Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When are Bounty Hunters getting the NERF bat?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
When are Bounty Hunters getting the NERF bat?

Stonewall_Jack
01.25.2012 , 04:25 AM | #21
Melee running trough you is the most annoying thing there is to handle even as a powertech (because let's face it you only got a minimum amount of melee attacks, but what if you are a merc?!?) that is why I add the 50% slow to my ion gass cylinder, it allows you to dance around more like the enemy or levels it out, too bad the Merc does not have it.

Still vs the asins too often you are button smashing to finally get an ability off and who are these dual wielding guys that manage to reduce my damage to 1 or 4 (instead of 1k to 2k) even on rocket punch!!, is this some weird relic it is becomming quite annoying in PvP (my acc is above 100%).
Gam'Alturo'Nuruodo
Mandalorian Forge
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
YouTube | Recruitment Thread

Frontplayer
01.25.2012 , 04:36 AM | #22
I find it interresting that poeple cry for BH nerfs and not BH/Trooper nerf. And further more I find it interesting that they are not anymore specific say: Merc/PT or Vaguard/Commando.

I donīt think that any of the BH or Trooper classes needs a nerf at this point.

Especially Arsenal Mercs / Gunnery Trooper can be dealt with by interupting their abilities.

1. stun that every class has
2. ranged or melee interupt with 4 secs lockdown
3. knockbacks of any kind that interupt casting channeling.

There are tools but people seem to be reluctant to use them.

But I have to admit that I (as a Powertech) have not found a way to deal with Sorcs/Sages efficiently yet.

Only thing that needs a nerf are ops/scoundrel. But hopefully they wounīt overreact on that one.
Games are like music.
You listen to music for the sake of listening to it.
You do not want to get to the end of the song as quickly as possible.

AndyKolt
01.25.2012 , 04:38 AM | #23
Well as a PowerTech BH with pve tanking spec I can honestly say, that even with such a non PvP spec I can do some real dmg in PvP, but thats also cause im 46 again 20s.

I gotta try respecing and put on some dmg powertech talents, cause that must me some serious sh.it then.

And cant agree that powertech is weak againt melee classes. You got stun and plenty of instant abilities, you just have to move around, not just tand on one place.
"Your Schwartz is just as long as mine"

Darth_Vampirius
01.25.2012 , 04:57 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by tormentuk View Post
Untill you meet the sorc/sage. CC, stun, CC, slow, CC shield, CC heal, CC heal, heal heal heal heal forcelighting x300000 oh look full mana still... lets shield and heal some more while force lighting.
Same EXACT abilities as Merc except for a 20 second cooldown that mitigates 1 hit worth of damage versus medium armor.
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//

Mamono
01.25.2012 , 05:23 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vampirius View Post
Same EXACT abilities as Merc except for a 20 second cooldown that mitigates 1 hit worth of damage versus medium armor.
Merc's does not have stun or slow.... Well, ok 1 stun. And 1 slow on a long CD that will only give you a few seconds of breathing room. But that slow is so small that it is hardly notisable.
And do to the low damage and cast time of the main attack, the merc only get in 1 attack that does hardly much damage during the stun. A stun that is also on a long CD. 1 min.
And if a merc should be able to heal so it actually does matter, he has to be a pure bodyguard.
And when he is a pure healer, his damage abilities sux so much that you will just laugh your ars off. The bodyguard wond be able to kill you, or even mostly not able to deal much damage either, but unless you have a lot of stuns and interupts (melee class hallo) you just end up get tired and run off to next target.
If the merc is a bodyguard, he has 2 dps abilities that does damage, both of them are creating so much heat that he cant heal at all after doing som dps'ing.

tkshinoda
01.25.2012 , 05:41 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMarvel View Post
clearly the most played class currently PVP wise and u wonder why?
No just no

http://i.imgur.com/vCtF0.jpg <- this happens quite regularly in WZs at low levels and at 50.

You are one of those that saw that whining about Ops and Scuns worked, now it's time for the BH's to get whined at so they get nerfed, you are simply the worst kind of baddie in games, i also play a shadow and mercs are one of the easiest prays i have in a WZ, dear god they are close to free kills as a shadow, you sir are just bad at the game, now go back to Hello Kitty Online.

Mamono
01.25.2012 , 05:46 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by tkshinoda View Post
No just no

http://i.imgur.com/vCtF0.jpg <- this happens quite regularly in WZs at low levels and at 50.

You are one of those that saw that whining about Ops and Scuns worked, now it's time for the BH's to get whined at so they get nerfed, you are simply the worst kind of baddie in games, i also play a shadow and mercs are one of the easiest prays i have in a WZ, dear god they are close to free kills as a shadow, you sir are just bad at the game, now go back to Hello Kitty Online.
LOL. reminds me of when I played WoW and there where 2 classes that where the OP ones in PvP...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...tersabyo1.jpg/

Gomezie
01.25.2012 , 05:51 AM | #28
OP is a troll that has been fed... tut tut

Gadrak
01.25.2012 , 06:01 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vampirius View Post
Same exact abilities? i want a sprint a slow a root a shield and an interrupt as well bro

Goobmeister
01.25.2012 , 06:31 AM | #30
It's easy to beat a BH. You hit their backpack with a stick and their jets fire and they fly off into a nearby hazard.
"You really are a Goob."