Surface Details

TaitWatson

Darth Marr is not involved in any shape or form with Darok or Arkous, nor is he the man behind the curtain.

Where is he then? Activities in Forged Alliance story are kinda important... I can't believe he can miss it. :(

I ONLY HOPE that those little and nicely written articles will not REPLACE the STORY-telling in the game itself. There is no worse situation for the game than having it's contents in a form of written text.

Let me remind you for this type of story- telling (written) we have BOOKS. Yes, they still exist.

(it's not a complaint - it's merely a thought of where SWTOR might go, if things go wrong direction.)

I ONLY HOPE that those little and nicely written articles will not REPLACE the STORY-telling in the game itself. There is no worse situation for the game than having it's contents in a form of written text.

Let me remind you for this type of story- telling (written) we have BOOKS. Yes, they still exist.

(it's not a complaint - it's merely a thought of where SWTOR might go, if things go wrong direction.)

I never minded written dialogue in games. As long as its good. They tend to be able to put in much more content that way instead of the one liners you get in most games now.

Besides couldnt you say the same about spoken story elements. That we have films for that?

Just takes more imagination to do it with text. something thats missing in modern console gamers. Coming from playing Lords of Midnight and the old text adventures like AMFV and such, imagination can make a game transcend the screen.

Edited by Tellenn

I never minded written dialogue in games. As long as its good. They tend to be able to put in much more content that way instead of the one liners you get in most games now.

Besides couldnt you say the same about spoken story elements. That we have films for that?

I hear you. But my point was that I am basically afraid that instead of fully voiced story (see: class stories) we will now receive written text that makes the "context" and explains all surrounding details, and then one-liners in the game.

(Yes, I know, there was information that SWTOR will not get further "class story" expansion, but I at least hope for a STORY itself)

I hear you. But my point was that I am basically afraid that instead of fully voiced story (see: class stories) we will now receive written text that makes the "context" and explains all surrounding details, and then one-liners in the game.

(Yes, I know, there was information that SWTOR will not get further "class story" expansion, but I at least hope for a STORY itself)

Based on what I've saw from the manaan flashpoint story is not letting up anytime soon. IMO Manaan is the best story driven flashpoint since the false emperor. Really well done with interesting boss mechanics.

Edited by MisterBlackJack

Nice little teaser.

I love Manaan and the Selkath they've been such a great point of intrigue in the TOR realm. One of the best parts of the original games I was happy when I first learned they were making a big return for SWTOR and every little tidbit more is welcomed.

Somewhat off-topic, but:

Looking back to the design sketches that were published of Theron Shan and Lana Beniko, Theron looks pretty accurate in-game, but Lana's head looks... very wrong, more like a plastic doll-mask. Not exactly "uncanny valley" but like plastic surgery gone wrong.

Anyone else feel the same way?