Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

Vitas

I hope someday we will see ithorians as playable one, cause they can speak basic,i think only issue with them will be: creating new sets of armors and flirt restrictions.

P:S: I think every spieces deserve to be in this game, but maybe with some class binding,without legacy unlocking for all classes.

Edited by Dzan

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope someday we will see ithorians as playable one, cause they can speak basic,i think only issue with them will be: creating new sets of armors and flirt restrictions.

P:S: I think every spieces deserve to be in this game, but maybe with some class binding,without legacy unlocking for all classes.

There have been some instances where Ithorians have spoken basic, the Phantom Menace Video Game is one, but o most other occasions they've only been able to with the help of a translator. Of course implementing them is the hardest step as they would need to make the gear appear on them properly, or maybe hardly at all like on Broomark, and to make them unable to romance any of the companions. Still any step closer to making them playable is a positive gain.

Still any step closer to making them playable is a positive gain.

Agreed.

I just dont like the way developers say us, that it is hard to do or it is not possible, cause they create that game and we already saw those spieces in the game.Yes non-human spieces are hard to make playable,but near-human spieces(Niktos,Kel'dors,Devaronians,Mon Calamari),only problems with them is that Bioware need to create new sets of faces for them.

P:S: If their character creator had sliders it would be much easier to implement them.

P:P:S:And if MMO supports modding we already have those spieces.

P:P:P:S:And after year of playing this game i still love it,so i hope one day we will see most of those spieces or a deep character creator or maybe another star wars mmo mades by LucasArts themselves.Only time will tell.

Edited by Dzan

Does it amaze anyone else that this thread like so many others about playable species gets no dev attention to advise what the current development thought on additional playable species is. I hate to say it but I am losing faith with TOR and use to believe if they added Kel'dor or Trandosan or Gran I wpuld sub till they shut down the severs am now wondering if I wil still be around when they manage to add their first new species Cathar, Edited by Izorii

no dev attention to advise what the current development thought on additional playable species is.

They've stated that plainly before: new species will be considered once they see how well the cathar do. So, the future expansion of the species roster is fairly dependent on people ponying up the cash for cathar. If the cathar meet some criterion they set, then they'll consider more species to design.

I would pay $100 worth of Cartel Coins to be able to play as a Gamorrean. The Gamorrean Guard was my first toy I ever bought with my own money and my favorite thing to play with for years as a child. He always killed all my other Star Wars/GIJoe/Transformers.

Please... I must have him...

They've stated that plainly before: new species will be considered once they see how well the cathar do. So, the future expansion of the species roster is fairly dependent on people ponying up the cash for cathar. If the cathar meet some criterion they set, then they'll consider more species to design.

I'm interested to see how Cathar will be available. Whilst they haven't confirmed how it will be accessible, I'm hoping it will be free to Subscribers but purchasable through the Cartel Market for F2P and Prefered status players like other species choices. I think making it free for subscribers would definitely help encourage some to acquire a subscription and help the sub numbers to slowly rise again.

I'm interested to see how Cathar will be available. Whilst they haven't confirmed how it will be accessible, I'm hoping it will be free to Subscribers but purchasable through the Cartel Market for F2P and Prefered status players like other species choices. I think making it free for subscribers would definitely help encourage some to acquire a subscription and help the sub numbers to slowly rise again.

It was overtly stated in a recent interview that they would be Cartel Market exclusive.

I hate to say it but I am losing faith with TOR and use to believe if they added Kel'dor or Trandosan or Gran I wpuld sub till they shut down the severs am now wondering if I wil still be around when they manage to add their first new species Cathar,

In any case if even you quit playing tor for sometime it will be good, cause you won't be worry about such questions like spieces and others, but try to enjoy game while you there, try not to think about all that just have fun and relax:i_wink:

P:S: Hope one day we will see new guild Alien Academy with only aliens members(and i mean not human recolors):mon_cool:

P:P:S: If not see ya in Clone Wars Adventures :i_wink::mon_rolleyes:

Edited by Dzan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to see Togruta, Cathar, and maybe Nautolans running around.

