AutoAssigned Loot

Agreed, this loot system is absolutely ridiculous. A few people and I are almost fully geared from HM flashpoints and we did an EV raid with a bunch of other friends in guild and taking loot when we already have it over someone who's in blues or oranges is beyond silly.

I couldn't agree more.

I've done the following over the past 2 week:

17 Hardmode FPs

4 Raids

I've gotten no gear drops at all.

0 Schematics

8 Columi Commendations

67 Tionese Commendation

159 Tionese Crystals

I'm at the point now, I don't even want to run Hardmode FPs or Raids anymore. I'd rather just stick with PvP Gear, at least I know I'm working towards something at the end of the grind. The commendations I got listed above is pointless to me as the PvP Gear I have is much better. So 2 weeks of Raiding and Hardmodes have shown to be a waste of time. If the gear wasn't assigned at least I would've had a chance to roll on the gear that was for my class in stead of it just being given to other people.

Hell 1 person got I think like 5 pieces of the Columi Gear just from the EV and is only missing 1 piece. i mean come on. Not to mention, Consular drops that people already have, it would be nice to let other Consulars or similar classes have the gear by passing on something. Specially when they already have that said item. I'm just sick of running Raids and HM with people only to help them gear up and I get squat from it all. The only thing I get is a damn repair bill at the end of it all.

Edited by Beef_Cake

Yep, I understand that they wanted to implement a system where a Loot Master couldnt steal loot in raids by doing a PuG.

But really forcing this upon normal modes is pretty lame.

I vote for it being gone aswell even tho i dont really raid normal modes anymore.

Yeah it can very frustrating. We've had people get 3 pieces drop in a run that they didn't need when others in the group could use them. I'd suggest if they don't want to allow master looter for pug runs they could at least enable the option when everyone is in the same guild.

The monkey that thought that this was a good idea should be tazed. Seriously, I understand the reason why you did this, but make it OPTIONAL for guild runs.

Make it optional for all runs, not just guilds. Believe it or not, pugs do happen a lot of times. I run with other guilds as well, so this option would need to work for all groups not just guilds.

Isn't the auto-assigning of loot only active in normal mode? I remember reading there wasn't any auto-assigning in hard/nightmare mode. Normal mode is basically PUG-mode anyway, so I don't mind it being active in there. Edited by Thomasklij

This seemed like a great idea to begin with, but there is some problems with this system.

Our guild experience some people getting geared very fast and some not getting any. The other problem is having a cammando as an example, recieving his second chest piece while our other commando haven't got any yet at all.

There could be a simple solution to this problem. Make the items tradeable within the the operation/group. This will fix the problem for guilds. This will stil avoid the problems @ Master loot. As some have mentioned, people stealing the loot.

Edited by jazzflute

I havn't had the pleasure of experiencing this system yet. Would someone mind explaining how the auto-assigning system works?

The 2-3 pieces of gear that drop off a normal mode boss will automatically go to a class that can use it, but with no regard as to whether it is an upgrade or even appropriate for their spec. I've seen reports of all the gear going to one toon and lots of instances where a dps ends up with a piece of healer gear or vice versa. Even in a pug, this is a horrible way to distribute loot. How many people will continue to pug normal modes if they keep watching their upgrades go to people that don't need them. Horrible implementation.

Easy way to fix it until they come up with a better loot system. Just allow the drops to be traded to other members of the group for a short time after the fight.

And one other thing. I'm enjoying this game, but seriously, what kind of A-list mmo would launch without a /roll command? Supposed it is in the next patch, but history tells me not to hold my breath.

This seemed like a great idea to begin with, but there is some problems with this system.

Our guild experience some people getting geared very fast and some not getting any. The other problem is having a cammando as an example, recieving his second chest piece while our other commando haven't got any yet at all.

There could be a simple solution to this problem. Make the items tradeable within the the operation/group. This will fix the problem for guilds. This will stil avoid the problems @ Master loot. As some have mentioned, people stealing the loot.

Go back a few months ago, around september, when they first announce that "bag loot" for normal operation. The amount of post of joy from the crowd was just sickening and would you dare make a post against it, you were going to be crush by spam of post...

Doesn't seem that great now hein? Yes it remove ninja. No, it doesn't just rain loot to you (the you has nothing to do with the poster). RNG can be as frustrating if not more than a soo horrible ninja! Why? You can act against say person, not with luck. As it was said soo many time, random assign loot is always awful for anything that is remotely organized.

While being able to trade would be great, it doesn't really fix the issue and the trading look like an waful patch to an horrible design. Want to fix the problem? Give the possibility to change loot rule in normal. Done.

Easy way to fix it until they come up with a better loot system. Just allow the drops to be traded to other members of the group for a short time after the fight.

Coding wise this isn't very easy. What would be an easy method is when you loot the body you have a chance to pick up the item or choose to assign it to someone else. Similar to the method in DDO.

If you dont fix this issue at least let the users decicde if they want to go master loot.

If So PLEASE ADD /ROLL Command.

/roll

/roll

/roll

/roll

/roll

That way people can get the loot if they want to roll for it.

that would be copying other games

how about /rng :p

Signed and stamped. If you want to push people away from the large group content you've designed Bioware, keep normal mode loot distribution the way it is. The vast majority of the player base will be running normal mode PUGs and not guild run hard/nightmare modes. That's a lot of subscription money and last I checked, money talks. Edited by Xansyn

Adding my voice to the requests - terrible system, please institute another option of some kind:

Master Looter can assign drops:

a. automatically for all-guild runs, or

b. if every player agrees to this via a preferences toggle, or

c. if every player agrees to this via a popup upon joining an operation group, or

d. if every player agrees to this via an anonymous vote option once the operation group has been assembled.

By all means, make it optional so pugs can choose to use a random system, and keep the option anonymous so players aren't discriminated against for refusing to allow the master looter to assign in pugs.

But make it optional for those that raid with their friends. We ran our first TOR operation last night, and the brutal bugs aside (hilarious this time around, far less so next time), we had a great time... until it came to our master-looter handing out the drops.

At this point there was much confusion, and several people thinking they had stolen downgrade gear from friends it would be a huge upgrade for. Kind of put a damper on the whole event. We assumed it was some kind of bug until we looked it up and discovered master looter means nothing in TOR.

The frustration of the raid group, or even a few members of it, being gear gated by the RNG system turning upgrades into vendor trash is going to seriously demotivate everyone. We love TOR and want to continue to do so, but this will eventually become a game killer for many of us.