Are Luke Skywalker's teachings ever explained?

Sickyardo

I just can't seem to understand how Luke is named the most powerful jedi ever. So with just a short amount of Yoda and old Ben's training he just happens to surpass them and even his own father? That's just ludicrous, so it took all the other jedi long years of training but takes Luke like what seems only a few months (if that) to become the most powerful jedi. To say he is the most powerful jedi post RotJ makes sense but not ever. Even if he had all the holocrons ever...there's just no way. He would literally have to have been born like Anakin, without a father. Luke is also a twin so I doubt all the medichlorians are all his. It just wouldn't make sense. I think GL was just being lazy or just never expected SW to grow the way it did or else he'd take back ever saying Luke was the most pwerful jedi ever, but if anyone knows how Luke happens to be the most powerful jedi ever by finding all his teaching please share.

It took way longer than months for Luke to become a fully trained Jedi Knight by the end of ROTJ. He had Anakin's potential so he increased rapidly in his skills after training with Obi-Wan, then Yoda and then self teaching. Anakin was pretty much the same way really, they both advanced far ahead of their peers no matter how long they trained.

As for later on, again it took way longer than months for Luke to then become the most powerful Jedi ever. Serving under Reborn Sidious certainly helped and it just all went on from there as he found more Jedi teachings and so forth, traveled the galaxy, etc.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yeah but Luke is still of human species and as far as I know humans in SWU live longer that regular humans on earth but still not close to what Yoda lived, Yoda was almost 900 years old before he died. I just don't see Luke knowing and learning more that what Yoda could accomplish in all that time he was alive. Obviously it wasn't months that took Luke to train I just said it felt that way, but it would just be cool to know just what he was taught, because I believe there's only so much one could learn by self teaching themselves.

Yeah but Luke is still of human species and as far as I know humans in SWU live longer that regular humans on earth but still not close to what Yoda lived, Yoda was almost 900 years old before he died. I just don't see Luke knowing and learning more that what Yoda could accomplish in all that time he was alive. Obviously it wasn't months that took Luke to train I just said it felt that way, but it would just be cool to know just what he was taught, because I believe there's only so much one could learn by self teaching themselves.

He inherrited Anakin's potential So yes he did have the full midi count (and so does leia, the midichlorians dont physically move on more midichlorians flock to certain people or at least thats my understanding of it.)

Further more Yoda spent much of his time medidating on the force while Luke spent much of his time experiencing it.

One of Luke's early escolades has him nearly die, and in that death he see's The Force, he visibly gets to see and understand everything that the force is. No training, no amount of Meditating could ever give some one the understanding of The Force that one gains from being a part of it for a short time.