F2P has destroyed what is left of under 50 WZ's

bbare

Under 50 WZ's have never been saturated with skilled players. Hell, most of the time you would get half decent players and half below-average players. I could tolerate the incompetence of under-50 WZ's before F2P was launched. I cannot now. The amount of incompetence, stupidity, and trollish behavior has convinced me to never queue up solo for warzones anymore.

It is just not fun anymore. Very few players play the objectives, and usually there are only 1 or 2 players on each team who gets more than 100k damage or heals. That is embarrassing for the game. If you are lvl 25+ and you cannot manage to get over 100k damage or heals in a match that lasts the normal length of a game, you have some serious problems. I could understand if you are guarding a node the whole match or running the huttball, but I've seen people with 25k damage that were charging the mid in Civil War the whole match. I don't know how bad you have to be to do that. Yes, damage and healing numbers aren't as important as the objectives, but unless you are in a Huttball match, the team with the most kills and healing usually win.

It is not just damage and healing numbers that concern me. Most of the players don't do basic things like call out incoming enemies, guard healers, burn the other team's healers, fight on the nodes rather than out in the open, and CC enemies to prevent disrupting our cap. These problems existed before F2P, but it was way less common than it is now. At least before F2P, I could count on half our team being decent. I cannot now. Unless I'm in a premade, I will often be the only player on our team who knows how to play my class and knows basic strategies for each WZ.

I haven't been a hardcore PVP'er since 1.2 came out. I haven't done very much 50 PVP since then. I mainly do pvp to level alts, and it takes away from a lot of the questing grind on planets. I also like to do them, because it is a very good way to become very good at a class quickly. However, how much I dislike doing quests I have already done for 5 other characters, I'm going to start doing them instead of PvP, because, for me, F2P has destroyed under-50 WZ's. There is no fun in it anymore unless you form a premade and queue up against another premade, and that happens rarely.

This reminds me of a game of CW. I spent about 80% of the time guarding Snow. After the reps got middle some folks got grass which - being the reps 'off node' was where all the action was for the entirety of the game.

Of our team there was a level 49 mara who was constantly spawning and running middle trying to Obi Wan cap it from whatever reps were defending it. I told him he is more useful helping defend grass but he just did the usual torrent of foul language his game his way. Being 49 and mara in the midst of this smash spec nonsense it wasn't hard to deduce he was spending the entire match padding dps numbers.

So we won eventually, about 50-0 (so a looooongish game) and the score came up. Me with defending and 80% doing nothing for the game 120k, the 49 smash mara who spent the better part of 10-15 minutes padding numbers - 22k. you didn't misread, he barely broke 20k dmg smashing the entire game against middle (which he never did cap)

Long story short. There are some TERRIBLE players out there. Really, really, REALLY terrible.

Ever since though it has made me smile at the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Edited by CorbinCrawford

The skill gap is growing in both sub 50 and 50 PVP, the only thing that can save this games PVP is a matchmaking system, by the time BW establishes one, as they don't seem to have the slightest interest, it may well be too late.

It does currently depends on your server and faction, but in some, such as mine, the unbalance from match to match is nearly out of control. On the Imp side, its either you are steam rolling or get steam rolled, very rarely in between, and the in between are what PVPers live for, the really fun matches.

A matchmaker that takes, gear, lvl, valor, expertise and group size should all be in the mix and it needs to be done yesterday.

f2p folks are limited to 5 warzones a week, unless they pay. and a weekly pass is like ~4$ worth of cartel coins iirc.

just because someone is bad doesnt mean that they are f2p. there are tons and tons and tons of bad players that pay to play

Unfortunately. A slow paced game like this should never have someone so bad they can't reach 100k, unless they're like a lv 10 operative, but then they're better off healing. Now if it were a fast game that took actual skill then I could tolerate badness maybe for a week or so. But the amount of bad is astoundingly high

Yeah it's pretty bad, but it's not just the lowbies... I've seen some incredible derpage in the 50s as well, in the last couple of weeks...

