Battlemaster bags, just as much RNG as before.

bobbys

I hit Battlemaster a few days before the 1.1 patch, opened a total of four bags of those two days and got nothing. I said to myself "It's okay because in 1.1 they are going to give us Battlemaster Commendations and I won't get repeats."

So since 1.1, I have opened eight more Battlemaster bags (total of twelve) now and have a total of ONE Battlemaster commendation out of it. I could get my next piece of gear tomorrow, or (more likely) it could take over 2 weeks at my current luck of drop rate.

It's the same old RNG bag system except now you need 2-3 commendations to buy a single piece of Battlemaster gear. Except now I cant even supplement my daily quest bags because you cannot purchase Battlemaster bags via warzone commendations.

This patch did not improve the RNG bag system at all, in fact I would rather risk getting repeats (especially since ear and implants are out of the pool) than have to RNG three commendations for one piece of gear which seem to be the same drop rate.

Make every bag drop a static amount and increase the cost of armor to make up for it, at least then people will be able to slowly work towards gear. At the very least add purchaseable Battlemaster bags or let us choose three BM bags for the weeklys, I don't want anymore Champion bags.

The current system right now is nearly as RNG as the one before it, except when you finally "win" at a bag, you're only 1/3 there.

Edited by bobbys

In the process of leveling to valor rank 60 pre-patch, I still managed not to get a full Champion set. In fact was still five pieces short of Champion and used Centurion in those slots. I don't think I was that unlucky since I have seen worse.

That's the nature with pure RNG, you end up with a normal distribution. Someone will get full geared by Valor 20 and some won't get a single piece or the same piece till 55+.

In the process of leveling to valor rank 60 pre-patch, I still managed not to get a full Champion set. In fact was still five pieces short of Champion and used Centurion in those slots. I don't think I was that unlucky since I have seen worse.

That's the nature with pure RNG, you end up with a normal distribution. Someone will get full geared by Valor 20 and some won't get a single piece or the same piece till 55+.

Well I guess my luck is spelled b a d. I got one implant from the first Champion bag I opened, but the next 15-20 I've opened since have given nothing but Centurion commendations.

What's the drop rate? I've heard 25% but if that's the case then I'm due a ton of gear.

Crap developers, i loved the game or tried to do it. but this just took the price, im not gonna play this knowingly i "may" be rewarded, its just STUPID.

SO stupid you will loose SO much players from it. Not everyone is at their homes everyday playing, SOME of us have jobs. And dont wanna see this.

I hit Battlemaster a few days before the 1.1 patch, opened a total of four bags of those two days and got nothing. I said to myself "It's okay because in 1.1 they are going to give us Battlemaster Commendations and I won't get repeats."

So since 1.1, I have opened eight more Battlemaster bags (total of twelve) now and have a total of ONE Battlemaster commendation out of it. I could get my next piece of gear tomorrow, or (more likely) it could take over 2 weeks at my current luck of drop rate.

It's the same old RNG bag system except now you need 2-3 commendations to buy a single piece of Battlemaster gear. Except now I cant even supplement my daily quest bags because you cannot purchase Battlemaster bags via warzone commendations.

This patch did not improve the RNG bag system at all, in fact I would rather risk getting repeats (especially since ear and implants are out of the pool) than have to RNG three commendations for one piece of gear which seem to be the same drop rate.

Make every bag drop a static amount and increase the cost of armor to make up for it, at least then people will be able to slowly work towards gear. At the very least add purchaseable Battlemaster bags or let us choose three BM bags for the weeklys, I don't want anymore Champion bags.

The current system right now is nearly as RNG as the one before it, except when you finally "win" at a bag, you're only 1/3 there.

was wondering when someone would figure out that they actually nerfed the crap out of getting battlemaster gear.

but you now can get to battlemaster rank much quicker, so its a trade off you are going to have to get over.

they actually had a lot of systems in place to let the hardcores get things easier, which I appreciated.

Pssst you should only be getting 1-2 items every 2 weeks not 1 item every 1-2 days.

Then why not give guarenteed commendations and have a piece of gear cost 14-16 commendations so it's actually a piece every 2 weeks. The way it works now, someone will get 3+ pieces a week while some poor soul gets one piece out of a month.

Endgame loot that takes a while to farm? The humanity!

Only for some people, which is the problem. There will be the extremes where someone will get their full set in a month and another where it will take a year.

Remove the extremes is all i'm suggesting.

Endgame loot that takes a while to farm? The humanity!

You missed the point, which is hardly surprising.

Its not about "awhile", its about "luck" or "random number generator".

Sorta like going to Vegas in the hopes that you'll get your retirement money. Sure, you might, but odds are you wont.

You missed the point, which is hardly surprising.

Its not about "awhile", its about "luck" or "random number generator".

Sorta like going to Vegas in the hopes that you'll get your retirement money. Sure, you might, but odds are you wont.

I wouldn't care if it took 3 years to get a full set if everyone had to do it at the same pace.

Right now it's just a large number of independent trials, what you roll this bag has absolutely nothing to do with what you roll the next time.