Best NA server for PvP? (Regs and Ranked)

WooJa

Hey all,

I currently play on SF but I find the PvP pops to be getting more scarce. Is Satele Shan better for a PvP community? Also, how is the mentality of the player base. I find that players on SF are toxic and aggressive for no reason (people telling others to kill themselves because they messed up minorly or that they got let go because they cant follow stupid orders by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about).

If you look at some figures in another thread, it suggests that ranked is more active on Star Forge. But I’m not sure how accurate that is. Especially as it seems NA players are semi migrating to DM in the EU.

As far as regs go. Flip a coin. You get the same bad attitude towards playing objectives or trying to win with strategy, tactics or skill. These days it seems to be all about who can dummy parse some dps numbers the highest on the scoreboard to epeen.

If you look at some figures in another thread, it suggests that ranked is more active on Star Forge. But I’m not sure how accurate that is. Especially as it seems NA players are semi migrating to DM in the EU.

I'm not sure how you can question the accuracy of the leaderboards themselves. SF had much more ranked activity overall than SS in season 12.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I'm not sure how you can question the accuracy of the leaderboards themselves. SF had much more ranked activity overall than SS in season 12.

No, I’m not questioning it. I just worded it that way because I’ve not bothered to go an calculate it on the leaderboards. So I didn’t want make a statement that was absolute without checking myself. I’m sure if you are others have said it’s so, then it most probably is.

And when I mentioned the accuracy, I was meaning how accurate it will be moving forward with the NA ranked population starting to migrate to DM. Even you’ve suggested you might be going to do that.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hey all,

I currently play on SF but I find the PvP pops to be getting more scarce. Is Satele Shan better for a PvP community? Also, how is the mentality of the player base. I find that players on SF are toxic and aggressive for no reason (people telling others to kill themselves because they messed up minorly or that they got let go because they cant follow stupid orders by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about).

It's sad because originally SF was the "nicer" server. For one, the RP community was added to SF when they merged servers. After a bit of time though, SF started to pick up and become more populated than SS, which then caused more people to leave SS to play on SF due to faster pops. It's funny that's how it works out, the lower pop servers end up just losing more because people will leave them to play on the higher pop servers. Unfortunately, the cycle never ends because no effort is put into trying to retain players on specific servers. Apparently BW doesn't care.

You need to realize one thing. In the latest patch notes you will find that Devs changed the way ranked rating is reset when u do a server transfer. Before you needed a rating of 1200 and higher to get a rating reset, now it resets everytime. This means that players have been abusing this system by transfering to a deader server (in this case its also NA servers) and then back to original (we know most cheaters are on DM). So you used the dead server (maybe SF also due to time difference there are no players in que) to get high rating, then you get rating below 1200 and transfer. Then you just get your 100 wins for gold tier and you are done. So people could have been on different servers and just transfered to SF in the end. So server on leaderboards does not really have to be representative.

It's sad because originally SF was the "nicer" server.

This did suck indeed, I remember ranked season 9 on SF, which was great, the matches were much better than on DM back then and I enjoyed many pops even with the time delay to EU.

Hey all,

I play on both. SF is more densely populated but I have definitely seen an increase in population on SS over the past few months. There are very good players on both servers and the same poo poo you see in regs on SF happens on SS. The biggest difference I see between the two servers is when queue's really start popping. For instance, on SF, I can start queue'ing up at 7-730 am and get consistent pops where as on SS it normally about 2-21/2 hrs later. Like around 9-930. The only other big difference between the two is on SS, people actually sleep. The server can have a booming pop at 9 pm but by 11-1130....the population starts to drop dramatically. Which leads me to believe that SS is a more mature population.

I have fun on both servers. Instead of a transfer I would just roll a toon over there, check it out for yourself.

EDIT: FYI - I believe the light vs dark event started on the 28th of June. For those who were not able to participate the first time, I can only assume they are madly trying to level toons now. It did affect queue pops for a while the first time they did this specific event. So now might be the time to start a toon on SS. Light vs Dark is a grind but the rewards are decent if you participate.

Edited by Nickodemous