What do XP boosts apply to?

istvana

I ask because there is double xp coming up - and we get so many 25% xp boosts as part of the class quests.

Obviously they apply to xp - that is what they are for.

Do they also apply to legacy xp - I would guess yes but I haven't seen anything actually saying so.

Finally do they apply to the command ranks that replace xp after level 70? I know there are boosts from quests and in the store that give bonuses to command points - will the double xp event and the 25% boosts apply to these as well? If not it would be wise not to waste double xp time on any character level 70.

Thanks.

I'm not sure about Legacy, but I believe the amount of Legacy XP relates to the amount of normal XP you get, so with an XP boost, you would probably get more Legacy XP as well.

It's been a while since I reached max Legacy level, so I'm not entirely sure how Legacy XP is calculated.

Regular XP boosts DO NOT apply to CXP post-level 70. You need the Command XP Boost consumables for that.

So then - the double experience event is useless for *character* advancement at level 70 but may be good for advancing legacy levels.

The ubiquitous 25% bonus items (as I recall I had almost 20 of them by the time I finished the class story line through Corelia) also become useless to the character at 70 so might as well be used up almost as soon as one starts getting them since each lasts three hours. Again, with the possible caveat that they may be useful to getting legacy levels even after hitting 70.

By "useless" I deliberately ignore the likelihood of future increases in the level cap.

Thanks for replies.

So then - the double experience event is useless for *character* advancement at level 70 but may be good for advancing legacy levels.

Not sure if I'm understanding your statement here, but the double experience event is also useful for character advancement at level 70 because it is double command experience as well, and there are 300 command levels that follow level 70.

I now have one answer that the boost does not apply to command experience, and one answer that the boost does apply to command experience. On Tuesday maybe I'll be able to see which is correct.

DarkLordSato's answer was that "regular XP boosts", meaning the ones you get given during the class story / buy on the CM-or-GTN do not apply to CXP (for that, you need CXP boosts instead). The *double-XP event* boost has always (er, since CXP became a thing) applied to both XP *and* CXP.

Note that you can get CXP "boost" items as well, either as drops when opening Command Crates, or purchased from a vendor on fleet. They come in +25% and +100% varieties, and they do stack with the "event" CXP bonus. The +25% ones cost 44 Command Tokens + 10k credits, and the +100% ones cost 190 tokens + 50k credits. Edited by Adric_the_Red