Is there somesort malicious bot keep auto invite people to guild?

ShieldProtection

I keep getting this for a while now, some bot keep inviting me to his guild and thanks to my auto refuse I don't get any stupid invite on my screen. But I see his text on my chat, well game's text, "**** tried to invite you their guild, auto declining" if this is correct, then BioWare should do a ban wave against those malicious bots in game. Auto programs aka bots in a MMORPG game, its so stupid, are they cheating in world of warcraft as well? Mind you there is absolutely no one near me, I'm in section X at the moment for dailies and out of nowhere some random name bot tried to invite "his" guild. Thank god there is auto deny feature.

Just put them on Ignore and you will not see anything from them. They won't even be able to send a guild invite, it will tell then you have them on Ignore.

That will end your problem

Yes now thats what I did, if I see more bots then I will add them too into my ignore list, seriously we need a bigger ignore list in my opinion.

Most of my characters are guilded, so I wouldn't know, but lately I have been getting whispers in Russia, the same message every time, apparently trying to recruit. This happens on rep side. A lot of my guildies complain about the same guy.

a) I hate random guild invites, especially in foreign language. It's an English server, use English.

b) I would never join a guild who uses spammers like this and try to recruit people from other guilds. It's just pathetic.

WTB legacy ignore.

I keep getting this for a while now, some bot keep inviting me to his guild and thanks to my auto refuse I don't get any stupid invite on my screen. But I see his text on my chat, well game's text, "**** tried to invite you their guild, auto declining" if this is correct, then BioWare should do a ban wave against those malicious bots in game. Auto programs aka bots in a MMORPG game, its so stupid, are they cheating in world of warcraft as well? Mind you there is absolutely no one near me, I'm in section X at the moment for dailies and out of nowhere some random name bot tried to invite "his" guild. Thank god there is auto deny feature.

How do you know it's a bot? Why can't it be an actual human somewhere?

I have met several weirdos that keep ninja inviting new people or guild less one to their guild for past two or three weeks straight. First I have put them to friends list to monitor them for a few weeks then move them to ignore. I'd assume its some bots' doing or someone with too much time on their hand, is doing this for some weird, unknown purpose. Edited by Ayushman
missed part

No idea on the malicious bot, but I do find it odd that I can get a random guild invite from known Conquest guilds on the server when I first start a character. Keep in mind, as soon as the player is created, I zone to my Stronghold to unload mails, where no one can see me. This has happened a few times. I know other games have a system that can tell if you're guilded or not, I'm petty sure this one doesn't. ;) Unless someone is viewing the planetary list and randomly inviting low levels hoping they're not guilded.

No idea on the malicious bot, but I do find it odd that I can get a random guild invite from known Conquest guilds on the server when I first start a character. Keep in mind, as soon as the player is created, I zone to my Stronghold to unload mails, where no one can see me. This has happened a few times. I know other games have a system that can tell if you're guilded or not, I'm petty sure this one doesn't. ;) Unless someone is viewing the planetary list and randomly inviting low levels hoping they're not guilded.

The game actually does. If you go to 'Who" from Social, pick a planet lets say, once the list is populated, where the default "Comment" is seen, click the arrow and you can choose Guild

The game actually does. If you go to 'Who" from Social, pick a planet lets say, once the list is populated, where the default "Comment" is seen, click the arrow and you can choose Guild

Wow! Never noticed that before. That explains it. Just tried it in game and it certainly does. Appreciate that.

Steve man I was on section x with no one else on the map and the bots name was very random like duerıudrujdujd something like this, thats why I said bot, I meant no offense to anyone,

You can /ginvite someone from anywhere to anywhere, with no need to be on the same planet, and a name like that just means that whoever it was just mashed the keyboard to make the guild-recruiter equivalent of a burner phone.

Of course, that doesn't answer the question of why anyone would think that recruiting like that is a good idea, but that question is just as applicable to bots as it is to humans, and just as applicable to humans as it is to bots.

So years into the game and we're still requesting these features?

• Larger ignore list limit
  • Legacy ignore

Would have thought these would be implemented by now.

A larger ignore list is conceptually straightforward, but obstructed by its potential impact on server-side performance. If you move ignore-list filtering from the server to the client, you get a different problem - lots of server=>client network traffic that will eventually be ignored by the client, and that is therefore wasted.

Legacy ignore comes in two flavours (which can be combined):

* Ignore on my whole legacy

* Ignore his whole legacy

The first isn't, as a concept, hard: you collapse the N per-character ignore lists into one single list for the legacy (with some caveats about having one global list or one list per faction).

For the second, I'll leave you with what I said last time I discussed this, which was only a few days ago:

There are two potential issues with this, one of which is more serious than the other, although it is cited less often.

1. More commonly cited.

It's often noted that there is a slightly theoretical and catastrophically tedious way for a would-be stalker to use an "ignore-whole-legacy" command to identify a stalkee's other characters.

(It involves identifying - by speech patterns and stuff - potential candidates, and then /ignorelegacy-ing the "known" character by name and seeing if the candidates' words stop reaching you. For best results, you need a friend in the same area, or you need to multibox in some way or other so that you can see - on a screen without the ignore running - the candidates' words.)

2. Less commonly cited.

How would it be displayed when you view your ignore list? You can't use just the legacy name because (ever since version 1.3.7 that released in September 2012) legacy names are not unique-per-server.

It could look like:

* Charactername and legacy

* Legacy of Charactername

* Legacyname (Charactername)

What would it show if that player deleted or renamed that character?

Steve man I was on section x with no one else on the map and the bots name was very random like duerıudrujdujd something like this, thats why I said bot, I meant no offense to anyone,

As Steve said they don't have to be on the same planet to invite you. They can pull up /who to see who is online and then see if you are in a guild and then send an invite. As far as the name, well people don't have much imagination to do names. I have seen some weird names and they aren't bots as they are actually playing the game, doing the same things everyone else does.

Edited by casirabit