Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About the smuggler outfit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
About the smuggler outfit

CedricDur
01.16.2012 , 12:34 PM | #21
Interestingly it seems we're all wearing the same chest piece. Mine is the same, but it has an extra blue led on the mic that is attached to the lapel. I like the extra LEDs as it feels more techy.

I've found some other chest pieces that were a bit.. wow, weaksauce. Mandalorian Raiders drops a chest piece, it seems to be low res and a plain trenchcoat. Not very inspiring so I just ripped the mods and tacked them to the Esseles chest piece.

As for head pieces, like others I got my first 'winter' cap which made me s*****r, then I bought the welder goggles off the GTN as I found them to look better (plus, more LEDs, did I mention I like them?) but Mandalorian Raiders dropped a head piece that was rather decent looking. A pity we cannot lower the flap. And it changes the voice, which was not exactly welcome considering it does not even cover the face.

What I want is the cowboy hat *without* the... flap.. hood... thing... that covers the back of the head when we wear it.
Leandrea - Jedi Sage @ The Progenitor

100% behind the article.

WasabiWei
01.16.2012 , 02:22 PM | #22
I hate the tails, so I bought an RD-O3A Recon Jacket (Orange/Customizable) and re-slotted it for Gunslinger. Cost me almost 20k but I have zero regrets.

You can customize orange gear from any class that is medium and be gtg. Ctrl-Left-click to preview without buying.

LongGui
01.17.2012 , 07:33 AM | #23
Agree,

I have been looking for something to replace my spider set armour, but have found nothing better in the last 22 levels.

More utility and less showy high level gear would be nice.

Made this thread just before, didn't see this one.
Lemar 50 ____________________Vedonna 28
Rymbosh main___________________Harl 18
Seymor 18_________________Orelias 19
80% Explorer, 67% Achiever, 40% Socializer, 13% Killer.

LandisKan
01.17.2012 , 07:46 AM | #24
I really like the clothing / armour you see on many NPCs.
It's like they are teasing us with the awesome looks in the game... that we can't get.
I TCP/IP but mostly IP.

GaebrylBoid
01.18.2012 , 11:40 AM | #25
Well supposedly anything you see an NPC wearing can be made/found in the game in an "orange" version. Not sure if that's just lip service or not.

I would love to see a black or white version of the Esseles armor. I've been wearing it for 34 levels now and see myself continuing to wear it even @ 50.

Silver lining is coming I guess... They are finally going to allow you to pull the mods out of our level 50/pvp/raid gear WITH the set bonuses so that we don't have to look hideous.... Just wonder when that patch will actually hit.

Some of the cowboy hats aren't bad but about 90% of the trenchcoats make my stomach turn.

JeramieCrowe
01.18.2012 , 11:44 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankaze View Post
What I'd *really* like is an orange version a certain low-level green armor which is basically a blue open jacket (not the sleeveless Han Solo vest).
According to Emmanuel Lusinchi, *ALL* green gear has an orange version. Just keep looking or wait for an armormech to discover the recipe.

That said, according to this Smuggler Progression video, I'm supposed to have had this outfit during my progression. However, I just leveled 50 and completed Corellia, and haven't seen a single piece of this outfit yet.

I've asked in this forum where it comes from, but no one seems to know.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Morrighane
01.24.2012 , 04:34 PM | #27
Interestingly, I am also wearing this piece of armor exclusively on my female smuggler since I found it and am wondering where to get a copy to outfit Risha and Guss with. I hate the overcoats and particularly the collared pimp coats you get later in the game, which are absolutely hideous.

Anyone know which mission drops this piece of armor or matching pants? I have found a pair of blue pinstriped pants that match it well, and the boots from the Light Side vendor go well with these (the collared WoW-type boots also look hideous, as do the rubbery-looking "Wellington" boots.)

Arsonn
01.24.2012 , 06:55 PM | #28
I love the Smuggler look. I didn't expect anything else. Cowboy hat is my favorite piece.

silentsurfer
01.25.2012 , 12:15 AM | #29
I thought the level 50 gear would be something to look forward to. It doesn't look good at all. All of it is long coats and bulky accessories. The end result for all of the level 50 gear is Cad Bane, and he's suppose to be a bounty hunter. There really should be more options because the long coats look more like a hobo than the intended look. How about a Republic officer style uniform, all that work with the SIS and all.

If you get a chance look at the high level Imperial Agent armor, it looks absolutely amazing.

montreau
01.25.2012 , 12:50 AM | #30
Still using the same armor at 46... i`m also twi`lek so i can`t use any hats because of graphical bugs and some armors by the same reason.