F2Pers, ask away, we'll teach ya but please don't take 6 months to learn how to PvP, it's killing it for the rest. But with the limit on warzones they can do that BW implemented, it will realistically be six months before any of f2pers can have enough exposure to get better.

Maybe we should actually be ************ at BW to let f2pers play more, since BW choices are ruining the game for us subscribers. I know they wanna make money, but we pay money to have fun, and this is not fun currently.

Maybe it's time to quit again and give it a few months for f2pers to catch up. :(

f2p folks are limited to 5 warzones a week, unless they pay. and a weekly pass is like ~4$ worth of cartel coins iirc.

just because someone is bad doesnt mean that they are f2p. there are tons and tons and tons of bad players that pay to play

You can easily buy the passes for 80k. Which by late 30s f2p can manage effortlessly.

I strongly disagree with the 100k damage part(even though my sub 50 always breaks it)

as a deception assasin, if i have really high damage at the end, that means i did not play optimally,

especially huttball, in my last hutball match i did 20k damage, and scored 6 times.

looking at damage is not the proper way to see skill, check if they use stuns, taunts and class mechanics to benefit the team.

A stealther in mid field is useless, but in the end zone, a victory

Unfortunately. A slow paced game like this should never have someone so bad they can't reach 100k, unless they're like a lv 10 operative, but then they're better off healing. Now if it were a fast game that took actual skill then I could tolerate badness maybe for a week or so. But the amount of bad is astoundingly high

I'm sorry but I got 150k damage in a Civil War as a lvl 10 scoundrel ,100k in a huttball and around 100k in a Novare Coast lol (I have a lvl 50 assassin, it migh explain why I know how to play a stealth dps )

On topic, yes the amount of terrible players in sub 50 is very high. the Civil war where I did 150k, my team was 6 lvl 10 to 18 and 2 lvl 35+...we won vs a team with 5-6 lvl 35+. Same thing in the 100k dmg huttball and the +/- 100k Novare Coast. I remember THIS powertech tunnelvisioning me (I'm NOT healer) even if I poped a WZ adrenal, had a guard and a healer on me lol.

But when its sub 50 I dont really care about the skill level of the players,its full of new players after all. The lvl 50 braket is an other story, if you cant do a smart move in the 50 braket PLZ stop pvping lol

Damage isn't really that great of a skill-meter. It's more about positioning, ability-usage and battlefield awareness (checking the map to see where you're needed most).

With that being said, I'm playing an Operative healer right now that I'm leveling up through PvP. I usually break 50-100k damage as well, due to Fragmentation Grenade and stopping caps, while healing for pretty much 2-3x that at the same time, and I see people doing 30-40k damage as DPS aaaaaaaall the time nowadays. It's getting pretty ridiculousness at times.

It's not their fault though. They have to learn somehow and hopefully, in a dozen or so matches, they'll be pretty decent. We just have to suck it up and deal with it. That's just the way it is.

Btw. I love that guy and his party! :')

The average skill PvP player in this game has always been lower than I would have liked (I think for many people studying class mechanics feels too much like work so they just que and don't read forums).

I think that encouraging people to go to mmomechanics to study their class and primary tree would work wonders.

Damage isn't really that great of a skill-meter. It's more about positioning, ability-usage and battlefield awareness (checking the map to see where you're needed most).

With that being said, I'm playing an Operative healer right now that I'm leveling up through PvP. I usually break 50-100k damage as well, due to Fragmentation Grenade and stopping caps, while healing for pretty much 2-3x that at the same time, and I see people doing 30-40k damage as DPS aaaaaaaall the time nowadays. It's getting pretty ridiculousness at times.

It's not their fault though. They have to learn somehow and hopefully, in a dozen or so matches, they'll be pretty decent. We just have to suck it up and deal with it. That's just the way it is.

Btw. I love that guy and his party! :')

Yeah but skill implies high damage. Therefore, not high damage implies not so skilled. My first match I did terrible (Beta playing a sniper). After a dozen maps I was way decent.

