augments now or wait

Olteron

I'm outfitted in mostly artifact gear with a few black market stuff. Should I spend millions on mk 9 slots or should I just wait till I have better gear? I'm not raiding yet. I would like to start puging heroic 55's soon. But I don't have lots of cash yet and I am saving for a might hilt 35. Which goes for 3mill+.

I started augmenting my gear straight away, well all the stuff where I could update the mods. Get gear you like the look of and add your augments to that. I only haven't augmented my relics, ear piece and implants since they'll get updated.

Well I guess I better start running more dailies for credits. I'm going to need a lot more money.

Eh you dont need to augment really until doing ranked PvP or HM Operations. Since you're after a 34 hilt (35 hilts dont exist, and 36 hilts aren't craftable), I'd say hold off the augment slots till you start thinking about doing HMs.

Are augments important for heroic 55's? I got dropped from my first group in one because the said I was under geared. I'm in a mix of artifact/black market. I was ticked off with that. Edited by Olteron

Are augments important for heroic 55's? I got dropped from my first group in one because the said I was under geared. I'm in a mix of artifact/black market. I was ticked off with that.

Augments offer a VERY big boost over not having them. They aren't strictly necessary, but many people do Flashpoints with an eye towards speed.

The best way to deal with augments is to find adaptive gear that you like and augment it once. Then you can replace the mods as you go. For example, my main Sage put together an outfit last year after 2.0 that she's worn ever since. She's upgraded the mods through Conqueror, Obroan, and Brutalizer gear. But the MK-9 augments have stayed the same. In that way, the only augments I need to upgrade with each tier are the earpiece, implants and relics.