Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trooper vs. Bounty Hunter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Trooper vs. Bounty Hunter

Kevora
01.25.2012 , 06:16 AM | #1
My main character is a Sith Warrior.
I first started as a Jedi Consular, but I found his storyline rather boring, while I really enjoy the Sith Warrior's.
Now I'd like a secondary character to concentrate on and I find it hard to decide whether to choose a Bounty Hunter or a Trooper..

I am really fascinated by the BH's fantasy, while I would also like to have a character on the Republics side since my main character already is a Sith.
The gameplay mechanics of both are almost the same, but still I am wondering who's storyline might be better..
Can you help me make up my mind?

Cheers, Kevora

AetherMcLoud
01.25.2012 , 06:21 AM | #2
Trooper story is: Go there, kill that. Do as I say Soldier!
BH story is: You're a stud, do what you want! Here have credits for it!

(I may be biased)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Kevora
01.25.2012 , 06:54 AM | #3
I thought they would be like that, still nice summaries mate!
I guess I'll go for BH and create a Trooper anyway in a few days and make up my mind then.

Vestras
01.25.2012 , 07:12 AM | #4
A Bounty hunter takes care of things, Like a Boss!

A Trooper leads an elite crack commando unit, WITH GUNS!

Both rock. But I think BH has the advantage
Purple Sabers for all!
(\/\/\/\/\/||||]:[]========================

DenimSamurai
01.25.2012 , 07:53 AM | #5
havin' the same dilemma. Given enough time I'll probably do both but I'm too burnt out on Imperial quests to make another imp :-/

SirHaggis
01.25.2012 , 08:12 AM | #6
I really enjoyed act 1 of trooper story. I'm told that the rest use weaker though.

bounty hunter I hear both good and bad about.
Haggis Mmm good.

Cry Havoc and and let slip the Dogs of War!

Kevora
01.25.2012 , 08:39 AM | #7
Tested both now and I must say that I actually prefer the Bounty Hunter.
Still, I'd like a Republic character also, so I might create a Smuggler that I'll be playing every now and then.
You are a new or returning player and want some free stuff (including free subscription time)?
Then click here and join me in a galaxy far, far away....!

chickdigger
01.25.2012 , 08:49 AM | #8
Imo, trooper makes the most sense in the world, mainly because most quests in the game are pretty much military ops on rep side (don't know about emp). It is extremely weird being jedi or a smuggler murderizing entire gangs and what not.

Also... assault cannon and probably some of the sexiest pvp armor around.

Qilz
01.25.2012 , 09:08 AM | #9
Have both at 50. BH is the hands down winner.

Trooper starts out kinda cool then just stays the same throughout the rest of the game.

BH starts out a little dull but really gets good after act 1. Also, you get Blizz...that's all there is to say.

LordPorkins
01.25.2012 , 09:18 AM | #10
I started as a BH and really liked playing her, but in the end I am getting frustrated with playing hutball all the time in warzones. The story is very much go and kill this or get that for money. If you like that then great.

I quite like the idea of kicking butt as a trooper so I am going vanguard. Dark side all the way.