Biochem: now just for alts!

Eddizel

Let me get this straight, biochem has to be nerfed because too many players feel forced to take it to compete in endgame, pressure from guilds to have it or not be allowed to participate in endgame operations or pvp right?

So now this "fix" will cause the exact opposite to occur. Serious players and guilds will demand that people NOT have biochem, as you will now be gimping yourself if you do.

Taking away the small stat bonus on rakata/stims and adrenals means that biochem will no longer be endgame viable, as anyone with a brain will switch to an armor crafting skill so that they can have the BIS belts/bracers, or artifice for relics (if they hadn't already leveled these up, crafted the items, and then rerolled biochem).

Biochem will be seen as the "lazy" skill, only useful for saving money, and it will be frowned upon by serious players.

It will only be for alts, who will get the exotech patterns and supply mains with stims/adrenals better then rakata, and to make money on the GTN. Rakata being reusable doesn't justify keeping biochem for a serious endgame player, the minor stat bonuses over exotech did.

This is all just stupid stupid stupid!

Endgame players will take whichever skill offers the best stat perk, don't swing the pendulum completely the other way Bioware and force every serious player to drop biochem!

TLDR - Make exotech patterns actually work, good first step. Make them usable by anybody so that biochemists can sell them and people won't feel forced to be biochem. Leave us our small stat perk over exotech with our rakata so that we have a reason to keep biochem, or else we will drop for an armor craft. Buff the other skills that offer ZERO endgame perks, such as armstech. Balance your damn endgame crafting perks and stop the pendulum nerfing that will just kill biochem............except for alts!

Edited by Eddizel

Yep BW is failing hard in the crafting department. These changes are not helping in the slightest. Instead they should be introducing reusuables for every profession causing players to think hard about which reusuable they want the most. Boots that have a sprint, gadget that can battle rez other players, etc. Instead its not even worth picking up a crafting skill at all might as well get 3 gathering skills to supply those who don't pay enough attention to know its pointless to skill up crafting. I actually suspect this is why they are nerfing gathering in this patch too.

There does seem to be a lot of fumbling around from Bioware with regards to Crew Skills.

I wish they would just make Rakata implants the bonus for being biochem, and allow the reusable "consumables" to be traded and sold.

I'm amazed that game developers still include money/mat grinds for consumables in this day and age of mmo development.

I'm even more amazed that players still tolerate it.

I suppose the latter explains the former.

Why can't they just buff the other professions to be on par with biochem?

I guess nerfing 1 is easier and takes less time than reworking all the other :(

yeah probably because theyre having a hard time finding a fix on the warzone not counting win bug lol.

Let me get this straight, biochem has to be nerfed because too many players feel forced to take it to compete in endgame, pressure from guilds to have it or not be allowed to participate in endgame operations or pvp right?

So now this "fix" will cause the exact opposite to occur. Serious players and guilds will demand that people NOT have biochem, as you will now be gimping yourself if you do.

Taking away the small stat bonus on rakata/stims and adrenals means that biochem will no longer be endgame viable, as anyone with a brain will switch to an armor crafting skill so that they can have the BIS belts/bracers.

Biochem will be seen as the "lazy" skill, only useful for saving money, and it will be frowned upon by serious players.

It will only be for alts, who will get the exotech patterns and supply mains with stims/adrenals equal to rakata, and to make money on the GTN. Rakata being reusable doesn't justify keeping biochem for a serious endgame player, the minor stat bonuses over exotech did.

This is all just stupid stupid stupid!

Endgame players will take whichever skill offers the best stat perk, don't swing the pendulum completely the other way Bioware and force every serious player to drop biochem!

TLDR - Make exotech patterns actually work, good first step. Make them usable by anybody so that biochemists can sell them and people won't feel forced to be biochem. Leave us our small stat perk over exotech with our rakata so that we have a reason to keep biochem, or else we will drop for an armor craft. Buff the other skills that offer ZERO endgame perks, such as armstech. Balance your damn endgame crafting perks and stop the pendulum nerfing that will just kill biochem............except for alts!

