Oh Bioware, you so original. (new tier gear)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks nothing like the BH set besides the fact that they are both red.

helmet, back pack tube going in and out.

It's obviously not a copy of it but it's clearly inspired by.

But back to the main point

Star Wars has ALWAYS had ridiculus looking armor

sith

http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/c/c6/Darth_Andeddu.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110201154445/starwars/images/7/74/DarthKraytNewArmor-LW1.jpg

Jedi armor

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080721183112/starwars/images/thumb/4/46/Armor.JPG/1000px-Armor.JPG

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/darths/darth_krayt_display.png

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/mercuryartstudios/darth-nihl.jpg

ill add more later

That all came out at once, BH and WH had their release. This is suppose to be a NEW TIER.

No its not.

Even Bioware said its the next level up of the same grouping.

Reading is a skill?

Anyway, don't know what people are getting all worked up over - Bioware warned ahead of time that it was going to be some time before they could get better looking armor sets in-game but that they heard everyone loud and clear and will focus more on SW looking stuff.

If I had to guess, I would venture to say there will be one more tiered recolor that comes out with whatever the next operation is, and then after that, there will be new armor styles for whatever the next tier is going to look like.

No its not.

Even Bioware said its the next level up of the same grouping.

Reading is a skill?

Anyway, don't know what people are getting all worked up over - Bioware warned ahead of time that it was going to be some time before they could get better looking armor sets in-game but that they heard everyone loud and clear and will focus more on SW looking stuff.

If I had to guess, I would venture to say there will be one more tiered recolor that comes out with whatever the next operation is, and then after that, there will be new armor styles for whatever the next tier is going to look like.

Link please, because from what I READ they talk about a new tier or armor.

"New Weapons and Armor – Upgrade your characters’ effectiveness and appearance with the Legendary Dread Guard gear." That part made me laugh, really hard.

Edited by mcdoogle

Please do add more later, because the "jedi" armor you posted where all "darths" therefor, sith.

And just because you found 5 ridiculous looking pictures of some SW toon's doesn't mean the vast majority likes them and that BW should implement them into the game. (BH/WH gear)

Edited by mcdoogle

Carebears did come out about the same time frame as My Little Pony. Forgive me, I was like 8 years old at the time...1983. :(

To be fair, I thought My Little Pony at first, but when you said Care Bears, I thought you were right and I was wrong because Care Bears always seemed to have had a "that's what Friendship is all about" thing going on kind of like G.I. Joe's knowing is half the battle.

Edit: Forgot the on topic stuff :eek: Lets be honest, tier gear, or non-tier gear, aside from Troopers, and maybe bounty hunters, when it comes to orange gear most classes have two, maybe three sets (out of what, 10?) that aren't hideous.

Edited by FunkyOne

I really hate the smuggler tripoint hat. Outside of that it looks ok, but I get a 1776 vibe off of it. Though I thought I hated the warhero smuggler hat and it grew on me. The imperial agents of course look bad ***.. :confused: Edited by Ybini

I really hate the smuggler tripoint hat. Outside of that it looks ok, but I get a 1776 vibe off of it. Though I thought I hated the warhero smuggler hat and it grew on me. The imperial agents of course look bad ***.. :confused:

The red isn't terrible but I still can't understand all the general crap that's been shoved onto the armour. It all looks like haphazard additions made at the last minute. The bum bag? The flask or tea above that? The second flask of tea between my shoulder blades? I know the Empire is based on us English lot, but really, slaves carry the tea on the battlefield.

Link please, because from what I READ they talk about a new tier or armor.

"New Weapons and Armor – Upgrade your characters’ effectiveness and appearance with the Legendary Dread Guard gear." That part made me laugh, really hard.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5035799#edit5035799

I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

There you go.

Indeed, learn to read before you rage and make yourself look silly.

Hey, Bioware, have you seen all the people running around in that awesome looking 1.2 armor? Me neither....

EDIT: The design in itself (without the colors) looks so ugly that even with 10.000 dark side points I would not subject any of my companions to wearing this armor. (Maybe Skadge, but certainly not the ones I like....)

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Are you F***ing serious?!? C'mon Bioware.... why is every new armor set more and more pathetic... what happened to the effort that went into the Tionesse, Columi and Rakata gear?? ... the PVP gear w/ some exceptions is aweful looking ... but the newest bit of CRAP you have thrown in the game is absolutely excuse-less!

Way to go Bioware, waste 200 million on voice acting that almost no one listens to anymore, and keep pumping out the worst looking gear in history. I mean seriously, WTH is this garbage, I have seen better designs in high school art students then this. Fire all of your designers. Just when I thought, they can't do any worse than the thigh-high smuggler boots that make my toon look like a ******, they come out with this.

Hey, at least Bioware can claim the top spot for an MMO in at least one category, ugliest gear.

Everyone seems to forget that Tionese, Columi and Rakata were all just recolors. This isn't a new tier, just a step up.

^ This.

One month ago, Allison said that this new set will be a sub-tier of the tier that started with Campaign gear and it will share its appearence with a different colour:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5035799#post5035799

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5038817#post5038817

Edited by Leirb
typos

Ah, the beginning's of what F2P is going to showcase. Yes, recolored armor sucks, but don't worry. For just 2000 Cartel Coins, you can buy some new social armor. Or wait! Why buy that when you can spend 5000 Cartel Coins to buy the same social gear, but it will allow set bonuses to carry over!

See I played FFXI for a long time we knew that most of our gear would be recolors but that was because we were stuck with being a multi-platform mmo and had to deal with PS2. There isn't an excuse for this, they know what position the game is in, and another dropped ball.

Players have expressed some dissatisfaction with endgame armor sets – can you comment on your plans for future endgame appearances?

Daniel Erickson: We have heard the community loud and clear when it comes to armor sets. What we’ve heard the players say is, “I don’t care how high level I get, I still want my core sets to look and feel like Star Wars and like my class - cooler but not crazy. Keep the crazy to optional gear.” I will warn that creating new armor is a part of our game with long lead times so it will take a set or so before players see a strong shift in direction but we’re already working on some stuff I love and I think players will too.

And this "stuff" is a recolor? Thanks.

That's from March mind you. I'm getting really sick of this.

bioware also failed on item modifications and enhancements once again! oh also on 2 of the barrels for guns for Bhs Im sure other classes have found the failings of the new gear as well. My favorite was the lvl 63 enhancement that makes you lose 17 crit to gain 3 surge...worthless! the new power/surge ones are a hoot too. I swear they cant get anything right when it comes to gear.

Hmm... I think that SI got a really nice piece of gear, black and purple look great together. The black and red piece was nice as well. Would happily use the black and red gear on my JK, there are few outfits that are black for them unless I missed something completely. Have a friend who will be happy to change the pretty blue color to something darker on his JK. Also like the white-orange outfit for troopers, it would look great on my twilek.

So there are a few of them that I really think look good. It would still have been fun with a whole new set. But there are several pieces that I really like.