Spirit of Vengance too hard.

Windrunneer

There is a reason you can choose difficulty, I like to play in story-mode because it is easy.

I subscribed to the game and spent a ton of money because I thought I would be able to actually paly the game.

Now, as it happens, I can't continue playing the game because the story quest cannot be completed because it is just too hard.

You get a companion that does nothing, it is like playing alone, I made it to the last boss just wanting to get it over and there was simply no way fo finishing the flashpoint. It was impossible.

THe companion instantly dies and there is nothing I, or anyone, can do about it. THen you re stuck without being able to heal and just die.

It cannot be done alone.... Like what in hell is this?

Please understand that I am not bad, It is an objective fact that it is impossible to do it alone, at least as a Sorcerer.

You just can;t.... the damage is too high, you take 50% of your health every second, and your companion is dead, because its AI farts on last boss and he just dies.

Please understand that I am not bad, It is an objective fact that it is impossible to do it alone, at least as a Sorcerer.

You just can;t.... the damage is too high, you take 50% of your health every second, and your companion is dead, because its AI farts on last boss and he just dies.

I understand the companion is only lvl 1 for some people. Apparently he is supposed to be lvl 25 and is a bug.

But it’s not objective fact that it’s impossible to do alone because I’ve done it on 5 different characters, including my Sorc, which was the easiest.

It might help the bug team if you provide details like what gear you had on, what rating and what tactical. Which part of the flash point you had trouble with and where you were dying.

1) No it's not.

2) How is it a bug when you're not able to play your class properly to finish a Flashpoint that literally hundreds of other players before you had no issue with at all? ;)

I'm not trying to sound rude or something, but like Trixxie (the poster above), have I finished the FP with like 4+ characters by now. I could have finished it with 10~ more, but I just don't bother. It's really not that hard if you're not completely afk. Try to use the Health-Stations around you and your DCDs and don't wait until you're like 5% Health because then you're obviously dead before you can react. Try to learn to use Keybinds because I guess thats one of the main reasons people are complaining about "hard" content in SWTOR. They all need to focus on their bars because they click their abilities and can't actually focus on whats happening on the screen.

SWTOR content is NOT hard. Sometimes its buggy, yes. But definitely not hard nor impossible to finish, like you think.

Edited by Jesseriah

• 3 weeks later...
Save your heroic moment for when the adds come. Seems to be an AI pathing problem with your companion in this fight relating to the height level differences. He cant 'see' you sometimes when you're on a different level to him so he does nothing. Put him on passive and bring him to you if thats happening. When the 2nd group of adds come, take out the two snipers in the two corners first, you heroic moment abilities should still be going at this point coming off their first cooldown, use the unused abilities from that to take them out and anything that is left over on the main mob.

There is a reason you can choose difficulty, I like to play in story-mode because it is easy.

I subscribed to the game and spent a ton of money because I thought I would be able to actually paly the game.

Now, as it happens, I can't continue playing the game because the story quest cannot be completed because it is just too hard.

You get a companion that does nothing, it is like playing alone, I made it to the last boss just wanting to get it over and there was simply no way fo finishing the flashpoint. It was impossible.

THe companion instantly dies and there is nothing I, or anyone, can do about it. THen you re stuck without being able to heal and just die.

It's not hard, just requires you to know your class, which is how the entire game should be played, if you ask me. But that's not the fault of players, but devs, for making the rest of the story too trivial, where you can press 1 button for basic attack and finish it.

As others suggested, keep your heroic moment and cycle through defensives as best as you can, and it should be easy peasy.

P.S. You don't need to pay to play story content, so that is invalid argument. :p

Edited by DiamondNemke

It's not hard, just requires you to know your class, which is how the entire game should be played

If the rest of the game is made like Spirit of Vengeance, forcing everyone to know their class in order to play, the bulk of the casuals will say screw this and leave, so if gutting the player population is what you want, keep suggesting that.

Demanding players know their class should be left to times when players must pool their resources to accomplish something, such as an operation, not slogging through story mode (and the extent to which players learn their class solo in story mode won't help them in group situations like operations, anyway).

Edited by xordevoreaux

• Which phase are you dying on, and what is actually killing you / your companion?
  • What is your iRating? This is level 75 content, so your M/E/P aren't set to fixed numbers, and all of your stats actually matter.

If the rest of the game is made like Spirit of Vengeance, forcing everyone to know their class in order to play, the bulk of the casuals will say screw this and leave, so if gutting the player population is what you want, keep suggesting that.

Demanding players know their class should be left to times when players must pool their resources to accomplish something, such as an operation, not slogging through story mode (and the extent to which players learn their class solo in story mode won't help them in group situations like operations, anyway).

So you're suggesting that story content should rather be FPs where you enter, watch one cutscene and leave (+ loot), right?

Your point is just absurd. Look at all other MMOs that have even larger playerbase, such as GW2, ESO, not to mention WoW. In all of them, you are forced to learn your class while leveling. Not to mention that GW2 and ESO are heavily story based MMOs, just like SWTOR.

Yes, some people would leave, but new people would come, who value the gameplay, as much as the story. A lot of people stroll through the main story, and just leaves after few days of playing because there is no challenge. Some of them I know personally.

If you want to play a game where you just click one button, go play Telltale games. MMOs shouldn't be like that.

As for ops, SM ops are also nerfed too much, being basically on a same level as Flashpoints, so people won't learn anything there as well.

• 1 year later...

I am in strong agreement with this. There are games, and there are GAMES; there are gamers and there are GAMERS. I admire that for most of the time SWTOR does a respectable job of catering to both- my sons who are amazing; know their classes; have a 'play style' and really know their stuff. I'm 57. Been playing SWTOR from the very beginning- but as a Dad would- an hour here and there; enjoying the story, the visuals, the music, and even a sense of accomplishment. The creativity and elegance of this experience is amazing to me. But Spirit of Vengance does not present a fun or enjoyable return on my investment. There are non-solo; medium and expert modes for Gamers with a capital "G." For the 'mentally and physically challenged' like me - as a poster had the gall to express, there is solo-story mode.

I read the 'hints' and suggestions, and can't even decipher the language - I wouldn't know a "tank" or a "dps" if it bit me in the face. I don't know what an 'add' is either. And I have zero intention of investing the time to learn those things; because fortunately in EVERY OTHER aspect of the game, a regular dad who doesn't follow that kind of detail can get by just fine.

If there weren't something still very specifically imbalanced and discouraging about Spirit of Vengance, I believe threads on the same subject wouldn't be around for the last five years or so.

So, I apologize to all the 'real' gamers out there for demanding that Spirit of Vengance be calibrated to the same level every other solo-story experience is in the game. But in return, many of the arrogant full-timers on here, owe me and my kind an apology for being *****holes. (They are exactly why I don't do Group or Guild ANYTHING anymore.) Toxic insanity.

Sorry for rambling- I have six kids and five moved out- so I've become a philosophical cranky old man.

Cheers to all- and my each enjoy the game in their own element - I appreciate all of you who love the beauty and excellence of SWTOR with me!

MDW