Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Selfheal. Whats the point?

Kampflerk
04.09.2018 , 03:05 PM | #1
So... Whats the point? I read and hear every time the Sentinel-Watchman has so much and good Selfheal. But where and how?

When I look into some Gameplays from the Watchman, I see 1,5k Heal pair DoT Tick, but its this all? When I test an Boosted 65-Watchman, I have only 150-200hp-Heal pair Tick :/ I know, I can "boost" the Heal pair Tick with 'Inspiration' but make THIS the Sentinel so good?

Equeliber
04.09.2018 , 04:59 PM | #2
You hear that mara has good selfheal? Who told you that? Only PT has worse... Mara has no real self heal skills - only a bit of passive healing. It's not too bad when you pair Thirst for Rage with Annihilation's Berserk and DoTs but still not even close to what many other specs have.

It is covered by very strong defenses though, so that doesn't stop mara from being a premium melee class at the moment.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Gyronamics
04.09.2018 , 05:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kampflerk View Post
So... Whats the point? I read and hear every time the Sentinel-Watchman has so much and good Selfheal. But where and how?

When I look into some Gameplays from the Watchman, I see 1,5k Heal pair DoT Tick, but its this all? When I test an Boosted 65-Watchman, I have only 150-200hp-Heal pair Tick :/ I know, I can "boost" the Heal pair Tick with 'Inspiration' but make THIS the Sentinel so good?
It adds some flavour.

Sentinels have the best selection of damage preventing abilities in the game. This allows them to take hugely reduced damage and this is how they outlast their enemies.

There are advantages and disadvantages to strong damage prevention vs strong self healing and it depends on the scenario. No class has strong self-healing as well as strong damage prevention.

Anyway, the self-healing that sentinels do is not a major survival tool for them. It's about as useful as a few % damage reduction. Just some flavour.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

Kampflerk
04.10.2018 , 03:31 AM | #4
Hey, Thanks your I read this in the Guide from Vulkk but maybe i read it wrong

Than I think i choose a Shadow or Assa. They have 10% DMG Leech

Equeliber
04.10.2018 , 03:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kampflerk View Post
Hey, Thanks your I read this in the Guide from Vulkk but maybe i read it wrong

Than I think i choose a Shadow or Assa. They have 10% DMG Leech
I am sorry if this will disappoint you but Hatred's self heals mean basically nothing. Leeching strike, even with a crit, won't heal you for more than 13k. Yes, in max possible gear.

Combined with very low Damage Reduction, Hatred is one of the squishiest specs in the game. The only thing it has is the Legendary utility that makes Force Speed a godlike Defensive. But then, Deception Assassin has the same utility AND tons of passive Damage Reduction from the passives and procs.

To be fair, because of the fact that Berserk in Annihilation mara heals WHOLE raid for 6% of HP, you will see higher HPS on annihilation than on Hatred in every single fight. With Thirst for Rage utility taken by the mara, of course.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Opiklo
04.10.2018 , 04:21 AM | #6
http://parsely.io/parser/view/353085/0
this guy has 2199.24 hps on himself.....
name me a class with more selfheal...
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer / Alpentraumpilger / Cartel Market Warlordz on Tulak Hord

Kampflerk
04.10.2018 , 04:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
I am sorry if this will disappoint you but Hatred's self heals mean basically nothing. Leeching strike, even with a crit, won't heal you for more than 13k. Yes, in max possible gear.

Combined with very low Damage Reduction, Hatred is one of the squishiest specs in the game. The only thing it has is the Legendary utility that makes Force Speed a godlike Defensive. But then, Deception Assassin has the same utility AND tons of passive Damage Reduction from the passives and procs.

To be fair, because of the fact that Berserk in Annihilation mara heals WHOLE raid for 6% of HP, you will see higher HPS on annihilation than on Hatred in every single fight. With Thirst for Rage utility taken by the mara, of course.
Hm, ok. Thx Overall i have no idea. I only see that the Assa Heal "more" with a single Strike as an Mara with his 1,5k pair dot^^ So i was thinking the Assa has more heal as the Mara^^

wadecounty
04.10.2018 , 12:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
No class has strong self-healing as well as strong damage prevention.
Except mercs.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

Gyronamics
04.10.2018 , 03:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Except mercs.
I know some people find it difficult but when a merc health bar isn't moving despite trying really hard its because they have a self heal DCD running.

When sentinels do the same trick and their health bar isn't moving despite trying really hard that's because they have a damage prevention DCD running
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

Rkillerfin
04.10.2018 , 11:09 PM | #10
Annihilation selfheals is rather small by itself, but the real kicker is the legendary utility Thirst for rage, while it only has small ticks (1324 per tick in BiS gear), you need to remember you get that tick everytime you use a rage consuming ability.

Combining anni selfheals from tree with Thirst for rage gets you almost 2k HPS just on yourself, ofc it doesn't have immediate effect of some other selfheal abilities or medpacs, but it's not supposed to do that.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/345004
Anni 2,5 mil parse, 1,8k HPS, 424k total healing over 4 minutes
Liffy