Derelict Lightsaber: Freakishly Big?

G-Seven

yeah like most ppl said alrdy.... finally they made saber that looks awsome and then they messed up with scale .... wielding 2 of those as my sentinel is rly ridiculous

can we plz have some reply/info that u are looking into it

At a minimum, a 25-30% reduction in overall length and thickness would be a significant improvement.

Love the vintage saber, but I cannot use it on any of my body type 2 characters. Personally, the less proportional an item is to the character, the more cartoonish this game feels and less like stylized realism.

Down with the cartoonism! It works for World of Warcraft, but not SWTOR (imo).

Edited by G-Seven

Here's hoping they'll fix the scaling. Though the double-bladed Gree saber still doesn't scale down properly when sheathed. So I'm not going to hold my breath or anything.

hilt is not the problem.. but the blade .... it's bigger than other models

I checked the GTN over the weekend on Harbinger and Shadowlands and these sabers are going for as low as 2k. That's pitiful for a CM Pack saber, even more so for one that has such a cool design and reduces the yellow in the standard Green saber blades, making them more like those in the films.

Fix the scale and these might actually sell.

:cool:

Going to toss my support behind the rescaling of this as well. It severely needs it. Easily one of the best hilt models in the game.

I grabbed up about 7 of them on Shadowlands for 3-5k a pop in the hopes of them getting rescaled soon - and they're just sitting in my bank.. waiting to be useful.

If this were to happen, this would be my new go to hilt for all of my force sensitive characters.

Please, Bioware. Make this happen.

I checked the GTN over the weekend on Harbinger and Shadowlands and these sabers are going for as low as 2k. That's pitiful for a CM Pack saber, even more so for one that has such a cool design and reduces the yellow in the standard Green saber blades, making them more like those in the films.

Fix the scale and these might actually sell.

:cool:

Actually its not selling because it's just a big lightsaber hilt, and doesn't do anything cool. It's about the same price as all of the other Sabers that don't have nifty effects on them.

It looks great on the bigger body size characters.

Edited by Maelael

• 2 weeks later...
Actually its not selling because it's just a big lightsaber hilt, and doesn't do anything cool. It's about the same price as all of the other Sabers that don't have nifty effects on them.

It looks great on the bigger body size characters.

Add awful sound effects.

I have a Light Side Sith Juggernaut cyborg BT1 girl, and recently gave her this. If the hilarity of her punyness threatening to eat people and spit out their bones isn't enough, its how she swings that makes her saber look like a baseball bat!

I'm gonna try getting the 2x bladed version for my shadowsins and lets see if this makes them look like freaking Gundams.

Edited by MeisterBabylon

• 7 years later...
Great model, but it looks like the perfect lightsaber for a Jedi who is overcompensating for certain anatimomical deficiencies!

Try it out on a body type 2 character and compare it to other models. This must be an unintentional coding/design flaw.

:csw_jabbapet:

There are few SWTOR weapons that I don't like. I'm fine with the derelict series the way it is.

Great model, but it looks like the perfect lightsaber for a Jedi who is overcompensating for certain anatimomical deficiencies!

Try it out on a body type 2 character and compare it to other models. This must be an unintentional coding/design flaw.

:csw_jabbapet:

That's the reason I dont buy any new Cartel Market hilts.

Another one is that every new CC lightsaber got very slim laser color beam.

Compare 1-50 level quest lightabers/Thexan Lightsaber/Blade Master VERSUS for example Tempted Apprentice - love hilt but its looks like toothpick.

They only lightsaber I bought last time was Vaylin Lightsaber. Old good beam and nice hilt, not oversized.