Must be a server thing. Last night at around 4 am (5am server time) on BC under 50 pvp popped instantly. We rarely wait for a pop and matches are the usual: Some erratic on both sides, some with pre-mades on one side, sometime both. You get walked over at times, walk then over other times and tons of very close matches.

There will always be idiot players who have no clue how to pvp but nearly the same can be said for 50 pvp seeing how so many simply pvp for casual fun. Sadly 50 pvp isn't set up for casual fun but hardcore gear grind and playing against pre-mades who can't get into or bother getting into ranked warzones.

I'd say issues with pvp has more to do with the server one is on.

The only reason there seemed to be better play before is because there were barely any players, especially on repub side on some servers. So you had the same small group of people constantly queuing, and learning each other's tendencies since you were pretty likely to get 2-3 other people on your team that were constant PVPers too.

But seriously it's not big deal. Either queue up in a premade if it really bothers you or just kind of accept it otherwise.

I haven't tried out any lvl 50s since I re-subbed again (wound up erasing them because preferred limit was actually 2 before iirc, I think they loosened that now but I wound up erasing my toons before that happened). I'd imagine lvl 50 is just premades rolling the hell out of a bunch of F2P n00bs.

I understand the OP's idea, but I also feel for the f2P players. As an old player recently re-subbing to this game I too am frustrated by the lack of skill of players. However, I realize that I learned how to play the old fashioned way (by observing, listening and learning from the players who were bettet than me).

I find the stubborness of playeres to be the most maddening. For instance, asking for people to call incoming enemes in any wz, asking some1 to guard a healer or to focus a marked target.

i'm just astounded by the number of folks who don't seem to know the goal of the wz. most are take a majority of nodes then guard the nodes. it's frustrating when we have 2 nodes to check the map and see me guarding one, another guy guarding our other, while the other six teammates are peeveepee'ing in the roads or at the 3rd node we do not control.

meanwhile 7 of the enemy zerg one of our nodes and cap back on a seven vs one.

i get it pvp jamboree is fun, but you don't win by facerolling smash in the roads all game. it's strat-based pvp. control nodes. its' been 14.5 months now. christ L2P

people are quick to blame the f2p players, but the stupidity i've seen in WZs lately are usually from the vets. There seems to be an overwhelming movement in pvp to not guard the nodes and pad the scoreboard stats.

AE is the worst. Nothing more frustrating then stealing the enemies pylon and being up by 100 and pretty much a guaranteed win if they hold their own pylon. Then having everyone deathmatch in the middle leaving one person at the pylon that gets owned by 3+ stealthies. No one seems to want to guard NC or CW either...just run to where the most players are and pad those meaningless stats.

Since when does having money to pay for a subscription automatically mean you're a good player or not having the money mean you're bad? F2P vs Sub is a non-argument, period. In any online game, 90% of the players have no clue how to play, that's reality, deal with it. It has nothing to do with wether they paid or not. There wouldn't be a game left if it weren't for F2P, keep that in mind. Edited by NLxAROSA

For your average solo que player, objective based pvp just isn't as fun/exciting. Who really *enjoys* solo guarding a node? Some of us do it , sure, but we aren't giggling to ourselves in anticipation of sitting at snow for a whole match. People that truly care about winning the match care about the objectives, but even those players don't all want to stand alone at the node or turn themselves into cannon fodder carrything the ball.

Like some others have stated, you can find 3 other similar minded players as yourself and que with them. That's the easiest way to change the outcome of the match. Or if you really just prefer to solo que (like me) and you can keep your cool, then toss instructions into ops chat. You'll often be ignored, trolled, argued with or possibly cursed at, but you'll also occasionally be listened to.

Mhm I've noticed an increasingly painful amount of people who are under level 20 in pre50 warzones, without advanced classes and without the sprint ability. They provide nothing to the team except allow you to live for a few seconds longer while they get killed first.