How much Shield/Absorb does a 248 Guardian Tank want for Master FP's?

I don't remember my exact numbers offhand, but I go with keeping shield and absorb close together, slightly favoring shield.

Note for 248 gear, I'd drop the high defense warding mods for high endurance warding or lethal mods (the B versions of either), as the high defense rating is really doing nothing for you.

I don't remember my exact numbers offhand, but I go with keeping shield and absorb close together, slightly favoring shield.

Note for 248 gear, I'd drop the high defense warding mods for high endurance warding or lethal mods (the B versions of either), as the high defense rating is really doing nothing for you.

Having Lethal mods won't hurt my tanking ability in PvE?

Thinking either 7 Shield and 7 Absorb augments, or 9 and 5.

Having Lethal mods won't hurt my tanking ability in PvE?

Thinking either 7 Shield and 7 Absorb augments, or 9 and 5.

Assuming you're using the high def warding mods, your def rating is well over 3k. Going from 2k def rating to 3k def rating nets you about a 4% greater def chance. Not worth the 1000 points dumped into it. The greater endurance from b mods, and greater threat generation if you go lethal b, are far better places to put those stats.

The augments depend on where you currently stand stat wise, just keep it close, favoring shield slightly.

Assuming you're using the high def warding mods, your def rating is well over 3k. Going from 2k def rating to 3k def rating nets you about a 4% greater def chance. Not worth the 1000 points dumped into it. The greater endurance from b mods, and greater threat generation if you go lethal b, are far better places to put those stats.

The augments depend on where you currently stand stat wise, just keep it close, favoring shield slightly.

Alright, I'm for using Lethal mods, but since they're 3mil apiece, I'm probably not going to be willing to throw down the cash to buy the B variants.

Can I just settle for the Lethal mods in 248 Vigilance gear?

Edited by Loadsamonie

Alright, I'm for using Lethal mods, but since they're 3mil apiece, I'm probably not going to be willing to throw down the cash to buy the B variants.

Can I just settle for the Lethal mods in 248 Vigilance gear?

Yes, particularly If you're going from unlettered warding to unlettered lethal, but I personally enjoy the extra endurance as a way of eating spike damage.

Welcome to the misery of tank gearing, where optimal stats never come from top tier gear.

Yes, particularly If you're going from unlettered warding to unlettered lethal, but I personally enjoy the extra endurance as a way of eating spike damage.

Welcome to the misery of tank gearing, where optimal stats never come from top tier gear.

Unletted Lethal it is then. I actually like having higher Power/Mastery as a tank because it still has a marginal impact on tanking ability. Power/Mastery increases the damage mitigation of Blade Barrier, which a Guardian with an optimized rotation procs every 12 seconds.

I take it DPS Mods are still better than Tank mods for Tanking? Loads of Endurance and better procs?

Unletted Lethal it is then. I actually like having higher Power/Mastery as a tank because it still has a marginal impact on tanking ability. Power/Mastery increases the damage mitigation of Blade Barrier, which a Guardian with an optimized rotation procs every 12 seconds.

I take it DPS Mods are still better than Tank mods for Tanking? Loads of Endurance and better procs?

Endurance wise, lethal and warding are the same (high power or def, low endurance) as are lethal b and warding b (low power or def, high endurance).

The difference is in the amount of def rating vs power you end up with. The greater power has more use, especially if you are running the full def enhancements and shield/absorb augments that come with def rating.

Endurance wise, lethal and warding are the same (high power or def, low endurance) as are lethal b and warding b (low power or def, high endurance).

The difference is in the amount of def rating vs power you end up with. The greater power has more use, especially if you are running the full def enhancements and shield/absorb augments that come with def rating.

I meant to say DPS Relics, not DPS Mods. Sorry.

DPS Relics are still better than Tank Relics for Tanking, I assume? Because of the better procs and high Endurance?

I meant to say DPS Relics, not DPS Mods. Sorry.

DPS Relics are still better than Tank Relics for Tanking, I assume? Because of the better procs and high Endurance?

Yeah, I run dps relics personally. If you want a tank one, the clicky absorb shield one is the one ive heard is useful as an extra DCD on demand, but I personally just find it another thing to manage.

Yeah, I run dps relics personally. If you want a tank one, the clicky absorb shield one is the one ive heard is useful as an extra DCD on demand, but I personally just find it another thing to manage.

If I run Tank relics, it's pretty much only Reactive Warding, which procs the bubble every 40 seconds, and Shield Amplification, which procs an Absorption buff every 24 seconds. I don't like clickies.

For DPS Relics I like Serendipitous Assault and Focused Retribution, the Mastery and Power procs. They both help threat generation and damage mitigation via Blade Barrier.

• 1 month later...