Entire evening of 1-2 player games on Repside on DM.

Alec_Fortescue

It should be apparent to everyone who’s played this game for years, that Bioware don’t care about cheating in this game unless it affects the CM, GTN or Game Economy.

If they catch you doing any of that they either close the account or ban hammer you hard and strip all rewards or I’ll gotten gains.

But you can hack, WinTrade, exploit or troll people in pvp or pve all you want and they allow it. There is no deterrent, so idiots do it knowing full well there aren’t any repercussions.

Even when they do ban these people, it’s a slap on the wrist at worst. Even the absolute worst offenders of hacking aren’t permanently banned (quote Eric Musco : we take banned accounts off ban after 12 months, they are never banned permanently). They also don’t strip them of rating if it’s wintrading.

That policy needs to change or this will continue to get worse as the game slides further into oblivion.

This game ranked PvP is a big joke.

I have 59 days of sub remaining (I usually buy the 2 month non-recurring each month), but not willing to play anymore.

Moved to another game, and I know that I will never coming back, cause this will only get worse.

Almost no one play ranked PvP anymore, and thats the reason that a handful of players are able to exploit the game like that in that scale (having multiple toons in tier 1, no skill at all, just cheating the system to farm ELO).

Along other mistakes (like GC, removal of pvp gear, etc) Bioware fkd the class balance to sht, several pvpers have left the game because of that. I just lost my faith in the company to make a turnaround.

Enjoy the *********** rewards, gonna be cool drive those mounts in a empty server.

It should be apparent to everyone who’s played this game for years, that Bioware don’t care about cheating in this game unless it affects the CM, GTN or Game Economy.

If they catch you doing any of that they either close the account or ban hammer you hard and strip all rewards or I’ll gotten gains.

But you can hack, WinTrade, exploit or troll people in pvp or pve all you want and they allow it. There is no deterrent, so idiots do it knowing full well there aren’t any repercussions.

Even when they do ban these people, it’s a slap on the wrist at worst. Even the absolute worst offenders of hacking aren’t permanently banned (quote Eric Musco : we take banned accounts off ban after 12 months, they are never banned permanently). They also don’t strip them of rating if it’s wintrading.

That policy needs to change or this will continue to get worse as the game slides further into oblivion.

Take a look at "Ask Reborn" on the Assassin leaderboards from the previous season. He received his Top 3 without any kind of punishment.

I know most of the top 3 players and some are legit, some are not. Bioware won't ban you longer than a week.

Edited by DARKheartLAND

Take a look at "Ask Reborn" on the Assassin leaderboards from the previous season. He received his Top 3 without any kind of punishment.

I know most of the top 3 players and some are legit, some are not. Bioware won't ban you longer than a week.

Some? It's most at this stage.

stop playing the dead off faction in solo ranked for the server you're on at the moment

I'd love to but DM is the only European server with at least some pops. I can't go to star forge due to latency (200-300) and other factors making jumping mains bothersome although I am strongly considering still.

I'd love to but DM is the only European server with at least some pops. I can't go to star forge due to latency (200-300) and other factors making jumping mains bothersome although I am strongly considering still.

What he means is make a Jugg.

What he means is make a Jugg.

He has a jugg on DM, but it's understandable that he wants to play pub sometimes. But pubs on DM are... questionable at best. They will either QS or QS+QD or be so bad they can be near globalled. I mean, we had a match today against 4 dps, and they didn't manage to kill me, a jugg, once. Game is just fubar at this point.

Change ranked to a point based system plox!

Create a 1 vs 1 queue nao!

Sigh...

All they need to do to fix this is implement cross-faction arenas.

It would be much harder to QS+QD yes, but it would still be possible, and it would result in a ton of unbalanced (4 vs 3) matches due to QD. They need to bring back ELO-loss on rejecting queue pop.

Even the absolute worst offenders of hacking aren’t permanently banned (quote Eric Musco : we take banned accounts off ban after 12 months, they are never banned permanently).

I believe everything else you said but this part. I'd really love for you to cite this because if he actually said this, BW seriously needs to get their *********** act together.

There's been a huge account-selling ring going on with top 3 rewards for years, and the few that personally want it for themselves have been wintrading, backfilling, and hiring boosting services for it. It's disgusting and it's one of the reasons why I don't take rating in this game seriously anymore. The top 3 rewards mean nothing and the system is an absolute joke.

Edited by Talon_strikes

I believe everything else you said but this part. I'd really love for you to cite this because if he actually said this, BW seriously needs to get their *********** act together.

There's been a huge account-selling ring going on with top 3 rewards for years, and the few that personally want it for themselves have been wintrading, backfilling, and hiring boosting services for it. It's disgusting and it's one of the reasons why I don't take rating in this game seriously anymore. The top 3 rewards mean nothing and the system is an absolute joke.

