Trooper vs. Bounty Hunter

Kevora

My main character is a Sith Warrior.

I first started as a Jedi Consular, but I found his storyline rather boring, while I really enjoy the Sith Warrior's.

Now I'd like a secondary character to concentrate on and I find it hard to decide whether to choose a Bounty Hunter or a Trooper..:o

I am really fascinated by the BH's fantasy, while I would also like to have a character on the Republics side since my main character already is a Sith.

The gameplay mechanics of both are almost the same, but still I am wondering who's storyline might be better..

Can you help me make up my mind? ;)

Cheers, Kevora

Imo, trooper makes the most sense in the world, mainly because most quests in the game are pretty much military ops on rep side (don't know about emp). It is extremely weird being jedi or a smuggler murderizing entire gangs and what not.

Also... assault cannon and probably some of the sexiest pvp armor around.

Have both at 50. BH is the hands down winner.

Trooper starts out kinda cool then just stays the same throughout the rest of the game.

BH starts out a little dull but really gets good after act 1. Also, you get Blizz...that's all there is to say.

I started as a BH and really liked playing her, but in the end I am getting frustrated with playing hutball all the time in warzones. The story is very much go and kill this or get that for money. If you like that then great.

I quite like the idea of kicking butt as a trooper so I am going vanguard. Dark side all the way.

Trooper story is: Go there, kill that. Do as I say Soldier!

BH story is: You're a stud, do what you want! Here have credits for it!

(I may be biased)

Trooper: Betrayed by your former comrades, you mount a galaxy-wide offensive to track them down and kill them, one by one, crushing the traitorous bastards who left you for dead on Ord Mantell.

BH: My neighbor's dog keeps pooping on my lawn. Here's fifty credits. Go kill his dog.

Devil's advocate. :D

(I have both, love both storylines, hehe)

Two words: ROCKET PUNCH!

Well OK more than two words:

I know they are supposed to be mirror classes, but the pure joy of Rocket Punch and Death from Above, compared to gently tapping someone with the stock of your rifle or doing the Tebow Mortar...well there's just no comparison really.

I played a bounty hunter in beta and have a trooper as my main. So far, I am enjoying the Trooper storyline much more than the Bounty Hunter one. I just I just never got into the BH story. For companions, I think both Aric and Elara have much more depth than Mako (from what I've seen anyways). Even though Bounty Hunters have Blizz, Troopers get M1-4X, who is incredible in terms of looks and personality.

Plus, Troopers get to use rifles or assault cannons, which beats pistols any day of the week.

I am currently enjoying BH story a lot. It feels like I'm a completely independent adventurer, and can do whatever feels right. There's no "this is against the Jedi Code" or appreciation of the dark side choices by trainers/superiors. Feels just perfect for me.