Actual Thanks for Update 5.4a

GoodDealFL

Logged on to see why the servers were still down, read todays update and cant believe the amount of whining going on. So I'm here to thank the Devs for taking the time to get the game right, I understand its not an easy job and your doing under pressure.

So Thanks Again, I Can Wait For A Better Gameplay Experience... :)

You know, they aren't going to give you anything for defending their bungle, right? I mean as frelled as I get with Microsoft, they actually test the updates they ram through my desktop- hell I pay a sub for my anti-virus and they have a much more delicate job to do, where much more can go wrong. But, no the devs need their participation certificate for breaking the game... with an unnecessary patch mid week- even kids who break things get a time out.

I know right, stop the moaning already. Anyone would think that SWTOR is their lives and the devs just did a giant turd on their laps.

They will fix it, just relax.

Cheers devs. Hope you fix it soon. xxx

lel

Edited by Neo_Psy

I know right, stop the moaning already. Anyone would think that SWTOR is their lives and the devs just did a giant turd on their laps.

They will fix it, just relax.

Cheers devs. Hope you fix it soon. xxx

lel

Yeah!!:rak_03:

Logged on to see why the servers were still down, read todays update and cant believe the amount of whining going on. So I'm here to thank the Devs for taking the time to get the game right, I understand its not an easy job and your doing under pressure.

You don't thank someone for failing to do sufficient QA. I know they will fix it. It may be a full day, but they will get it in. The essential point is that QA failed in a massive way. I'm a retired programmer. I do know what it takes and thanking someone for failing to do a proper job is ludicrous.

Edited by Kyrra_T

Accusations of "white knighting" incoming in 3....2.....1......

(Joking aside, I have to agree. People need to stop taking out their own personal issues....a.k.a. lack of a life outside of SWTOR....on the devs. I doubt they sit around going "how can we piss people off today?")

Accusations of "white knighting" incoming in 3....2.....1......

(Joking aside, I have to agree. People need to stop taking out their own personal issues....a.k.a. lack of a life outside of SWTOR....on the devs. I doubt they sit around going "how can we piss people off today?")

Nope they didn't plan this. But again, thanking someone for not doing proper quality assurance is neither useful for the game or helpful to the game developer. It encourages the behavior that created the situation.

If my phone bill is so off from an update from my provider that I cannot pay the bill then I do not thank them for their lack of QA. I'm not upset about the downtime. I have things to do. I am upset that they failed to test properly.

Nope they didn't plan this. But again, thanking someone for not doing proper quality assurance is neither useful for the game or helpful to the game developer. It encourages the behavior that created the situation.

If my phone bill is so off from an update from my provider that I cannot pay the bill then I do not thank them for their lack of QA. I'm not upset about the downtime. I have things to do. I am upset that they failed to test properly.

No negative people allowed in this thread sorry. You have enough of your own :)

I'm not all about thanking them for messing up, but maybe more thanking them for realizing it in a timely manner and taking steps to do something about it. Or...maybe...just about being patient and semi-courteous to fellow human beings instead of going straight for the "burn them at the stake!!!11!!" approach that so many are having over in the other thread.

You know, they aren't going to give you anything for defending their bungle, right? I mean as frelled as I get with Microsoft, they actually test the updates they ram through my desktop- hell I pay a sub for my anti-virus and they have a much more delicate job to do, where much more can go wrong. But, no the devs need their participation certificate for breaking the game... with an unnecessary patch mid week- even kids who break things get a time out.

OMG, someone else who uses the word "frell" in conversation :D

Anyway, yeah, not much we can do either way; they'll spend the necessary amount of time required to fix it, regardless of the positive or negative feedback from us.

Honestly, when I logged in earlier and saw the interface errors, like items on the CM for negative seven quintillion CC, the silliness of it kinda softened the blow of the downtime that followed.

Don't they have like a test server they could try this out on first? Also maybe they should roll their patches out at like 1am PST instead of 6 am PST just a thought. But I am not surprised it has taken them six years to figure out that oh wait they still can't patch the game without breaking it never mind my bad. Well back to work lol I do not know why I am even commenting on this it does not affect my daily nerd fix anyway for another 4 hours.

Writing game code for this program is not easy, how many times do they get they get it right?

more often then not, and the fue times they missed something in the code, and then have to go back over the work that they did over the last week is a letdown to the guys/gals work. And I'm sure they feel they let you the customer down also, so give them a brake, they do work hard, so AGAIN, THANKS for the hard work... ;)

....SNIP....

for taking the time to get the game right,

....SNIP......

If only they had taken the time to do that before they put the patch out and the patch to fix the previous patch.

But no. In their zealous stride to close a loophole, they screwed up and didn't take the time to do it right the first or second time.

Maybe third times the charm since they have all this time on their hands.

OMG, someone else who uses the word "frell" in conversation :D ...

By the yotz, you're hanging with the wrong crowd.

I have a warrior named after a certain Skarran emperor.

I have another warrior named after a certain Bioloid redhead.

I have a Miraluka Sorceress named after a 3 eyed witch.

:p

Edited by docbenwayddo

By the yotz, you're hanging with the wrong crowd.

I have a warrior named after a certain Skarran emperor.

I have another warrior named after a certain Bioloid redhead.

I have a Miraluka Sorceress named after a 3 eyed witch.

:p

Quite some time back, I went to a new server just for the sole purpose of making Farscape characters on it. If/when the servers come back up, I"ll have to see if they're still there.

I agree with OP; no matter how much things may go wrong with the patch releases, there are people working behind the game, trying to do their best. I hope they can manage to fix this problem, so that we may play the game again for the rest of the week.

I agree with OP; no matter how much things may go wrong with the patch releases, there are people working behind the game, trying to do their best. I hope they can manage to fix this problem, so that we may play the game again for the rest of the week.

I do feel for those guys. They've got a pretty thankless job sometimes (or often?) I think.

I'm with the OP on this. Things go wrong. Bad things happen. That's life. I don't cope with things at all. AT. ALL. Yet it's amazing to see what flares up over bugs, downtime and devs. People seem to thrive on it. Because humans aren't allowed to just do their jobs which may or may not encounter further problems. Nevermind. It'll be up eventually. :jawa_redface:

I'm with the OP on this. Things go wrong. Bad things happen. That's life. I don't cope with things at all. AT. ALL. Yet it's amazing to see what flares up over bugs, downtime and devs. People seem to thrive on it. Because humans aren't allowed to just do their jobs which may or may not encounter further problems. Nevermind. It'll be up eventually. :jawa_redface:

I agree.

While nobody likes the idea of a problem that forces the servers off line for hours... the reality is that this MMO actually does patch pretty well overall. There have really only been a handful of times over the years when we as players have had to deal with this sort of issue with a patch.

But negative narrators will ignore the rather good patching history of this MMO and focus only the current crisis. After all, these are not strategic thinkers, but rather drive-by provocateurs.

Edited by Andryah