Heroic Boarding Party

Finished it fast but I only did it when I was heavily over-leveled for it.

Got a few good drops. If the flashpoint has chests with green or red circles on them you need to finish the encounter the first time(no wiping) or the chest will be un-openable.

You won't get loot if any of them are glitched and you don't kill all 4.

It was challenging with the first group of friends I did it with, we realized the biggest challenge with it is levels.

Make SURE you're level 25 and everyone in your group is as well.

That makes a significant impact.

After our first victory, it's been easy ever since.

Our tactic is such:

Have an OT, MT, Healer, DPS.

The OT Should ALWAYS have one of them on him.

Marauder dies first, he doesn't hold aggro and is a jerk to healers! ):<

Inquisitor dies second, he's squishy but hurts.

Next comes a choice.

We dropped the BH to 3k health first, and then just destroyed the agent (it's squishy), that way when the BH becomes stronger and is the last one we don't have much to go..

Even while fighting the Marauder the OT should have the next target on him.

This way the tank is doing their job by being a distracting sponge without taking TOO MUCH damage..

Marauder = Dead.

The Inquisitor should be on the OT, that's who you focus on next.

After the Inquisitor is dead, depending on what you'd like to do next the OT should take one of them.

The rest is fairly simple.

Good luck!

Oh..

And..

Replace the imperial classes with the appropriate republic classes if you're an imperial scum :p

Edited by Zamm

Guys, he's talking about heroic, not normal!

You need to be 50 to do it on heroic!

There's REALLY a heroic?

Not even 50 yet, but I imagine the tactic isn't much different.

The boarding party is easily LOSable, but if done wrong it will glitch them..

Edited by Zamm

Why can't people read the thread before replying and realize he is talking about Boarding Party the dungeon, not the encounter in Mandalorian Raiders, and that its a Hardmode version.

Anyway, I've done in beta by kiting the chief officer to the start of the instance and back, which allowed the team to kill medic / commander easily, but as people have said before, it gives no loot.

Otherwise it just feels like a very very stringent healing / dps check.

Yeah, the last boss I'm assuming you are having trouble with? It was tough but doable with a good group.

We killed the sword guy(security chief i think) followed by the commander, then the medic.

The only real problem is the massive amount of damage the Commander does to everyone with his random grenade launcher. Everyone needs to be at 31+distance, out of the launcher range, except the tank, only the tank should be getting hit.

Lure the security chief over, kill him, then everyone zerg the commander, tank can interrupt the healer if he's good, inquis should be popping bubbles on everyone, even if he's DPS. Took many tries but this works if you are good enough.

Obviously after Commander is dead, medic is cake, even though he may enrage.. still manageable.

We have just completed this HC flash point it was hard i was healing, alot of aoe healing the last boss tactics is to kill the healer first then the main boss then the other one who casts a shield on the main boss, we tried doing it like kill healer then the shield generating dude but the main boss was nuking us for alot of damage was hard but we pulled through it after wiping for about 45mins. lastly we couldnt loot the chest after the boss, bug of course but we ticketed and hopefully they can resolve the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like you have to 1 shot the boss or no loot.

This may have been fixed in a sneaky-patch. It actually surprised my team earlier when we were doing this and wiped once. We whooped the second time and the chest spawned. Now according to dev commentary this was to be in a future patch (Wednesday) where dying to this encounter would no longer rip you off loot - which could of been done this morning for all we know. Columi chest and I got my gloves as a Jugg, GG.