No craftable willpower shield generators.

Khaliro

This needs to be fixed asap. Shadow and assassin tanks have no shield generators that artifice can craft. I have seen post on this issue dating back weeks and weeks now, and yet it looks as if bioware either doesn't know or more likely doesn't care.

I am experiencing this 'bug' more and more since I'm getting near to 50 - using a balance/kinetic hybrid spec started with balance I wasn't in much need of a shield generator for my shadow up til I got kinetic ward.

It was then I finally realized I - as skilled in artifice - wasn't able to craft a willpower based shield generator - with 1 or 2 exceptions out of schematics.

I started to search through the forums learning that this might be a 'bug' or rather some remains from the beta were tanking shadows seemed to be strength-based. (Don't ask me in particular since I haven't played the beta :( )

What drives me now is the question whether this will be fixed by adding/redesigning trainable recipes or will consist this way due to game balance.

During my 'investigations' I wasn't able to find any developer's feedback about this topic - neither in any threads nor in the dev tracker - so if anyone has official news or even better a member of the developers team would deign to reply to this matter it would make me a very happy man. ;)

Thanks a lot!

i found a pattern for a blue one for level 37 on the market, so there might be a pattern out there somewhere. I reverse engineered it to a crit redoubt and have been using it from 37 to 47 but my alt is closing in on 50 and I keep searching the market for 49 or 50 schematics in artifice and there's never anything in artifice at all, lol, guess my level 37 was a lucky find. Patterns exist but they sure seem rare. Maybe there are bop patterns in hm flashpoints, have seen them for synthweaving assassin helm and biochem implant so far.

In the meantime, on my Shadow, should I keep equipped a much-outdated-by-levels shield with willpower, or should I make Redoubt shields with strength/power with my Artificer and use those instead? I know the Strength won't help me much and people might think I am retarded for gearing wrong, but what do you suggest I equip?

In the meantime, on my Shadow, should I keep equipped a much-outdated-by-levels shield with willpower, or should I make Redoubt shields with strength/power with my Artificer and use those instead? I know the Strength won't help me much and people might think I am retarded for gearing wrong, but what do you suggest I equip?

The strength does not help you much but the force power from the shield will help you a bit. You just need to compare the overall force stat before and after and choose what you want. You can see the doll sheet. If the critical loss is too much and force damage gain is insignificant. stick with the low level willpower. You will get plenty of willpower green shield drop once in a while. You can also replace them using the commendation.

Edited by ryancwn

Yep, this issue is effectively a nerf to kinetic shadows.

Str only adds to melee, it does nothing to force powers like project, which is a major part of Kinetic build DPS.

I've bugged it, hope everyone else /bug's it too. Only way to get it on their list.

Edited by GloamingLeuceti

i found a pattern for a blue one for level 37 on the market, so there might be a pattern out there somewhere. I reverse engineered it to a crit redoubt and have been using it from 37 to 47 but my alt is closing in on 50 and I keep searching the market for 49 or 50 schematics in artifice and there's never anything in artifice at all, lol, guess my level 37 was a lucky find. Patterns exist but they sure seem rare. Maybe there are bop patterns in hm flashpoints, have seen them for synthweaving assassin helm and biochem implant so far.

Yeah I also found that lvl 37 schematic on GTN, a while earlier I found a lvl 25 schematic as well. Nothing before or after though, seems like those 2 are the only ones that exist. Haven't tried REing that 37 shield yet, maybe I should as it seems like it's the highest one out there (bar the commendation one).

• 2 weeks later...