Strike is the core of our sustained DPS in Vig.

Any comments and tips are welcome. If Focus is just flat-out better for PvE, then I would definitely consider a switch. But the numbers (which are hard to show, I know) would have to be substantial as, even as a DPS, I still need to handle adds, etc. So, having those free Force Sweeps is almost a must.

EDIT: I forgot to note that the 2 points in Unremitting are not concrete. I was considering moving them around in the tree, but don't know where.

Edited by The_FeniX

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Master Focus is your best bet because although waiting for the full cast of Master Strike is a DPS loss, letting the first two hits complete (which happen at the start of the animation) and then interrupting Master Strike with another ability is a notable DPS gain.

That is the only reason to take Zen Strike, and Master Focus builds on that concept, leting you use it 2 GCD's earlier in each rotation any time Zen doesn't proc.

Edited by PhoR