Darkness Assassin guide - Kre’a, anyone?

TrixxieTriss

I’ve never played darkness and have zero idea how to play it, what the rotations are or any of that other stuff. I’ll probably want to play it as part dps/tank. I don’t have the inclination to play it as a pure tank

I’m wondering if Kre’a or someone else is thinking of doing a darkness guide like the other ones for deception and hatred.

The only reason I’m actually asking is the stupid game only keeps dropping darkness set bonus stuff for me. I’ve got 2 sets that are just sitting there and deconstructing gives 4 tech frags :( So I thought I’d try and get some use out of them.

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’ve never played darkness and have zero idea how to play it, what the rotations are or any of that other stuff. I’ll probably want to play it as part dps/tank. I don’t have the inclination to play it as a pure tank

I’m wondering if Kre’a or someone else is thinking of doing a darkness guide like the other ones for deception and hatred.

The only reason I’m actually asking is the stupid game only keeps dropping darkness set bonus stuff for me. I’ve got 2 sets that are just sitting there and deconstructing gives 4 tech frags :( So I thought I’d try and get some use out of them.

Any help would be appreciated

For PvP Dark Knell, Resistive Armoring, and rest dps mods and enhancements.

https://vulkk.com/2019/03/30/swtor-assassin-darkness-guide/

maybe not the best for pvp but at least give you a start

Thanks, I’ll give it a look.

Edit : I was really hoping for a 6.x guide. It seems Vullk has gone afk with swtor. And now Dulfy is gone, where does one find guides these days?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Pretty sure I read or heard Krea gonna do darkness guide soon. But as a spec, it’s fun to play. I like to play it kinda like operative healer in the way it’s a more pro-active choice of the 3 tank specs as is op for healers, just in my (probably incorrect) opinion anyway.

Death Knell for darkness??

Yes Darth Knell, You dont use tank stats in PvP at all. You Go completely offensively while maintaining the base amount of shield/absorb and defensive rating. The goal of the spec is to get as much health as possible, and then stack power crit, and get to tier 1 alacrity. As it currently stands tanks don't do enough DPS to kill anything before dying themselves. All the control in the world won't help you cap a node and in ranked it's even worse apparently per Kr'eas assessment.

Yes Darth Knell, You dont use tank stats in PvP at all. You Go completely offensively while maintaining the base amount of shield/absorb and defensive rating. The goal of the spec is to get as much health as possible, and then stack power crit, and get to tier 1 alacrity. As it currently stands tanks don't do enough DPS to kill anything before dying themselves. All the control in the world won't help you cap a node and in ranked it's even worse apparently per Kr'eas assessment.

Isn’t the set bonus only usable on deception?

I do understand the dps stats on the tank for pvp, but why wouldn’t you use one of the generic set bonuses out there and maybe some of the amp set?

Isn’t the set bonus only usable on deception?

I do understand the dps stats on the tank for pvp, but why wouldn’t you use one of the generic set bonuses out there and maybe some of the amp set?

Nope Darth knell just requires you to pop force potency. And reduce it cd. Which on a tank is both a offensive and deffenive cd

The only other set that might work is Amplified Champ set with nothing but armor piercing amps

Edited by allexj

I've been "skanking" for a few years, sin and jugg, dps set for deception has always worked on darkness, still works today. For pvp, get a full Death Knell set with dps relics and implants/ear. Dont waste your stats on putting any defs there. The only thing you should have on is your offhand shield, with dps mods/stats.

It takes time and skill to play it good. Thats why you dont see often good tank sins in pvp. Jugg tank is brain dead easy on the other hand, compared to sin tank.