But I would pay ALL THE MONIES to be a Togruta in this game! I was actually really disappointed, and surprised, to see that they weren't a playable race when I first started this game.. I feel like they are one of the most visually stunning, both anatomically and aesthetically, species the series had. I figured BioWare would have jumped on the opportunity to make something like that; but guess not. :(

If they are ever going to make an update with new species.. for the love of all things holy!; please, please, PLEASE let it be these guys.

Edited by Lazria

It would be nice to see Togruta, Cathar, and maybe Nautolans running around.

But I would pay ALL THE MONIES to be a Togruta in this game! I was actually really disappointed, and surprised, to see that they weren't a playable race when I first started this game.. I feel like they are one of the most visually stunning, both anatomically and aesthetically, species the series had. I figured BioWare would have jumped on the opportunity to make something like that; but guess not. :(

If they are ever going to make an update with new species.. for the love of all things holy!; please, please, PLEASE let it be these guys.

Cathar are going to be available in Rise of the Hutt Cartel if I'm not mistaken.

Togruta are awesome. Totally will switch to them if they will be introduced. Inspired by Ahsoka Tano from Clone Wars, I love this race. What do you think of Togruta classes? In the first post of the thread, it is stated that they are suggested to be both Jedi Knights and Consulars. Playing as a Sith through legacy system is interesting option.

Cathar are going to be available in Rise of the Hutt Cartel if I'm not mistaken.

Togruta are awesome. Totally will switch to them if they will be introduced. Inspired by Ahsoka Tano from Clone Wars, I love this race. What do you think of Togruta classes? In the first post of the thread, it is stated that they are suggested to be both Jedi Knights and Consulars. Playing as a Sith through legacy system is interesting option.

I don't believe it's been officially stated whether Cathar will be included in the expansion or not. As of now, it has only been confirmed to be a Cartel Market unlock. Personally I think players would be more favourable towards the idea of a new playable species available with an expansion pack rather than as a seperate purchase since that has been the tradition with most MMO expansions.

Edited by Vitas

The two I have been really wanting, but now know will never happen, are Ithorian, I would make a shadow, and a Trandoshan, which would be a Vanguard.

Edit, forgot an important, and has a slight chance of actually happening, the favored Togruta.

Edited by hunterraaze

The two I have been really wanting, but now know will never happen, are Ithorian, I would make a shadow, and a Trandoshan, which would be a Vanguard.

Edit, forgot an important, and has a slight chance of actually happening, the favored Togruta.

Never say never. There's a lot of pontential with each species and there are many different ways as to how they could implement them. Of course they're currently not on the top of the list but it's possible at some point in the future they could start working on them. Trandoshans especially are able to speak basic and whilst Ithorians aren't able to speak basic (although there have been some inconsistencies), they could still be able to use basic for their dialogue.

Edited by Vitas

whilst Ithorians aren't able to speak basic (although there have been some inconsistencies), they could still be able to use basic for their dialogue.

Abroad, Ithorians integrated well with the Galactic community. Their own language was incredibly beautiful, yet difficult to learn, as the Ithorians had twin mouths on opposite sides of their necks. Fortunately, they could speak Basic, albeit with a strange accent.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ithorian

As you say never say never:i_wink:

I would say the only issue we have with Ithorians and Trandoshans would be clipping issues with gear. I would have originally said there might be an issue with story but a Cathar Imperial Bounty hunter or Sith Warrior is far more lore and story breaking than a Trandoshan Bounty hunter or Ithroian Sith Warrior.

It would probably spend the money to open the togruta race for all classes. That is how much I love them.

I really like the cat-like qualities of the Cathar, they're very elegant. and i would definitely make a character with the race. I'm just surprised that there was not a lot of race diversity, all the races they chose were pretty simple.