Anyone have some INTELLIGENT advice for me?

Zulataak

Playing the game with voice matching with lips, some combat and looting lag.

is this a game issue or is it something i need to change/fix? doesnt seem quite as bad on korriban, but my jump and loot is behind by a tleast a second and a half after i press the button

Hi, im trying to play the game, and find it difficult to stay interested, because of framerate issues on lowest settings, my specs for my processor are as follows.

I have a AMD phenomII x4 945 processor with 3.00 ghz, my directx is up to date at 11, and my video card is also better than min specs, yet i suffer frmerate issues and my theres a second or 2 lag when

A. Taking cover.

B. Using a move.

C. Looting corpses.

if a mod or person has USEFUL insight on somehting that may be the problem, please help, i have turned my graphics all the way down and everything else, and also made my resolution 800x600.

Edited by Zulataak

If i had known that a computer with better than required settings that can run wow on defualt settings and not lag at all, couldnt handle THIS, i wouldnt have spent the 80 dollars on the whole thing, this is VERY dissapointing, and i dont feel like wasting money to buy either a new computer or videocard, when i SHOULD be able to run this with no problem since im above min requirements. And im hooked directly into a modem with full bars and excellent speed, dsl...

First you might want to check your connection. Speakeasy is one of several such 'speed test' places. Another thing to check is your in-game latency or ping rate. There's a small meter in the lower right corner, to the left of the mini-map. The more bars, the better your signal.

If you need to, here's the help topic for port forwarding: How do I configure my Router to let me access Star Wars: The Old Republic?. This will involve settings within your router and/or firewall to allow for unimpeded pass-through.

Good luck!

From what you are describing you are not having any actual PC performance/graphic related issues. This sounds more like common client/server lag.

All of the cut-scenes reside on your PC and they are not streamed through the internet. Which is why they are rather fluent and run well.

Though, what your describing is game server lag related. Meaning that you are sending a packet request to the game server, it processes that packet's information and then it sends you a packet back with further information based on your actions/request.

Common cases of client/server lag would be over populated areas, prime-time in your time zone (IE: If your using a cable modem then you are also sharing bandwidth with everyone else that uses a cable modem within a certain distance), and simply a bad internet provider. Other cases are using wireless, while wireless is handy it is not as stable or as fast as a hardline (wired) connection.

If your running any 3rd party programs to stream media, download files/programs/music then be sure to disable those while you are playing. Also, much as others have suggested check your internet speed. You can do that on http://www.dslreports.com/tools which have various speed tests. If your not having any speed issues (be sure to call your company to have them check your up/down stream rates) then it's save to assume that your just getting simple client/server lag from the game servers.

Yeaaaaa, i wanna hear what is wrong, not o well it could be your time zone and speed and blah blah blah, can they not take responsibility and say maybe that theyre servers are being slow? my speed is fine, im directly plugged into a verizon router, no other game or program does this, so excuse me for having a horrible week after having to move home, only to hear the automated robot answer from an admin, o yea im being totally unreasonably angry at this...

all it is is your lat or latincy witch is the time it take for the computer to tell the server that u pushed the button and send the info back, in easy terms. there is a lat indactor on the in game hud, look for it i t kinda looks like wi fi bars and hover over it if your over 1000 lat then you will be seeing this lag when you jump or loot. it can be many factors mostly your internet , then game settings and computer settings. make sure that you have no programs running in the back group that is using your internet and turn them off.

i learned to tank raids in wow with 1 to 2k lat on satalite internt so if i can fix it then so can you.

also your speed has nothing to do with lat, you could pay for 50mbps but still have 1k lat or pay for 1mbps and have 75 to 90 ms lat. hope you find what your looking for and also try laintcyfix.com

ps. yes i spelled lat wrong, idk the proper spelling for it :)

Since it appears to be a latency issue, how about giving us some of your network info.

What is your connection? 3G, cable, DSL? (Verizon could be DSL or 3G)

What time are you trying to play?

Do you live in a major population area?

Also the link about setting your modem up to play might be good to look at incase something is being blocked that normally isn't.

Also do you have a wireless access point, even if you aren't using it with your PC? And if so is anyone on it and is it secure?

Since it appears to be a latency issue, how about giving us some of your network info.

What is your connection? 3G, cable, DSL? (Verizon could be DSL or 3G)

What time are you trying to play?

Do you live in a major population area?

Also the link about setting your modem up to play might be good to look at incase something is being blocked that normally isn't.

Also do you have a wireless access point, even if you aren't using it with your PC? And if so is anyone on it and is it secure?

i did say my connection type as satellite internet, the servos provider is crappy hueghsnet. the modem is stock settings and is direct connected to my mac running os x linon and windows 7 through boot camp.

idk what you mean by what time you are trying to play, but i and CST and play throughout the day and night . i will say at prime time (6-9pm CST) the lat goes way up because of so many people on the bandwidth at that time.

another thing for him to try to test if its his computer or net is copy the sw for file to a ex hard drive and get a friend that has a laptop that is know to be able to handle heavy games, to come hook up and try funning the game form the ex HD and see what happens.

Good luck

i did say my connection type as satellite internet, the servos provider is crappy hueghsnet. the modem..../snip

Was directed at the OP. If we knew more about his connection then we could possibly give him some additional information to look into.

Tanking with 2k ping is pretty good. I know I was doing it at 1.4k for a while when the wow servers were having issues and I was surprised that we didn't wipe, constantly doing 2k would be insane.

/bow

Tanking with 2k ping is pretty good. I know I was doing it at 1.4k for a while when the wow servers were having issues and I was surprised that we didn't wipe, constantly doing 2k would be insane.

lol sorry idk why i though your where talking to me:)

and ty yea it was pretty tuff in za maily with getting agro on the mobs when your first aoe are delayed a bit and the DK throws down omg brain blank the red circle on the ground and is bursting out 15k right out the doorlol but the newer 3 are so easy as long as you learn to time everything ahead of time like boss droping purple stuff on ground of when ur going to need to taunt off other tank. it is tuff but it keeps me busy sense they made tanking so easy and you can get item lvl 378 gear with JP and then the new randoms dropping 378. oo can't can't forget that you don't need hit or exp any more just staking mastery and keeping D and P close, its a cake walk :) but still fun when i go some where where they have only 75 ms i get bored tanking and il hit stuff early lol