One Time Password issues for website

TrixxieTriss

My wife is trying to login to her account on the website and needs the one time password (which is normal) and it was emailed to her.

The problem is the password is rejected as being incorrect. Then out of the blue, the website sends a second email with a different password which is also rejected. She did not request the second password and we are now concerned her account will be locked.

This is a problem because we live in Australia and an international phone call to customer service is very expensive.

Is the website authentication having an issue because we don’t have this problem with logging into the game as far as I know.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Howl long has it been since she logged onto the account. Getting a second email is weird and sounds like a huge hiccup with your connection to the authentication server as you mentioned, or the account was perhaps toyed with a bit by another player and some credentials got changed.

Those of course are just really up in the air guesses though. I myself havent heard of this issue by anyone else....yet.

Um, it almost sounds like someone was trying to hack into her account at the same time. (or it could be a glitch.)

I've never had any problems with OTPs, so I can't say if there'd be a lockout or whatever. 🤔

(I've had OTPs, but never any problems with them. 😏 )

Edited by JediQuaker

The odds of someone else trying to hack the account that just so happens to be at the same time as when she was trying to login is ludicrously unlikely.

Most likely this was just a hiccup in the authentication system. It's a common enough occurrence in general.

My suggestion would be to just leave it for a little while (like say a day) and try again

And once you do get in, setup a security key. Besides no longer needing OTPs, it also gives you free CC. If you don't have a smart phone available, you can use desktop based authenticators like WinAuth

Edited by MadDutchman