Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What character do you hate the most? *Spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
What character do you hate the most? *Spoilers*

eldefail
09.25.2020 , 09:53 AM | #21
I get that, I just don't think the game does a good enough job selling it and the fact that you can't actually mentor her as her master doesn't help.
New or returning players can receive in-game goodies through the Refer a Friend feature! Click HERE to jumpstart your leveling experience now!

More information here. I have already obtained the rewards myself, this really only benefits you.

turbomagnus
09.25.2020 , 03:21 PM | #22
Yeah, that's a problem with all four of the supposed 'apprentices' (Kira, Nadia, Jaesa and Xalek); there's never really a sense that they're a student learning from the player, they just seem more like Force-sensitive tag-alongs...

Bxvx
09.26.2020 , 06:08 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Jedi Master: "I don't want to see you hanging around that Sith anymore, young Padawan!"
Dark Jaesa: "His name's Ekun Xar and we're going to get married and be, like, totally big-bads of the galaxy and slaughter all you old jerk Jedi!"
Lol this was good! Perfect example.

Edit: Ohh another one to add to the list is Overseer Harkun...Slave! After all this time I finally learned you could do him in lol! Was great!

turbomagnus
10.05.2020 , 08:54 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Bxvx View Post
Edit: Ohh another one to add to the list is Overseer Harkun...Slave! After all this time I finally learned you could do him in lol! Was great!
Actually, these days I find Harkun somewhat amusing in thought - after all, he wanted so bad for Ffon to be Zash's apprentice, and just think what Zash's plan for her apprentice had actually been all along. There's a certain amusing irony there, really...

Bxvx
10.07.2020 , 08:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Actually, these days I find Harkun somewhat amusing in thought - after all, he wanted so bad for Ffon to be Zash's apprentice, and just think what Zash's plan for her apprentice had actually been all along. There's a certain amusing irony there, really...
I just didn't know after all these years of putting up with him I could eventually kill him in the end lol, kind of like the Vowrawn/Shaar kills in Meksha like just recently found out about that was randomly looking through videos on youtube and saw the title was like wait no way!

ruffolofi
10.14.2020 , 05:35 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Sovietmass View Post
Vinn attrius. I don't care what alignment my charcter is I choose the option that doesn't give him any thing he wants. That guy is never living even on light side characters for me.

Second probably would be Saresh or Heskal. Heskal's destiny stuff really annoys me
Vinn is definitely one of the worst for me. Especially when he says something like "you win again, like you always do" even though you've just lost the entire eternal fleet and the eternal throne.

ceryxp
10.14.2020 , 06:05 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ruffolofi View Post
Vinn is definitely one of the worst for me. Especially when he says something like "you win again, like you always do" even though you've just lost the entire eternal fleet and the eternal throne.
Not commenting on anyone's personal feelings about any character in the game, but it is interesting to see the number of people who despise Vinn versus the number of people who make allowances for Vaylin when they are both products of their environment.
============================================================
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

FlameYOL
10.15.2020 , 09:50 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Not commenting on anyone's personal feelings about any character in the game, but it is interesting to see the number of people who despise Vinn versus the number of people who make allowances for Vaylin when they are both products of their environment.
I think that also has a lot of to do with Vinn being barely developed in comparison to Vaylin, conceptually he is great and could've been a sympathetic character but unfortunately he was introduced too late. You hear about the things he witnessed but never saw it, where as with Vaylin you go through her torture chamber, the holo-recordings explaining the things done to her, etc.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

JLazarillo
10.15.2020 , 10:45 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JJKerryee View Post
This was the whole point of her character tho. Vaylin is not supposed to be a mastermind or an incredible strategist, she's a broken character with incredible power. She doesn't stop being a threat because she behaves like a 2-year-old or because she isn't very bright. Both of those factors just enhance the threat she represents to the galaxy.
The fact that she's so utterly useless despite her "incredible power" (which frankly, is a dubious claim anyway) is exactly why she's such an awful character. We're supposed to think she's impressive just because the scouter says her Force Level is over 9000, or whatever, but she could be a stand-in for any Darth Jenerick from a Heroic mission, and vice-versa.

turbomagnus
10.17.2020 , 09:17 AM | #30
True, Vaylin does seem to be more a plot device for the 'Dysfunctional Royal Family' trope of Zakuul than much of a character in her own right (face it, she went from Arcann's number two to SCORPIO's pawn and as soon as she was on her own, almost, she made a second attempt at something Arcann had already failed at (attacking Odessen head-on) and got herself one-shotted by a vengeful Commander after killing one of their allies).

Also true, Vinn Atrius is even less impressive than the other members of the 'Order'. At least the other Order members, even GEMINI 16, we saw what happened to them, we actually played roles in their downfalls and they're returning characters (or, in 16's case, a character-type since we can't be sure any of the GEMINI we've seen prior were her or not) in many cases tying the post-Knights era back to the core game. Maybe if he'd appeared - even unnamed or simply as a generic 'Horizon Guard' - in KOTET, maybe making reports to Vaylin or something, it wouldn't have been so bad, but as it stands he comes out of nowhere whining about 'he's lost everything because of us' and most of us are like "Who is this guy?"