NiM Loot Issue / Update

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I have a few updates to pass on regarding the current issues with Nightmare Loot Drops. First, we discovered there is a bug with the percentage chance of a 224 rated item dropping in any of our Nightmare Operations. We plan to address this when we release Chapter 10 (Game Update 4.1) scheduled in February. If we are able to address it sooner, I’ll pass along an update.

Aside from that, we realized that we need to make a correction to our Operations and Flashpoints in Fallen Empire blog. Currently it states the following:

Nightmare Mode will also be available for all the Operations that had it previously, and will reward the same as the highlighted Hard Mode, as well as the unique mounts and titles available currently.

This statement is in error and needs to be corrected. When running a Nightmare Operation, there is a chance that a 224 item can drop, but it is not a guaranteed drop like the highlighted Hard Mode is. Nightmare Mode Operations will still drop their unique mounts and titles, and once fixed there is a chance to get 224 gear from them. It is by design that the best and most consistent way to gear up in Operations is to run the highlighted Hard Mode each week. Although they did certainly want to make sure there was a chance for greater reward from Nightmare!

We apologize for any confusion and will make sure that the blog is updated to reflect the correct information. I will pass on any further updates as I have them.

Thanks.

-eric

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Why shouldn't it be a guaranteed drop? If it's not guaranteed then it's useless for gearing up. Why force the NiM community to do highlighted HM? Do you want people to quit or what?

I'm fine with people that can't do NiM being able to get the gear through alternative means but this is just stupid. Who thought this was a good idea?

It is by design that the best and most consistent way to gear up in Operations is to run the highlighted Hard Mode each week. Although they did certainly want to make sure there was a chance for greater reward from Nightmare!

Could you expand on this design decision please? Short explanation or something because people who typically used to run nightmare now have the choice of doing something easy for better rewards or doing something harder for less rewards? It just seems odd and means that the guilds which were focused on nim before are bleeding members even more than previously. Some of us do play the game for the story but we also play it for interactions with friends we have developed and completing the hardest content by working together but you have removed the incentive for the latter.

Edited by g_land

How does this make any sense? If a guild choose to spend the extra time and effort to do a nightmare ops, why shouldn't they get the best raid loot from it rather than doing brain dead targeted hardmode ops every week?

Oh boy. This is going to go down even worse than the companion debuff fiasco. This is probably the worst thing the devs have done in the 4 years of the game. Not only the decision to not have NiM drop 224, but not even bothering to fix the current drop rate until February?

:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

I assume the reasoning is to keep 224 somewhat grindy to achieve. If you had as many opportunites to get 224 gear per week as you do wtih 220 today (10ish Operations?) then everyone would be geared out really quickly. Kinda breaks down when you highlight KP and EV though, which you can run in 192/198 gear on 10-20 alts in a week.

That sure sounds logical, lets make the easier mode have garunteed drops but the harder one not garunteed. You guys should add 228 gear that only drops in story mode since this is your thought process now.

Better make it drop from solo mode flashpoints so those who are too afraid of people to group up can get it too.

I assume the reasoning is to keep 224 somewhat grindy to achieve. If you had as many opportunites to get 224 gear per week as you do wtih 220 today (10ish Operations?) then everyone would be geared out really quickly. Kinda breaks down when you highlight KP and EV though, which you can run in 192/198 gear on 10-20 alts in a week.

After running highlighted OPs for 4 weeks, my main character is fully 224 BiS geared and i have 5 more classes with a mix of 220/224 gear.

It's so stupidly easy to farm 224 gear by running highlighted OPs that all my toons will be BiS by the time they fix NiM drop rates...

Edited by Sindariel

As a player since beta and launch all these years, and running a guild that has raided the entire time. This has to be the most dumbfounded design decision I have EVER seen for this game.

This makes absolutely zero sense, even dulfy is having a dig at the sheer stupidity of this change.

NiM is significantly harder than highlighted 'casual' modes each week and as such should reward the best gear 100% in all of them. TBH you should be giving out 228 gear set just for NiM only so the prog raiders actually get rewarded.

What incentive is there now? nothing, none, and not even to be "fixed" until feb.

Massive let down, starting to have enough with this game after hundreds of £'s spent on it.

