Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strongholds Need Some Serious Dev Attention

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Strongholds Need Some Serious Dev Attention

casirabit
08.20.2019 , 01:01 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
As much as I love SWG's approach to player housing and force shui, Swtor's servers would explode when trying to generate all those items in a stronghold.
More likely but I do wish for once I was able to place a fountain upside down on a ceiling hook where I could actually make a proper shower like I did on SWG. If they going to use hooks, can be please be able to put what we want in the hooks, and turn them upside down or something so I can finally create my shower p.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

DarkTergon
08.20.2019 , 01:08 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
More likely but I do wish for once I was able to place a fountain upside down on a ceiling hook where I could actually make a proper shower like I did on SWG. If they going to use hooks, can be please be able to put what we want in the hooks, and turn them upside down or something so I can finally create my shower p.
I love that idea, they do have a fountain that goes on a wall though (can't remember which one), but with the new walls, etc, you'd be able to make a walk in shower type of thing. Might have to try that out
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

TonyTricicolo
08.20.2019 , 01:15 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
I love that idea, they do have a fountain that goes on a wall though (can't remember which one), but with the new walls, etc, you'd be able to make a walk in shower type of thing. Might have to try that out
Try the Copero wall fountain for you can rotate it upside down.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Tsillah
08.20.2019 , 01:17 PM | #74
Personally I wish they would take more care with the hook placements. They aren't consistent so you might have 4 hooks on one side and three on the other. Or they are placed so that you can never let a decoration line up against a wall because it's placed too far away from the wall. Or there are the wrong hook types. All of that I wish they would do something about. Manaan, though beautiful is the absolute worst in that. Also the side rooms on the bottom floor have no proper light fixture either and I MUCH rather have a number of large hooks than those stupid centerpiece ones that limit so much what you can do there. Also the floor hooks on the side instead of the middle. Or on the main floor outside leading up to the entrance you have two rows of small floor hooks. Why not medium narrow so you can choose and have more options? Things like that. All the strongholds have such issues where you can see that the hook placement is done by someone who either has no clue what's needed for people.

As a sidenote I also hate the hooks that float above the floor so that your decorations also float above the floor.

A second main issue is the lack of variation in colors of decorations. Take for example the luxury carpets. The blue you can craft. The red you have to get with certificates. That's annoying but ok, they exist at least. But what about white, black, green, yellow? They only green ones are the corellian ones that are faded green and not a warm or bright green. There really should be some basic things like carpets, wall drapes and lights in a variety of colors so that you can more easily give your stronghold a color scheme that actually works well.

It just takes part of the fun out of it.

Lastly, the GTN prices on decorations and availability. There are so many that were sold via the CM and their availability is terrible. And because of that they are overpriced but also you can never get as many as you would need.

Those are three issues that really can keep you from really enjoying the experience but if you ask me which to fix first, it's gotta be the hook placement. It's just so frustrating. My Manaan is nearing completion now and it's going to be about 60% filled. More would be just too much, too crowded. Hook placement is a big part of that problem because I can't do the things I would like to there.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Banthabreeder
08.20.2019 , 02:51 PM | #75
Don't forget we need Z-axis implemented. Would make a lot of us very very happy.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Xina_LA
08.20.2019 , 09:05 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
I used a Rakata Stasis Chamber with a carefully positioned Waterfall.

I'd love a Z-axis but even more than that, I'd love a Scale slider.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--