Server population just ruined the game

Nyxypet

So, looking at the server my guild's server is already medium population and only the first fricken wave of early game access has gotten in... I forsee some stupid ploy of "pay x to move your character" to a server thats low population so those that you game with who didnt get in, who wont be on till the 20th who may not be on for a month after that, wont ever be able to join you because the population sizes on the servers seem so stupidly low. Pay to have better servers... there are games out there that hold a lot more people so why the heck are these ones already getting full? Thanks for ruining the game before I even got in. This was a concern during beta and everyone kept saying just wait just wait they will have bigger limits for launch... well unless they are showing what its capped at till official launch there are going to be some serious problems. What happens when we all start leveling our characters and then people who didnt get in as early as others cant even join on same server? That's reallly really crappy... and in walks the "pay 30 dollars to move your character" -.- Edited by Nyxypet

you of course realise you have the choice of not accepting the guild invite and just moving yourself to a new server? its only 5000 credits to form a guild. Instead of whining about what an automated service has done, why don't you actively do something about it, you've been in for a couple of hours maximum, hardly an issue to reroll now on a new server is it?

they will add more servers but the problem is if your mates got in before you they probly wont want to move i wish i had preordered earlier but i didnt so it sucks. Just pray for free char transfer at least for the first month.

There are lots of people who aren't in the game yet who already have a spot reserved. That is the whole point of the pre-launch guild thing...

I am not trying to be rude when I say this - just helpful - but did you not read all of the information about pre-order/pre-launch etc.? They are just barely scratching the surface with invites, and guilds that were pre set-up already have dedicated spaces for them. That's why it's showing up as "full".

They also stated that this service will end by (or shortly after) launch... therefore all the people who may have signed up but moved to a different server will be deleted from the server registry, and therefore open up TONS of space of people who didn't go to the server they were assigned.

Everything will be fine. Go enjoy the game! (I'm not in yet but can't wait :D )

Server queues got you down? Want to be on a low population server? Tired of those opposite faction jerks killing your quest NPCs?

PvP servers are your answer! That's where I'm headed, Guaranteed low pop server!

Edited by Bocefas

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

theres a few that are full.

i think there needs to be more US servers... if this is the case.

it would be strange if bioware didnt foresee something like this happening...[/quote

they are showing light when you log in to the game, i wouldnt trust the weblink on the site just yet.

The calculations on the website are probably for preorders. I seriously doubt when it says 'full' it is indeed to max capacity.

One. Not my guild, not my choice to move it

Two. Not everyone signed up for the guild before the guild launch date

Three. I understand that those of us that did have reserved slots, surprising enough i DID read it :) but I am not worried about myself, my guild leader, or TOR guildies. I am worried about my gaming community group that wants to play as a secondary character with us. Who didn't have the money at the time to preorder, Who wernt sure if they wanted to play the game until just recently. Those are who I am worried about. So just because I care about my friends, dont bash till you understand the situation that has been created by having such low population cap server.

Im not worried at all about the number of servers, I know there will be MORE than plenty to go around... its the server caps im worried about because of friends not in guild wanting to play with us as their secondary character. Perhaps if there were more servers the populations wouldnt fill up so quickly on one... I dont know but as it stands there are quite a few people from our gaming community who didnt preorder that may not be able to join us because of silly low pop server caps. There are quite a few games with bigger server caps that run just fine... I havent even started a character yet as I probably wont get in till tmrw or the next day based on my preorder date, but it makes me want to approach the guild and see if we all just want to wait till the 20th to start so that those who didnt preorder can be on the same server. So much for early access :D oh well.

The calculations on the website are probably for preorders. I seriously doubt when it says 'full' it is indeed to max capacity.

And it reflects reserved slots for members of pre-formed Guilds, so yes take it with a grain of salt.

With 4 full and 7 heavy population servers after only two waves of invites. I got to say I am a bit nervous. While my realm is not heavy yet. The one my guild is set for went from low to medium with one wave of invites.

See you invite people that didn't do the pre launch guild service and you get people going all over screwing up the servers projected numbers. I mean you can't tell me atleast one of those already full servers doesn't have a bunch of people set to also go to it. I will go with the server names bringing the people in.