Did you ever watch the interview he did with Snave? He mentioned it during that interview. Sorry, I can’t find it anymore. Maybe Snave can link it for us.

Edit:

I’ve found the interview : 1 hour 14 mins Snave brings up hacking, cheating and wintrading.

(I didn’t see Eric say anything about not permanently banning someone. So I’m not sure where I saw that and I’ll continue to investigate further)

BUT OMG, Eric’s answers to how they treat hackers and Wintrading made me laugh. Apparently they take it seriously 😂😂😂. What an absolute joke.

It’s obvious that they don’t and even Snave back then said the way they punished cheats weren’t enough. But in 2 years they still haven’t done anything and in lots of cases they look like theyve become more lax in following their own system of doing things.

Honestly everyone should watch this interview because all of the problems that we are all still complaining about were asked and acknowledged by Eric as things they know about, talked about, might do to fix or are considering. That interview is 2 years old and sadly we are still waiting for Bioware to most of them 🤔😥

I’d love to see Snave interview Kieth and get some real answers and not let him squirm his way out of them.

A list of something’s in the interview (not all)

1. Skank or hybrid healers (near the beginning of the interview)

2. PTS testing regarding new mechanics and changes

3. The end zone leap bug in Hutt Ball, which is still not fixed even though it is 100% confirmed by Eric that it’s a bug. (time stamp about 40mins in)

4. Matchmaking and premades

5. Ranked 8 man

6. Cross faction for all maps would fix a lot of problems.

7. Hacking, banning cheats, wintrading

In Snaves own notes under the video -

Thank you to all who tried to watch live, hopefully you can read through the non answer to get the answers you need. In case you can't - no ops coming soon, no PvP balance coming soon, no addressing of hackers coming soon, no addressing of regs matchmatching coming soon.

Snave, if you’re reading this post, you should go back and edit it to say - “no bug fix coming “ever” to the Hutt Ball leap bug”

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Here is a list of what was basically in the interview

what?

the list just off top of my head a day later:

• confirmed gimp guard / skank tank should not exist and they want to eliminate
  • confirmed q-synching is cheating
  • admitted hacking is a significant issue (volume of hacking) in ranked
  • confirmed that BW values quantity of pops over quality of matches (yes. read the forums. that required confirmation.)
  • confirmed that premades stepping on pugs is a problem they're actively trying to resolve (aka: matchmaking is crap -- reworking of previous confirmation)
  • confirmed that they're delusional about what constitutes "balance" (judging from leader boards, snipers looked weak and sorcs look strong, but that's not actually the case. [sic]).

things snave absolutely ripped them on...

• lack of new content (including the unforgivable lack of a pve raid for an entire xpac)
  • horrible reaction time to glitches/bugs and balance issues
  • horrible use of PTS and PTS feedback
  • ridiculous attempt to side-step tank stats/guard mechanic solution that he presented (one that allows dps to continue to gimp guard, btw, but they actually have to sac power/crit to do so)
  • horrible decision to toss 8v8 ranked
  • laughed in the dudes "face" at the idea that anything but a sorc was viable healing
  • tore BW (via musco) a new one for 9-15 months of the same FotM comps

again, that's just off the top of my head. this was a very informative interview.

Also was it my imagination or did he confirm that the leap restriction in Quesh Huttball was a bug and not a nerf?

correct. it's a bug. and he *thinks* the sorc bastion thing no longer working (acid strats) was a nerf but it could be a bug. (never stated in patch notes)

Hey Eric, if you’re reading this, those patch notes still haven’t been updated and the bugs havent been fixed

I've only found out recently and I can't believe that's been never talked about and had so little publicity even though it's out there in plain sight.

I've only found out recently and I can't believe that's been never talked about and had so little publicity even though it's out there in plain sight.

It's had so little publicity mainly because BW has had an apathetic and lax stance toward ranked PvP cheating since ranked 4's inception. I know, it's sucks, it's disgusting, but it's the reality we have to live with. :(

Edited by Talon_strikes

It's had so little publicity mainly because BW has had an apathetic and lax stance toward ranked PvP cheating since ranked 4's inception. I know, it's sucks, it's disgusting, but it's the reality we have to live with. :(

The cheating was going on well before Ranked 4 man and they didn’t care back then either,

https://imgur.com/B2EM5Br

Here we go again. Entire evening. It's been said, it's been reported. How do they still continue after 3 weeks with same characters? They are not visible on the screenshot, i am not naming and shaming but I have reported the four players taht keep EXPLOITING an actual bug that's extremely disruptive to other players in queue as it affects them directly as pic-related. Not to mention it's feeding elo to imps and thus win trading.

They have a throwaway player going in, accepting the match and SCOUTING if they can win the match, too before everyone accepts. This is absolutely pathetic..

Edited by Alec_Fortescue