That has to be the biggest load of raging bullpoo I've seen on this forum in a while.

Guilds will be DEMANDING not to be biochem? Dude, ****.

That has to be the biggest load of raging bullpoo I've seen on this forum in a while.

Guilds will be DEMANDING not to be biochem? Dude, ****.

This is the main reason for the nerf.

You are required to be biochem right now in my guild for raiding and premade pvp.

After this nerf, I fully expect my guild and many other endgame raiding guilds to require raiders and applicants to NOT be biochem, and to make sure they have a skill that offers a raiding perk.

Much in the way many raiding guilds in WOW required you to have 2 crafting professions and no gathering professions because they offered subpar raid buffs.

I agree with the changes.

If permanent stims were available to all people no one would buy the consumable stims. After a few months the market would be flooded with permanent low level stims and a few months more the market would be flooded with the permanent rakata stims.

The benefit to having Biochem is not having to constantly buy or make your own personal stims. This means you can use them every time they go into cooldown, even rotate which ones you want to use for the 15 second combat buff and all that with an extremely low one time cost to produce.

I have biochem on all my serious characters for one reason, the Rakata versions, even if exactly the same as the blue consumables will give me a larger DPS gain over because I will not be conservative on using my stims.

Taking away the small stat bonus on rakata/stims and adrenals means that biochem will no longer be endgame viable, as anyone with a brain will switch to an armor crafting skill so that they can have the BIS belts/bracers.

sorry... but what?? the rakata bracers/belts do not require armormech/synthweaving to WEAR, any guild that is anal enough to REQUIRE biochem for applicants/members should have required you to already go armormech/synthweaving, heck even artificing, to get your "BIS" belt/bracer/relic(s) before swapping to biochem, considering how cheap and fast swapping tradeskills is. nor is hardmode/nightmare mode difficult enough in this game to require any one tradeskill.

there should be no absolute headrunner for tradeskills - biochem is very much "viable" it's just not the only option now.

sorry... but what?? the rakata bracers/belts do not require armormech/synthweaving to WEAR, any guild that is anal enough to REQUIRE biochem for applicants/members should have required you to already go armormech/synthweaving, heck even artificing, to get your "BIS" belt/bracer/relic(s) before swapping to biochem, considering how cheap and fast swapping tradeskills is. nor is hardmode/nightmare mode difficult enough in this game to require any one tradeskill.

there should be no absolute headrunner for tradeskills - biochem is very much "viable" it's just not the only option now.

I guess you are right. It has just been one big reroll fest and now they are taking away the one skill that offered endgame perks. I guess crafting skills all just became equally worthless once you have gotten what you needed from them. Pretty much all just a giant letdown.

You are right, now that biochem offers no advantage, and you don't need to keep the others once you have crafted the BIS items, they are all equally viable, because they are all equally useless.

Don't remind me about the hardmode/nightmare content, ugh, maybe I am just fooling myself that this game will grow into anything fun for a hardcore type player.

Giving benefit of the doubt since game just launched and the focus was on the leveling experience. Still crossing my fingers for ranked/rated pvp and whatever the next tier of raid content brings, but losing hope fast......

If permanent stims were available to all people no one would buy the consumable stims. After a few months the market would be flooded with permanent low level stims and a few months more the market would be flooded with the permanent rakata stims.

The benefit to having Biochem is not having to constantly buy or make your own personal stims. This means you can use them every time they go into cooldown, even rotate which ones you want to use for the 15 second combat buff and all that with an extremely low one time cost to produce.

I have biochem on all my serious characters for one reason, the Rakata versions, even if exactly the same as the blue consumables will give me a larger DPS gain over because I will not be conservative on using my stims.

I don't think you get it, your rakata will now be worse then the consumed exotech stims/adrenals. Sure you could use the rakata ones to continue to save money, but you will be gimping yourself. The only benefit biochem will continue to offer is financially, but money in this game is pretty much just lol.

i can't see what you crying about. some players already did that - first grenadetech, then drop it and roll armortech/whatevertech to get your critted best-in-slot belt/bracers and then drop it for biochem. there is no reason for them to drop biochem now because of this "nerf".

what should be done is make all profession's bonuses to require profession to use/wear them (just like grenade and medpacks/stims/adrenals) so you can't just drop armortech and take that one crew skill that forces you to have it to get its benefits.

