IG-11 as companion

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised no one thought of this one, considering the hype over Baby Yoda and Mando.

Um he won't be built for like 3000 years?

That said, we do have similar droid companions, slightly different but all droids look someone different in this time period.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Um he won't be built for like 3000 years?

Timeline shenanigans never stopped cartel market from putting things in game for no other reason that "it looks cool and people will pay", with no consideration for current time period.

Even if we don't take cartel market into account, we have a promotional mini-pet from Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, which is about as far away in terms of timeline as this droid.

Oh newcomers...1) learn lore 2) feel the difference in timeline 3) stop makin shtposts askin for baby yoda, mandalorian and other disney stuff. Its The OLD REPUBLIC, not your kid's world.

1) You assume I don't know it, which is kind of funny.

2) So? Your point being?

3) Considering how pointlessly rude your post has been over a simple suggestion, I can't say I care about your opinion on canon and what should and shouldn't be in game.

There's already an IG-like model companion in game, to add another that looks pretty much like QO-77 is redundant, but sure, I'd buy it.

Okay, that I didn't know. Going to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline shenanigans never stopped cartel market from putting things in game for no other reason that "it looks cool and people will pay", with no consideration for current time period.

Even if we don't take cartel market into account, we have a promotional mini-pet from Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, which is about as far away in terms of timeline as this droid.

1) You assume I don't know it, which is kind of funny.

2) So? Your point being?

3) Considering how pointlessly rude your post has been over a simple suggestion, I can't say I care about your opinion on canon and what should and shouldn't be in game.

Okay, that I didn't know. Going to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Um, what item from the FUTURE of the game is on the Cartel Market? Also, the promotional mini-pet for Fallen Order is not an exact model from that game, it's similar, yes but they said

As a studio that loves our Companions, we were especially drawn to BD-1. So, as a special congratulations to the Respawn team, we have built a new droid mini-pet inspired by BD-1. Since The Old Republic takes place thousands of years before the events in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, we worked with the Respawn team to make sure that our droid’s design was properly influenced by BD while also fitting within the Old Republic era. The Respawn team supplied us with early, unused concepts for BD-1 (which you can find in the upcoming book “The Art of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order”), and we took one of our favorites as the starting point for what would become the RE-1 droid.

So, they still made it fit within the Old Republic era. As for my post being "rude" well, that's your opinion. I can't help how my text is interpreted.