5.6 change - 1 to 179 limitation to be removed from the boosts in inventory?

xordevoreaux

Even if they don't, this was a very pleasant surprise. I'm thrilled they're doing this...kinda surprised too, but thrilled!!!

Not complaining at all about the change, but was sort of hoping it'd apply to the ones that have been stacking up.

Edit: More importantly, been concentrating on getting 1 to 300, and he's past 180, so I've been tossing the 1-179's in the bank for later.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Not complaining at all about the change, but was sort of hoping it'd apply to the ones that have been stacking up because I've more 180+ GC toons than not.

Oh I understand completely, I'm in the same boat...I didn't mean it wouldn't be a good change. Hopefully Eric will see this post and can comment on it.

• Dev Post
From 5.6 patch notes:

What about the stash of these that are 1-179 that we might already have in our inventory?

Will existing ones get updated?

Good question! Although all future boosts will change, any that you have right now will remain the same. We are not updating items that you already have, in this instance. Thanks.

-eric

As TUXs wrote, it was a very pleasant surprise having these boosts drop at all, and when I just read the rank limitation is being done away with I got really big eyes and read that three times. Very nice! Don't mind at all if the existing ones don't convert, I have many toons that need them anyway.

I just wonder, if we can upgrade gear with UCs, and we get full-fledged CXP boosts from crates, what do we even need command tokens for? I used them almost exclusively to buy boosts :D If that's no longer required, I can see that getting the message "you're close to the limit" will be the norm now, not the exception :D

im sure the drop rate has been lowered as well, but, yes...thanks! i can still use the ones i have currently, so they wont go to waste at all. in fact, i finally got my new second main up to CM90 last night. :)

with the delay in 2x, i can now get back to getting him up to speed with the rest of the toons via story....and trying to be effective in PvP....and my resent venture into GSF. Porkins and I have a lot in common.

I just wonder, if we can upgrade gear with UCs, and we get full-fledged CXP boosts from crates, what do we even need command tokens for? I used them almost exclusively to buy boosts :D If that's no longer required, I can see that getting the message "you're close to the limit" will be the norm now, not the exception :D
No more limit...they are moving from currency to items in your inventory that will stack! Use them to buy starter gear for your new toons or alts...the boosts were too valuable for my main toons that all my alts suffered with terrible gear >.<...hopefully now I can at least equip a starter left side to most of my alts.

EDIT: Sorry...I thought you meant UC's. My bad. You are correct...these still have a limit, but again, they can be used for gear on alts and new toons. Maybe we can talk Bioware into adding deco's we can buy with them in the future?!

Edited by TUXs