Edited by HuNtOziO

*** this is the most idiotic thing I've heard. It's hilarious since you removed KP and EV NiM because too easy as it is but Highlighted HM bleed your eyes to gear on the *********** easiest content in the game while NiM is lol no decent rewards.

I think you have it backwards Highligted Hm should be chance and NiM drops guarentued.

What other *********** **** will you tell us to get raiders out of the game. Whoever idea is this is a complete moron.

Hey folks,

I have a few updates to pass on regarding the current issues with Nightmare Loot Drops. First, we discovered there is a bug with the percentage chance of a 224 rated item dropping in any of our Nightmare Operations. We plan to address this when we release Chapter 10 (Game Update 4.1) scheduled in February. If we are able to address it sooner, I’ll pass along an update.

Aside from that, we realized that we need to make a correction to our Operations and Flashpoints in Fallen Empire blog. Currently it states the following:

Nightmare Mode will also be available for all the Operations that had it previously, and will reward the same as the highlighted Hard Mode, as well as the unique mounts and titles available currently.

This statement is in error and needs to be corrected. When running a Nightmare Operation, there is a chance that a 224 item can drop, but it is not a guaranteed drop like the highlighted Hard Mode is. Nightmare Mode Operations will still drop their unique mounts and titles, and once fixed there is a chance to get 224 gear from them. It is by design that the best and most consistent way to gear up in Operations is to run the highlighted Hard Mode each week. Although they did certainly want to make sure there was a chance for greater reward from Nightmare!

We apologize for any confusion and will make sure that the blog is updated to reflect the correct information. I will pass on any further updates as I have them.

Thanks.

-eric

If anything Eric it should be the other way around. NIM should be guaranteed 100% chance as the nim community puts in the extra effort of going there and bashing there heads against bosses. And hardmode should have the chance drop for 224 gear. Now with your new feature of level sync your PVE gear is useless outside operations anyway, and there is no way u can justify EV KP and HMs altogether to drop 224 when it can be done by 4 players... with ZERO effort. With NIM you NEED effort.

Yeah, the wording in the operations blog was an "error", sure thing. And the 500k threads and posts around this topic both before and after the release of fallen empire wasn't worthy of a clarification? For someone who claims "we read the forums, twitter and whatnot" you know awfully little about what troubles the community....

Nuff said

Edited by Torvai

-eric

Playing the highlighted hard modes would be the best way to gear up regardless, because they are so much easier than Nightmare modes. You're leaving your players with no incentive at all to play Nightmare modes. Titles and mounts are one time only rewards.

You've been going on about how important rewarding your players is. Nightmare raiders want nightmare loot as a reward. I'd go as far as saying it's not even fair that you have such a thing as highlighted hard modes, and only nightmare should drop BiS, but i digress. That's the reward we care about, mounts and titles are a nice bonus, but nobody cares about those anymore since everyone and their grandmothers farmed the hell out of them in the 3.x cycle, when they were pretty much as easy as story modes.

Edited by Kawabonga

Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest

anyone can explain to me, why nightmare doesn't drop 224er gear, like the highlighted hm? what kind of a weird logic is that?

anyone can explain to me, why they need about 2 month to correct an loot percentage bug?

Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest

Can't believe it took this long to get a reply. But now that we have it, can you please post more detailed loot tables? Like which percentage a 224 piece can drop in nightmare mode? And will it be the same pieces that drop in HM or a random 224 piece?

Unfortunately, I don't really understand the policy of having 224 gear drop in EV/KP HM but only a RNG drop in nightmare mode. Can you please elaborate on what is your philosophy on the gearing process? Why are you moving away from the base design principle of "more effort = better rewards"?

Also, can you please clarify what you think about the increase in ninja looting that has started with 4.0. What are your plans to address it, if at all?

What was the design decision on creating the Crystal of Nightmare Fury? Is it intended that it is bound to legacy and consumed on use?

Is it intended that gear no longer loses durability and there are no repair costs anymore? If so, I find it a good idea because that way players are less demotivated by wiping. Or is this a bug that will be fixed soon?

As long as we're still not full 224, having a small chance to get 224 gear is not enough motivation for my group to run nightmare mode. Now, if nightmare mode had a chance to drop 228 gear, that would be an entirely different situation.

For now, we will stick with highlighted hard mode to get the last couple of 224 pieces but after that, I am not sure if there's a point to run nightmare mode since we already have most of those rewards.

Edited by Jerba