Ravage/Blade Dance

Genaya

Last time I played (early KOTFE) this was a sexy channeled skill with a cool animation. It was the trademark warrior/guardian ability, the spinning around lopping fools with my lightsaber was just so fun. Now it's an instant ability with a dumb jumping around animation and, if I'm remembering right, much less damage than I recall it doing before.

What gives? Did the devs offer an explanation for this change in patch notes at some point?

They streamlined abilities at the start of 5.0 by removing pretty much all channeled abilities from melee classes, among various other changes. And yes it does less damage but now you have an extra GCD to do another ability to make up for the damage.

• 7 months later...
The one thing I'd remembered about swtor after 4 or 5 years of not playing was ravage. Was sad to come back and see it in its current form. It hits like a wet noodle, just not fun or interesting anymore really. They could find a way to keep it from being a rooted channel but still maintaining its former glory I'm sure.

Since Sin tanks still have a channel, they definitely could. It also costs tanks 3s of the buff associated with it.

Sin tanks channel is both more central to their discipline and more difficult to make an instant than master strike was. I personally like it better the way it is, without a cast. Master strike for guardians is a focus free filler, unlike a sin's deprecating volts

Except that it shorted the length of an active mitigation buff, defensive slashes. Each hit increases the buff and refreshes the duration. As a channel it extended the duration from 6s to closer to 9s. Very similar to Deprecating Volts and Dark Protection. Ravage is not some mindless filler.

• 1 month later...
Another reason why juggs get focused in pvp no hard hitting move anymore. YOu used to be able ravage impale then ravage again and the person attacking yu wud have to disenage to get healed or something not anymore u just get ganked cycle yur cd's and hit like a wet noodle oh wait dont worry u have vengful slam to dot spread and break everyones cc's! Edited by Skummy

• 3 weeks later...
Another reason why juggs get focused in pvp no hard hitting move anymore. YOu used to be able ravage impale then ravage again and the person attacking yu wud have to disenage to get healed or something not anymore u just get ganked cycle yur cd's and hit like a wet noodle oh wait dont worry u have vengful slam to dot spread and break everyones cc's!

When did veng have a proc that reset the ravage cd?

2.0 why?

Like the exact same forum post above. I said most people who used ravage never used the last hit due to gcd being up and other moves doing more damage then the last hit.

Yea you used to be able to clip aswell can do that anymore either lolololol

Edited by Skummy

When did veng have a proc that reset the ravage cd?

It has always had it but it was a 30% chance on Impale and Shatter, I believe. Total RNG if you get a reset or not. There were plenty of such procs in the old skill trees - Rupture on Annihilation, for example, also had only a chance to be reset. So you did not even have a full uptime on it unless lucky. I am so glad that those procs are gone for good or changed into 100% chance.

Also, people who are complaining about Vengeance's damage seem to simply not know how to play the "new" Vengeance (hello, it's been what, 5 years since skill tree change?). Impale-Shatter-Force Scream hurt a lot. A LOT. And you can spread all 3 DoTs with a Slam after that sequence. How can you complain about Vengeance's DPS at all I do not understand.

Edited by Equeliber

Another reason why juggs get focused in pvp no hard hitting move anymore. YOu used to be able ravage impale then ravage again and the person attacking yu wud have to disenage to get healed or something not anymore u just get ganked cycle yur cd's and hit like a wet noodle oh wait dont worry u have vengful slam to dot spread and break everyones cc's!

Juggs get focused only in ranked and only because despite ED healing for a ton, it is easy to burn through.

Juggs still don't have much "actual" mitigation. It has nothing to do with damage. If they did hit like a wet noodle, noone would bother with focusing them. They are priority target because not only they are relatively easy to kill but also because if you don't, you will be destroyed.

In regs you need to be very clueless to have big problems surviving as a jugg or have mortal enemies that hunt you down all the time :D

Edited by Equeliber

If they did hit like a wet noodle, noone would bother with focusing them. They are priority target because not only they are relatively easy to kill but also because if you don't, you will be destroyed.

In regs you need to be very clueless to have big problems surviving as a jugg or have mortal enemies that hunt you down all the time :D

Yea they do big numbers i have done big numbers https://imgur.com/Cw4QU7J but its not real dmg its just dot spread compared wut they used to be able to do. Pretty sure i have a 9mil overall dmg somewhere but doesnt mean **** ravage is a complete joke now. Juggs defense was there dps at one time you could solo two ppl now in ranked lucky if u kill one person before yu go down. Unless you have buddies with yu watching your health. Which most ppl do when they q as jugg. ED just got buffed what 4months ago? was still scaling to 3.0 which is what 60 or 65 lol.:D

Edited by Skummy

Yea they do big numbers i have done big numbers https://imgur.com/Cw4QU7J but its not real dmg its just dot spread compared wut they used to be able to do. Pretty sure i have a 9mil overall dmg somewhere but doesnt mean **** ravage is a complete joke now.

So play focus if you're worried about burst? Sure it's pretty much a lesser conc sent but hey cant have everything