OP is obviously crying too much instead of asking friends how he could max out his stats with available crewskills.

Edited by heilhead

its cool, ill just switch to Cybertech now. GG

What they should do is make pvp only stims.. and

make every craft have their epic thats advantageous over non crafted items..usable by only their craft.... so you see biochem loses a little vs others but saves money still....making it viable..but now its worse than tradable even...its silly to have it at all in that case.

So why doesn't the same hold true for all of the other crafting skills? Is it a problem that armor/weapons/mods made by other crew skills are "permanent"? Will the market be flooded with permanent armor and weapons? Isn't it already?

The benefit to having Biochem is not having to constantly buy or make your own personal stims.

Currently, this is true. And it is also the entire problem with Biochem. Make Rakata implants the Biochem benefit and solve the problem.

Its kind of funny that people will willingly except having to continually grind mats/money for consumables, but if you made them grind 4 or 5 new equipment pieces for each raid/warzone, there would be absolute hell to pay.

I find that fascinating.

I think its because we mentally categorize them as "consumables" and then accept that they aren't permanent. But how arbitrary is that? What makes them fundamentally different than any other piece of equipment?

Heck.. the mats required for a single stim are comparable to a piece of equipment.

So why doesn't the same hold true for all of the other crafting skills? Is it a problem that armor/weapons/mods made by other crew skills are "permanent"? Will the market be flooded with permanent armor and weapons? Isn't it already?

Currently, this is true. And it is also the entire problem with Biochem. Make Rakata implants the Biochem benefit and solve the problem.

Its kind of funny that people will willingly except having to continually grind mats/money for consumables, but if you made them grind 4 or 5 new equipment pieces for each raid/warzone, there would be absolute hell to pay.

I find that fascinating.

I think its because we mentally categorize them as "consumables" and then accept that they aren't permanent. But how arbitrary is that? What makes them fundamentally different than any other piece of equipment?

Heck.. the mats required for a single stim are comparable to a piece of equipment.

./agree. shouldve just made a 'stim slot' and an 'adrenal slot' and then made it so that biochem made items that go in them (and of course, items could drop for them).

personally i'd have had these 2 slots instead of the existing implant slots, as i think having a pair of main-lined stim injectors into your bloodstream is more interesting :p

So the mass switching to bio was a bad idea... Who would have thought that would happen... Oh wait maybe that its why I never switched my profession.

This was predictable, if anyone was caught off-guard by this I would be shocked.

I remember people specifically saying that everyone who switches to Bio will be pissed when they nerf it into the ground. BW has metrics people so when they see a mass influx of people taking the only professoin that gives permanent reusable stat boosts they are going to nerf it. It's still a very good profession to have no matter what, you could always go Armstech if you want a worthless profession.

LOL your crafting professions will make or break the raid, L2P!!! seriously, Endgame raids have been for the most part a joke, and with out meters to gauge dps or hps, gl trying to prove stims are better than BiS belts or anything of that nature. Quit the QQ and get on with the pewpew. If youve spend so much time on your toon that BW MUST fix a balance issue, reroll or get lost. Patches dont just magically happen.

I have not seen sooo much whining about a trade skill ever except maybe in the early days of WoW when those skills sucked also.

Everyone here complaining is acting like the way the skill is, right now, in the game, less than 2 months in, is the way the skill(s) will be/remain forever ....

Personally, I think the ones bouncing around in tradeskills trying to get those couple of BiS (currently) items are silly to begin with because the skills will change, have more stuff added to them, changed again, etc ... over the next several months/years. Hell, WoW is 7 years old and they still make changes to the tradeskills and how they work (and yes, that means nerfing some items, increasing others ...)

My main has artifice, it blows (other than the 2 relics). I haven't changed because the game is new, the skills are new, it will change, it will grow and, as with biochem, the way it is now will probably not be the same way it is in 6 months/1 year.