Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Hi,

so im done, finished the event. It was long and painful since I didnt have much time to play and had to also level my toons in WoW for the upcoming expansion, since there is nothing to do in swtor for over a year.

Achievments

I didnt do this event cause I liked it, I wanted to get the achievment points, thats all. I have to say I hated every moment of the event since it was a pain to do tactical flashpoints for example. Its unbelievable how many stupid players there are in the game now, it seemed tacticals had NiM mode ON! PVP was same, ppl were stupid and there were several lowbie pvp premades enjoying the facerolling over newbies. Overall it was a terrible experince, but its finnaly done!

So that is what i think of the event and the rewards we got! Never again! This event was again a clear sign of how Bioware doesnt care about the players. Having them level new toons (like they havent leveled tons already) and then just deleting them. Giving rewards, which were contents of previous packs are commonly available in game for silly prizes. GJ Bioware, you know how to lose players! Cant wait till my sub runs out!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that is what i think of the event and the rewards we got! Never again! This event was again a clear sign of how Bioware doesnt care about the players. Having them level new toons (like they havent leveled tons already) and then just deleting them. Giving rewards, which were contents of previous packs are commonly available in game for silly prizes. GJ Bioware, you know how to lose players! Cant wait till my sub runs out!

Nice way to make your point, lol.

Thanks BW for my 4 x Ceremonial Upper armour, 5 x Reaver's Upper armour and 5 x White-Black Colour Crystals, not to mention all the other duplicates. I literally got 2 things I might have bought myself out of 85 packs.

Just a tip: If we want RNG packs, we'll buy them. Now I have to figure out what to do with this junk clogging up my item stash.

Hi,

so im done, finished the event. It was long and painful since I didnt have much time to play and had to also level my toons in WoW for the upcoming expansion, since there is nothing to do in swtor for over a year.

Achievments

I didnt do this event cause I liked it, I wanted to get the achievment points, thats all. I have to say I hated every moment of the event since it was a pain to do tactical flashpoints for example. Its unbelievable how many stupid players there are in the game now, it seemed tacticals had NiM mode ON! PVP was same, ppl were stupid and there were several lowbie pvp premades enjoying the facerolling over newbies. Overall it was a terrible experince, but its finnaly done!

I feel ya. I finished about 2 weeks ago. I'm committed to assisting guildies get their achievements, but once this event's over, I'll never do anything like it again.

And yeah, the rewards? I got 2 or 3 items that were decent. The rest? About two dozen of the imperial crimson crystal in different variations and other assorted "junk." At first I was a bit mad, but then I realized that at least I didn't buy those packs. Had I paid money for those packs, I'd have felt totally screwed over.

“My mama always said, ‘Packs are like boxes of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.'”- Darth Gump

Likely only until October...but the good news is, all of the events "exciting content", will be available even AFTER the event ends, just not the rewards/achievements.

In other words its an event without actual content. Woop woop.

I hope it goes away as soon as possible.

8 ¬¬

You know some of us like only lead Jedais, or we choke X fellow I'm still Will there sacr way alliance to brooks? goofed and instead of ending with the wookie just ¬¬ is unbearable to think that I have to have a character amuses me, also because we can not have all or win it with a story like niko all subscribers and non-subscritors they have, or will have, at least let us have it the sucritors I users who took 5 years in the game, now present the second part which more packs we paid before subscribing the present too, at least as ue we have spent a lot of money to give them the character according to the amount of light or no light, not to mention the preferred characters, always has their favorite character the first or second did you do if not the event will not have the companion

and that force us to play at 8 classes

translate Spanish

sabes a algunos nos gusta solo llevar jedais, o se nos atragantan X compañeros yo aun estoy ¿habra manera de sacr de la alianza a brooks? meti la pata y en vez de acabar con el el acabo con el wookie ¬¬ es insoportable el pensar que tengo que tenerlo con un personaje no me hace gracia, ademas porque no podemos tenerlo todos o ganarlo con una historia como niko todos los suscriptores y no suscriptores lo tienen o tendran, por lo menos dejarnos que lo tengamos los sucritores y o usuarios que llevamos 5 años en el juego, ahora regalareis la segunda parte la cual mas los packs que pagamos antes de suscribirnos los regalais tambien, por lo menos ya ue nosotros hemos gastado mucho dinero para tenerlos darnos el personaje segun la cantidad de luz o no luz, por no hablar de los personajes preferentes, siempre uno tiene su personaje favorito el primero o el segundo que hicístes si no es del evento no tendra el compañero

