Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! I think this is a fantastic step forward! Out of ALL the people working on SW:TOR, I feel that the community managers are the ones the players we should know the best. Absolutely loved how you guys included what classes you play and I'm greatly looking forward to more in-depth bios!

Nice article, it's cool to see who's actually in touch with as and year including the classes is a nice add.

It's good to see there are also some girls in the team. ^^ I've decided to like Allison for playing Jugg already.

While I'm still a bit sad to see so many people go which *may* slow the progress on SWTOR first, I've got some good hopes for this game to become even more awesome. Looking forward to read the next introductions.

Great... but we dont care who you are and what your roles in bioware are.

If you have no information regarding the future of this game, the patch notes, a short list of "things that are going live within next 30 days" or "things that will be going live within next 60 days", the entire introduction is exactly as this post - worthless.

Edited by Adderdin

If you have no information regarding the future of this game, the patch notes, a short list of "things that are going live within next 30 days" or "things that will be going live within next 60 days", the entire introduction is exactly as this post - worthless.

You're definitely entitled to your own opinion, and obviously game updates are incredibly important to all of us, but please note that we are the community team and not the development team. This blog post was meant to address the community team and new changes. We'll have more information for you regarding the game itself when we are able to share.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Very nice, and grats to Eric Musco. You came along way from hosting the Torocast podcast.

And you sure know how to talk fast,and you understand gaming on a high lvl.

But i wish you all the best(even thou you give me warnings and infractions:))

BTW get Allison to dance on the next E3 again,she knows how to party hoaa

You're definitely entitled to your own opinion, and obviously game updates are incredibly important to all of us, but please note that we are the community team and not the development team. This blog post was meant to address the community team and new changes. We'll have more information for you regarding the game itself when we are able to share.

So again what benefits do you bring, spin team I guess?

So again what benefits do you bring, spin team I guess?

Clearly, you are missing the point. Community managers, as the name implies, manage the community. They are the liaisons between us, the players, and the development team. If we want a speeder bike that hold 8 people (a personal dream of mine), we tell them and they bug the dev for us. If the dev team wants to know what playable species we want the most, they tell the community team and they ask us. They are the bridge between the worlds. I don't expect them to know when new stuff is coming out because that is not the role they play.

Some jerks in this thread. There trying to introduce them selves not give you info about 1.3 This seems awesome Ty bioware. Scoundrel FTW!!

too little too late, not much community left to manage tbh

so many things that should have been there and handled better at the start not at the start of the end

This^

Clearly, you are missing the point. Community managers, as the name implies, manage the community. They are the liaisons between us, the players, and the development team. If we want a speeder bike that hold 8 people (a personal dream of mine), we tell them and they bug the dev for us. If the dev team wants to know what playable species we want the most, they tell the community team and they ask us. They are the bridge between the worlds. I don't expect them to know when new stuff is coming out because that is not the role they play.

I was a little worried that you were going to start calling the community team your own personal speeder bike. ;)

It really remains to be seen whether this will have positive impacts if *any* impacts what so ever. We aren't guaranteed the kind of communication that the game really needs simply because they came out and threw a few names at us. While it looks good, and could end up being something that the game can really use, we may want to give it a few weeks before we crown it as the saviour of the game.

I'm expecting to read "coming soon" a lot more often, and thats about it, but we shall see.

Edited by Celebrus

Ok, so if this community team is really here to listen and do something for the community...listen up!

We really need transfers!

Put 1.3 on hold and have the whole dev team just work on that.

I plan to be here until the end, but even I'm wondering why I should continue to pay $15/month for a single player RPG?

"It's coming" "We are working hard on it" does not give the community hope...deadlines do.

Of course the response will be "we'll tell you when we can tell you." In the mean time, the un-sub counter keeps rising cause the community has nothing to look forward to, except, "checks in the mail! No really it is!"