y porque FORZARNOS a jugar a las 8 clases

8 ¬¬

You know some of us like only lead Jedais, or we choke X fellow I'm still Will there sacr way alliance to brooks? goofed and instead of ending with the wookie just ¬¬ is unbearable to think that I have to have a character amuses me, also because we can not have all or win it with a story like niko all subscribers and non-subscritors they have, or will have, at least let us have it the sucritors I users who took 5 years in the game, now present the second part which more packs we paid before subscribing the present too, at least as ue we have spent a lot of money to give them the character according to the amount of light or no light, not to mention the preferred characters, always has their favorite character the first or second did you do if not the event will not have the companion

and that force us to play at 8 classes

translate Spanish

sabes a algunos nos gusta solo llevar jedais, o se nos atragantan X compañeros yo aun estoy ¿habra manera de sacr de la alianza a brooks? meti la pata y en vez de acabar con el el acabo con el wookie ¬¬ es insoportable el pensar que tengo que tenerlo con un personaje no me hace gracia, ademas porque no podemos tenerlo todos o ganarlo con una historia como niko todos los suscriptores y no suscriptores lo tienen o tendran, por lo menos dejarnos que lo tengamos los sucritores y o usuarios que llevamos 5 años en el juego, ahora regalareis la segunda parte la cual mas los packs que pagamos antes de suscribirnos los regalais tambien, por lo menos ya ue nosotros hemos gastado mucho dinero para tenerlos darnos el personaje segun la cantidad de luz o no luz, por no hablar de los personajes preferentes, siempre uno tiene su personaje favorito el primero o el segundo que hicístes si no es del evento no tendra el compañero

y porque FORZARNOS a jugar a las 8 clases

Do NOT use that translating software again. :eek:

Do NOT use that translating software again. :eek:
I think he used Google Translate, and Google Translate is *not* as bad as that. Given that some words didn't get translated at all, it leads me to believe his grammar/spelling is poor in Spanish, since it translates the wrong form of certain words and skips other words entirely. If I was a native Spanish speaker I could probably figure out what he was saying, but.... ...I ain't.

PS: Actually, given that his signature is this:

Jedi Code:

There is not emocion, there is pace. There is no ignorance, there is knowled. There is no passion, there is serenety. There is not death, there is the force

MAAAAAAYBE he's just trolling. Edited by idnewton

Hello All,

just been out for a few Months on the Job and now back and try to get some achievements of the dark vs. light.

@ eric or others: Can somebody tell me how long this event will remain live? i want to get some of those boxes and don`t know yet if there is enough time remaining for doing that? is there any rough time range for this event?

What i mean f.ex. is if there is no gree event till the end of the event. it is not possible to get the last one..

Thanks.

KR

Fra

Edited by FraDolcino

Can somebody tell me how long this event will remain live?

No ending date. Reddit is running a "No earlier than 10/20" in their postings.

As to enough hours, that's something you have to decide on how many hours you're putting in.

Edited by dr_mike

Although i can't tell if the event has been a success or not, I would say, at face value, it seems kind of odd that they would not grant retroactive credit to game veterans.

It would defeat the purpose of the event which is to get as many people doing required content. Granting retroactive achievement would be worthless.

It is a lot to do if you go all the way to the legendary tier. From my point of view the HM FP's are the real pain. Some of them are pretty hard and you need at least 208-216 gear to complete them. When late level 50 players que for these FP's it is almost impossible to complete for example Bloodhunt. Could there be a way that in order to que in GF for the real tough ones you meet a certain requirement? I don't want to dissapoint (new) players by kicking them from the group but at the same time I don't want to wipe over and over again. What are your thoughts on this subject?